• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] Recovery Flasher

Akuno

<p>I don't know what's wrong with my psp. It turns on but the screen remains black. It happened after i was playing a game on an emulator. It froze so so I took the battery out and put it back in, since that's the only way to turn it off when it does that. After the second time it froze then it came out to what i said to begin with.</p>

silver_surfer

<p>I don't know what's wrong with my psp. It turns on but the screen remains black. It happened after i was playing a game on an emulator. It froze so so I took the battery out and put it back in, since that's the only way to turn it off when it does that. After the second time it froze then it came out to what i said to begin with.</p>

try to format flash1

go to recovery menu then advanced and format flash1 and reset settings

Hellcat

Contributor
Update for 5.00-M33-6 will come.
As I'm updating it anyway (for the new M33 rev) I'm also putting a few more other smaller things in I had on my mind for some time now, so it could take a few days longer :)

If you got suggestions, now would be the time to talk about them, while I got it in the editor ;)

NIGHTSPEED98

<p>Hey Hellcat, good shit you do dog. n e how, i am in Iraq. some dude sold me some psp games and included a whole bunch of software he said i could find useful sometime. i don't know what they are for and i just updated my ps to 5.03 (i know, i know, i screwed myself, trying to revert back to 4.01 so i can update to latest m33 FW) n e how, is there n e way i can send these to you so you can identify them for me? i know i got wallpapers and themes too (not that i know how to use them yet)folder called "magic memory stick" with many folder, few of which include the word "pandora battery" cementerio, etc. I have an extensive library of psp games as well i am willing to share with ya. my psp as of now has over 990 games installed... hit me up. nightspeed98 on aol</p>

geoffw23

Please help?

Hi, sorry to be a pain, im new to all this. A friend pointed me to this update.

I have a fat psp and have reset the firmware back to original 1.50 using the gta stories method. So it says "System Software Version 1.50.

I have downloaded Hellcats Recovery Flasher and put in the game folder, when I run this, I choose Target FW: 5.00. And install, then this happens

Installing firmware - PSP model: "Fat" PSP
Updater used to extract FW: 500.PBP

Unassigning falshs....
falsh2: wasn't assinged - that's OK
falsh3: wasn't assinged - that's OK
Extracting special updater .PRX....

ERROR OPENING 500.PBP! (0x80010002)
Loading uodater modules
Error 80010002 loading/starting nand_updater.prx
Error 80010002 loading/starting lfatfs_updater.prx
Error 80010002 loading/starting lfalsh_fatfmt_updater.prx

Then I can go back to the normal updater screen.

Please can someone help, so I need a Pandora battery? Or do I need a CFW 1.50. If so, how do I get these?

Again sorry to be a pain.

Geoff

thetobbit

<p>can you pleas help me hellcat, ok here we go.
My psp is custom firmware 3.52 M33, as far as i now ts semi bricked (basically, when turning on it reverts to a fark blue screen and the memory card indicator flashes on and off, also if a UMD is inserted it makes a loading sound for a few secs and then clicks and repeats never endingly.</p>
<p>I think what made my psp brick was when i clicked the wrong m33 updator on my xmb one day.</p>
<p>Wel, i tried this recover thing you made, and it comes up (after launchin from recovery mode) : This program needs at least 2.72 to work. What does this maen, cause i have higer firmware?</p>
<p>Pleas help, is it something to do with my recovery mode settings? cud u tell me which are the ones i need to change etc, plez.</p>
<p>Ty for your help, i really want my psp back</p>

J

jx233

geoffw23 said:
Please can someone help, so I need a Pandora battery? Or do I need a CFW 1.50. If so, how do I get these?

Again sorry to be a pain.

Geoff

Ok, first make a NAND dump in Recovery Flasher incase things go wrong. Also make a Pandora Battery. Then make the MagicStick through PSP Pandora Deluxe. (Make DC8 in PSP Pandora Deluxe using the PC.) Using the Pandora Battery and MagicStick (that has Despertar del Cementerio v8 installed), you can install a fresh 5.00 M33-4 from there.

thetobbit said:
can you pleas help me hellcat, ok here we go.
My psp is custom firmware 3.52 M33, as far as i now ts semi bricked (basically, when turning on it reverts to a fark blue screen and the memory card indicator flashes on and off, also if a UMD is inserted it makes a loading sound for a few secs and then clicks and repeats never endingly.
I think what made my psp brick was when i clicked the wrong m33 updator on my xmb one day.
Wel, i tried this recover thing you made, and it comes up (after launchin from recovery mode) : This program needs at least 2.72 to work. What does this maen, cause i have higer firmware?
Pleas help, is it something to do with my recovery mode settings? cud u tell me which are the ones i need to change etc, plez.
Ty for your help, i really want my psp back

Hellcat hasn't been online for a long time, so I will help you.

Ok, here are the steps. Download Hellcat's Recovery Flasher. Then find the folder called: __SCE__rflash

Rename the folder to: RECOVERY

Then it from the Recovery Menu. Hellcat's Recovery Flasher should work then.

spartan132

<p>i had the newest custom m33 firmware when i used the program. i was trying to downgrade my psp to a lower custom firmware. so i decided to use the option "install a clean version if ofw 1.50" thats what i did. after the process finished, it restarted the psp, and after it did, i believe it bricked my psp, now i cant access my recovery menu because i think i no longer have my custom firmware. is there any-way to fix my psp? ive tried eb=verything at this point, i put a pandora battery in the psp and a magic memory stick, and it still does nothing. am i doing something wrong here? is my psp dead forever?</p>

Leecher

<p>i had the newest custom m33 firmware when i used the program. i was trying to downgrade my psp to a lower custom firmware. so i decided to use the option "install a clean version if ofw 1.50" thats what i did. after the process finished, it restarted the psp, and after it did, i believe it bricked my psp, now i cant access my recovery menu because i think i no longer have my custom firmware. is there any-way to fix my psp? ive tried eb=verything at this point, i put a pandora battery in the psp and a magic memory stick, and it still does nothing. am i doing something wrong here? is my psp dead forever?</p>

Do you have a PSP Slim?

CodeHaze

<p>Every time I start it it says data is corrupted and I put in a 3.71 ofw, 4.01 ofw, 5.00ofw an a 3.71 m33 can someone plllllzzzz help me?</p>

J

jx233

What Version are you on? Your post somewhat confused me so I need to ask.

swordpengy8

<p>Ok , um i have a psp slim and i recently had 3.90 but i ugraded to 5.00 for the playstation store. But the demos and stuff don't workand neither does psptube or other stuff so i want too downgrade to 4.01 m33-4. Im not sure if this is completly safe. Will it delete my save files? Do i need a magic memory stick? help</p>

Alex

pkay, what do is is buy a datel tool battery, then make a magic memory stick using pandora deluxe.

when ure in pandora deluxe be sure to select DC8

JSReaper212

<p>PLZ HELP! So I got this because when I run my ISO/CSO It either fails to load or get stuck on intro. But when I run this Error comes up. The game could not be started. (80020148) I have 5.00 M33-6</p>

JSReaper212

<p>Did that but what it really was that i have ac charger attached to my usb so it doesnt put everything on there. so i used my card reader wich usually doesn't read it sometimes.</p>

J

jx233

JSReaper212 said:
Did that but what it really was that i have ac charger attached to my usb so it doesnt put everything on there. so i used my card reader wich usually doesn't read it sometimes.

Do you have a fake memory card, that could be a reason why it has problems with games.