• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP HEN Spoofing Firmware Guide

xiemphongthan

Lolzz....Bored with PSP..
:D.....At lease I don't get to see tthe chinese characters anymore. +Rep noldor

psp3k

T for Tired
I spoofed my version to 5.50 so i can go to playstation store

--------------------------------

it didnt work

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
As I have found out, it doesn't tell the PSP what version it is, it only displays it on screen. Internally, the PSP knows what FW it is on and That's 5.03 (for HEN users)

HEN-A

Contributer
Of course it is not going to work.The PSN store still recognizes you our running HEN lol.

shikamaru

No it doesn't recognize you as 5.03HEN, it recognizes you as 5.03 OFW

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM EST ----------

It doesn't look for system Settings FW, it looks in the PSP flash0 where details of the FW is stored and because HEN doesn't change that, the PSP is recognized as 5.03 OFW

HEN-A

Contributer
Sorry thats what I meant to say -.-. Since HEN requires 5.03 the PSN store can recognize your frimware version.

shikamaru

There's no way of PSN playing on HEN alone without plugin support or CFWe

shikamaru

It might help those who are more visual learners or noobs who don't understand the instructions on first post. I think that link should be added to first post as a video on how to do it

Noldor

There's no way of PSN playing on HEN alone without plugin support or CFWe

davee wantet to fix that prob in the HEN r3... i think, with the next version it's possible to use the psn...but i'm not sure about that...

shikamaru

Yeah, there's gonna be a version spoofer and plugin support so if one doesn't work, use the other to spoof your version

Mr.B

when i did mine it wouldnt work i changed the 5..03 to 0...00 and the C.h.i.c.k.h.e.n. to B.R.E.N.D.H.E.N and replace the h bin but the psp just freezes when i go to the slim tiff in the chickhen folder . But when i use the old one it works just fine can someone plz help me??

xiemphongthan

Did you overwrite anything but the "."?

xiemphongthan

Try editing it again. Or maybe it's pure luck. It has decreased your chance of booting HEN xD

shikamaru

Also so, check that each '.' has the value 00 and so the value would be something like

?? 00 ?? 00 ?? 00 etc

i messed that up one too and changed all of the '.' values to 00. and then it worked finally

dna123300

Okay, I just want to tell you guys that Firmware spoofing might have a possibility of decreasing the chance of loading the HEN.
It took me 9 hours to boot up 5.03 Hypercor R2

xiemphongthan

LOL. Anyway, i think it depends on the slim.tiff on my PSP. No matter whatever I edit, it always boot at the same try, with the same unique method by me xD.

Noldor

Okay, I just want to tell you guys that Firmware spoofing might have a possibility of decreasing the chance of loading the HEN.
It took me 9 hours to boot up 5.03 Hypercor R2

that's not really true...the only thing, u change in the h.bin is just the name, that is shown under 'system information' believe me, i tried lots of things and my HEN always startet normal...the only thing was, that it did't showed me the name, i wanted to have...:D