• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] Pandora Installer for 3.xx kernels

ashaab2007

<p>hey hellcat, can you please temme abt this situation i m facing</p>
<p>i want to knw whether the new version directly intalls DDCv6 without the need of puttin all the official firmware files like 3.90.pbp etc....
Can you plz temme abt this...coz if we don have to put the files..is it tat we can directly install DDCv6 into the memory card without the need of downloadin the offical firmwares...</p>

ashaab2007

<p>OK HELLCAT I UNDERSTOOD DAT WE NEED THE OFFICIAL FIRMWARES..BUT I WOULD BE VERY GREATFUL TO YOU.IF YOU COULD WRITE A GUIDE ON HOW TO INSTALL DCCV6 THROUGH THIS APPLICATION EASILY...</p>
<p>AND ONE MORE QUESTION ....SHUD WE DOWNLOAD DDCV6 OR THIS APPLICATION DOES ALL THE WORK???</p>

Hellcat

Contributor
<p>hey hellcat, can you please temme abt this situation i m facing</p>
<p>i want to knw whether the new version directly intalls DDCv6 without the need of puttin all the official firmware files like 3.90.pbp etc....
Can you plz temme abt this...coz if we don have to put the files..is it tat we can directly install DDCv6 into the memory card without the need of downloadin the offical firmwares...</p>
If you only want to install DDCv6 and nothing else, all you need it the Installer itself and the 401.PBP, you don't need anything else.

I'll see that I make the readme a bit more detailed on this for the next release :)

synyster522

When I use 3.xx kernels Revision 4a I can't find the option to "install a 1.50 firmware, containing Pandora, to the memory stick" like in the old update, so do I even have to do this?
Thanks.

Hellcat

Contributor
It's the third, if memory servers well.... the last one of the Pandora install options ("Install Classic Pandora....")

You only need it, if you want it....
For a DDCv4 or DDCv6 install you don't need it, every function takes care of everything it needs, not necessary to run one of the others before (except the additional tools, they require a set up DDCv4)

Mikhail

<p>Help okay i need some clarification, do i need another psp that has custom firmware. Ive put the folder in the game folder and renamed my update to 150 i tried loading the pandora installer and hte psp screen comes up and then it says game cannot be started i need help please.</p>

Hellcat

Contributor
Erhm.... you ARE capable of reading? ;)
If so, heres the first few lines of the release post again: :p

*** PLEASE NOTE: THIS APP IS FOR USE ON CUSTOM FIRMWARES ONLY ***
*** IT WILL NOT, BY ANY CHANCE, RUN ON OFFICIAL FIRMWARE ***

*** PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND BEFORE POSTING A "GAME COULD NOT BE STARTED" ERROR ***

tetzumaru

waaaaaaaaaaaaaa i cant install pandora. my mainboard is TA 085 V2...is there any way to create pandora using my psp slim?or der will b pan3xxr4b for TA 085 V2 that patch my batt to pandora?current firmware 4.01m33-2.plz help hellcat...and by the way can i use my slim battery 3.6v 1200mAh to do pandora in pan3xxr4a or any pan3xx homebrew?

Acerthief

by the way it is compatible to use pan3xxr4a for DC7 to make universal unbricker?

Negative. We'll have to wait for Hellcat's update ;)

tetzumaru

can someone help me?waaaaaaaaaaaaaa i cant install pandora. my mainboard is TA 085 V2...is there any way to create pandora using my psp slim?or der will b pan3xxr4b for TA 085 V2 that patch my batt to pandora?current firmware 4.01m33-2.plz help hellcat...and by the way can i use my slim battery 3.6v 1200mAh to do pandora in pan3xxr4a or any pan3xx homebrew?

gaspar

can someone help me?waaaaaaaaaaaaaa i cant install pandora. my mainboard is TA 085 V2...is there any way to create pandora using my psp slim?or der will b pan3xxr4b for TA 085 V2 that patch my batt to pandora?current firmware 4.01m33-2.plz help hellcat...and by the way can i use my slim battery 3.6v 1200mAh to do pandora in pan3xxr4a or any pan3xx homebrew?

I used the DC7 in pan3xxr3b and everything went well.

Hellcat

Contributor
UPDATE - even though it's a small one.... ;)

Revision 4b: ( 27.08.2008 )
Small updates of the stuff that gets installed :)
  • - replaced DDCv6 with DDCv7
  • - replaced ELF-Menu v0.3 with v0.4

I didn't have a chance to re-write the readme yet, like I promised to do....
....but I will.... eventually ;)

Fist post has been updated....

Hellcat

Contributor
Have been to lazy to repack the source as well, there didn't really change a thing in 4b!
Only a few files in the "files2.seq" got replaced and some paths in the source got changed accordingly.

So 4b source is pretty much identical to 4a.