• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] Pandora Installer for 3.xx kernels

Hellcat

Contributor
*** PLEASE NOTE: THIS APP IS FOR USE ON CUSTOM FIRMWARES ONLY ***
*** IT WILL NOT, BY ANY CHANCE, RUN ON OFFICIAL FIRMWARE ***

*** PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND BEFORE POSTING A "GAME COULD NOT BE STARTED" ERROR ***

P a n d o r a - I n s t a l l e r - f o r - 3 . x x - K e r n e l s
============================================

LAST UPDATEs:

Revision 4b: (27.08.2008)
Small updates of the stuff that gets installed :)
  • - replaced DDCv6 with DDCv7
  • - replaced ELF-Menu v0.3 with v0.4

Revision 4a: (12.08.2008)
  • - added DDCv6 installation

Revision 4: (15.07.2008)
  • - added a new menu system for more easy navigation of all available options
    (I ran out of buttons for new functions *lol*)
    Usage should be a bit more easy now, less confusion....
  • - added option to install TimeMachine IPL to the MemStick
    (the IPL is build in, not required to have it as file on the MemStick)
  • - added option for installing a DDC stick! ("Desparter Del Cementario", or however it's spelled ;-) )
    Now you can finally make a MagicStick with this app that also works perfectly on the Slim and
    installs a recent CFW! :)
    No need for any additional tools or setups.
    (3.40 module extraction based on M33's PSARDumper)
  • - added option to modify a DDC MagicStick to launch ELF-Menu, instead of the original
    DDC ressurection.elf - already presupplied with NAND-Tool (propperly set up) and the
    original ressurection to be launched from the menu.

For all you maintanance needs :)
  • - It now looks for the 1.50 updater under "150.PBP", no longer under "UPDATE.PBP"!
  • - The required updater .PBPs are checked on startup and missing ones a are noted in a warning at the bottom of the mainscreen

Key features
  • Prepare (repartition and format) your memstick for Pandora
    (to reserve space for the MS IPL)
    since revision 3 you can also choose the name after format (see below)
  • Make normal battery to Pandora one
  • Make Pandora battery to normal one
  • Install a full 1.50 to the memstick, including the Pandora (classic, Fat and 1.50 only)
  • Install a full 1.50 to the memstick, including DAX' DDC universal unbricker for Fat+Slim
  • Install DDCv6 to the memstick
  • Install optional tools (ELF-Menum NAND-Tool) to a DDCv4 stick, already propperly set up and ready to use
  • Backup current battery serial to file
  • Restore battery serial from file
    (if trying to restore from a backupfile without one beeing present,
    the default serial will simply be used instead)

img-80713_pan3xxr4shot_g-r-full.gif

And here it is:
[ D*O*W*N*L*O*A*D (Rev.4b) ]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

porchemasi

This application has a major glitch. Hopefully this msg reaches Hellcat. When trying to make a Pandora Battery/Revert to Normal Battery it SIMPLY DOESNT WORK after you have used the official Pandora Battery creator and switch back and forth between them.

Hellcat

Contributor
Huh?
Yah, it reached him.... so you used the original Battery Creator and then wanted to revert to battery with this?

I'll try that, however the has nothing to do with the other.... weird....

[EDIT]
Just tried:
Hopped into 1.50, used the original Battery tool, hopped back to 3.90-M33 and used this one.
All went fine....

porchemasi

hmm Hellcat ... i dont know exactly what i did but all i know is that at the moment on my PSP it does not create a pandora battery, it says that it did but infact did not. But the official pandora creator still works ... maybe its jsut a glitch on mine

Richlando

I converted my battery on my phat to pandora and tried to convert it back to normal and it froze up on exit.Tried it again and it still froze up but it did convert the battery back to normal.And I'm on 390M33-2..

I converted my slim,bought it this weekend..love it,to pandora and back to normal without a hitch.372-->(DC4)380M33-5--->390M33-2.

Richlando

Toppers..I tried to use the Nand dump option and it hung up at the dumping....screen.I had to reboot and the MS led was off when I did.It rebooted just fine but I connected to my pc via USB to see if the dump was successful and to my surprise there were only 3 files on it.Two weird files with Japanese names and one file that was just labeled as 3.91GB..I tried opening the first two files and Vista reported that the syntax labels or was it volumes was incorrect and wouldn't proceed.I freaked out needless to say,I had alot of stuff on my stick that was and is gone forever..

I then had no choice but to format the stick and start over..and my battery was a Pandora at the time..I formatted in the XMB,connected to USB,copied and ran Panxxrev3b and like an idiot reformatted the stick for Pandora and chose the reboot option.I don't have to tell you what happened next..to top it off I had just sold my Phat and the wall charger that I had since I was using the USB charge in my slim more anyway..I finally went to Walmart at like 2am and bought a new one,powered it with that loaded the XMB then put the battery back in,booted up the Panxxrev3b again and converted my battery back to normal..whew.....................................................................................close call,and I feel like an idiot..Can I safely go back to Pandora on my slim? I'm assuming yes since I don't have the TA-85v2 mb,I want to because I happen to like the extra security it provides(380M33-5 recovery via DC4) and for the TM..

But what happened? I'm afraid to try the Nand dump again,but I've heard alot that it's a good idea to do..any feedback? X3? Hellcat????

Richlando

I used it to convert my Pandora back to normal and reinstall my backed up batser.bin file but haven't tried it to go back to pandora...kinda worried about that,,4xx kernel and all..

angelsniper45

can i install the generic serial onto a psp slim battery?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

angelsniper45

thank, its much easier than hardmodding it, although i should have thought of that before i hardmodded it, lol

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Hellcat

Contributor
Howdy folks :)

No need to download Rev3b - HERE COMES REV-4 :)

*** UPDATE *** UPDATE *** UPDATE ***

Revision 4: ( 15.07.2008 )
  • - added a new menu system for more easy navigation of all available options
    (I ran out of buttons for new functions *lol*)
    Usage should be a bit more easy now, less confusion....
  • - added option to install TimeMachine IPL to the MemStick
    (the IPL is build in, not required to have it as file on the MemStick)
  • - added option for installing a DDC stick! ("Desparter Del Cementario", or however it's spelled ;-) )
    Now you can finally make a MagicStick with this app that also works perfectly on the Slim and
    installs a recent CFW! :)
    No need for any additional tools or setups.
    (3.40 module extraction based on M33's PSARDumper)
  • - added option to modify a DDC MagicStick to launch ELF-Menu, instead of the original
    DDC ressurection.elf - already presupplied with NAND-Tool (propperly set up) and the
    original ressurection to be launched from the menu.

For all you maintanance needs :)
  • - It now looks for the 1.50 updater under "150.PBP", no longer under "UPDATE.PBP"!
  • - The required updater .PBPs are checked on startup and missing ones a are noted in a warning at the bottom of the mainscreen

*** UPDATE *** UPDATE *** UPDATE ***

Enjoy! :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Very nice release. I will need to update my universal unbricker guide :) Also liking the redesigned user interface. :thumbup1: