• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] 5.03 TIFF Hello World

Status
Not open for further replies.

lethalwp

Couldn't get it working on my psp3004 (belgian/french) original 4.21 FW (it just froze the psp), tried about 40 times. So i've just upgraded to 5.02 (from Dark-AleX - PSP Developer ), followed the hints of p2s2p: i've put about 8 jpgs in the photo dir + the slim.tiff from Matiaz & the h.bin in the root, wlan trigger de-activated, i have a umd game disk present, but didn't leave the time to load the game icon & sound.

And now, right after the flash upgrade: the "hello world" worked from the first time! :) And the Second! :) Haven't tried the third time yet ;)

Thx to all :)

ry64

I'm a winner.
Worked on the first try on my 3000!
f_IMG0939m_d701fb9.jpg

sorry about the blurryness, thats the best pic I could get.
Video proof

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
My psp 3k worked... Once but it did... I was ecstatic :p

lethalwp

So it seems the Slim.tiff works on psp 3000 as well?

Yes it does on my 3004, under some conditions:
- do a clean fresh boot, didn't work after playing with browser & mp3 (haven't tried enough to confirm)

- have a 5.xx firmware (like 5.02), probably that memory prints are too different with 4.xx (could not get it working with original 4.21, i suppose it can work since it freezes, but with another tiff that has the memory addresses corrected)

- have several pictures (5 till 8 .jpgs) in the picture dir (not in a subdir, didn't work for me), and the last picture is the tiff file.

Open the photo - memory stick, let the previews load, browse down, and it should be enough to trigger the tiff exploit, worked 7 times on 10 for me, it seems the memory addys are really sensitive to other conditions, be sure to be going up or down when it loads the previews, it seems to help triggering the hello world

chipster

Ive tried it like 20 times on ym psp and nothingg...i put the slim.tiff thing in PSP/PHOTO folder, and just put the h.bin as soon as my PSP drive opens not in any folders or anything...btw i had to create the PHOTO folder...man im realllly anxious, i wanna see something happen!! btw when i open it, there is a whitish screen, there is a camera thing loading in the middle, then after like 10 seconds my psp automatically turns off...

chipster

ok i just did it and something happened, not like the pic someone posted above but it was a squareish image with some words in a circle...is that whats supposed to come up? ill try again and post a pic asap!

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM EST ----------

finally got a pic, worked 3 times in a row so far i dunno if this is what its supposed to be tho...

ff7ofa.jpg

sorry pic is really big...

lethalwp

ok i just did it and something happened, not like the pic someone posted above but it was a squareish image with some words in a circle...is that whats supposed to come up? ill try again and post a pic asap!

you're probably not using the right tiff for your psp: use the fat.tiff if you have a psp1k, and slim.tiff if you have a 2k or 3k, read previous posts to see what can help triggering the hello world on a 3k.

The fat.tiff on my psp3k shows half of the real pic (a big blue smiley with text) before freezing, the slim.tiff just froze, until i got it right on how to make it work :)

chipster

you're probably not using the right tiff for your psp: use the fat.tiff if you have a psp1k, and slim.tiff if you have a 2k or 3k, read previous posts to see what can help triggering the hello world on a 3k.

The fat.tiff on my psp3k shows half of the real pic (a big blue smiley with text) before freezing, the slim.tiff just froze, until i got it right on how to make it work :)

i have a slim and i did put in the TIFF thing for slim...

libert

i got what chipster got few times. (I mean that is what in both of hose tiff files), most of the other times it jus freezes. And yes, adiuvo, I keep trying as we speak and on 30+ trials now

chipster

i got what chipster got few times. (I mean that is what in both of hose tiff files), most of the other times it jus freezes. And yes, adiuvo, I keep trying as we speak and on 30+ trials now

+1, i have waited way too long to give up after trying for like 15 mins...man i cant wait to see that hello world!

lethalwp

+1, i have waited way too long to give up after trying for like 15 mins...man i cant wait to see that hello world!

I have no 2k, but here are some trials you should do:
- be sure you're in a 5.x fw (5.02 works for me)
- maybe the 2k needs to have only one pic in the photo dir? (no subdir)
- maybe it needs, like the 3k, to have 5 or more jpgs, and do as shown here: YouTube - PSP 3000 RUNING EXPLOIT TIFF 5.03
- maybe it needs to have a subdir?
- maybe you should try to play a mp3 before, or browser, or game, or ...
- it triggers on preview on a 3k, maybe on a 2k too, or maybe you need to be fast & load the picture viewer completely? etc

Everything can affect the memory, but from the posts here, it seems the tiff triggered more easily on a 2k than 3k, give a try to several different methods

good luck

elcangri20009

Yeahhh the slim version of the Tiff exploit is running on my PSP 3000. Just waiting for the big day and hoping that something great is coming.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2yj3bPAMGY[/YT] :blush::p

libert

Something fishy!! I do understand unstable code, but 50 trials to get it worked once. So far on 40+ trial, still nthing. I can activate slide_show, and then see picture above, or if I scroll to the slim.tiff it just freezes nd in 3 seconds just turnes of. All the Time, EVERY TIME.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM EST ----------

Yeahhh, youtube!!!
Got to be kidding me.
just substitute slim.tiff by the black picture with white text on it and, yeha, exploti is running!!

Archaemic

mind me asking what model your PSP is ?

Was trying it on my TA-082, but I doubt that the motherboard has anything to do with software cracking ;) Obviously what software does depend on the model, so it's a fat. Anyway, it does work occasionally, so whatever. It works. That's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.