• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] Recovery Flasher

Hellcat

Contributor
On 1.50 the DDC replacement is for DDCv7 only, yes.
On 1.60 it (it supposed to....) work for any DDC from 6 on :)

Hopefully 1.60 will be released by the end of this week.

Hellcat

Contributor
OK, long overdue.... but here it comes :)

** UPDATE ** UPDATE ** UPDATE **

img-90529_icon0_p-r-full.png

Changelog since last release:
  • Updated 5.00-M33 installation to revision 6
  • Changed autonaming of new backup folders to include date, firmware, psp model
  • Made the resurrecion.prx replacement function working on all DDCs from 6 and above
  • Added detection of PSP 3000 and PSP 2000 TA-088v3+. Flash writing functions will be disabled on those PSPs as they are not CFW capable and flashing would result in a brick
  • Added support for "Firmware Packs" - theese, like addons, packs will eliminate the need for a complete new release only when a new (C)FW is released. Instead of releasing a new Recovery Flasher it'll just be such a pack, enabling Recovery Flasher to install the new firmware until an update of the main app is done that supports the firmware natively. Can/Will also be used for making Recovery Flasher install CFWs not supported, like GEN and such.
  • Added complete checksum-check of the updater .PBP going to be used to avoid corrupted/incomplete .PBPs causing a brick
  • Added full verify of the NAND dump that got written to be sure you have a good one
  • Added detection of HEN mode
  • Added detection and propper handling if a backup set contains OFW instead of CFW (like when made from HEN)
  • Added better NAND dump handling. New dumps are now created with names similar to the (new) backup slot names (and now go into /flash-nanddumps), incl. an ID for the PSP they are made on, on NAND restore a list is shown with all available dumps matching the ID of the current PSP to choose from (the ID matching should prevent choosing a wrong dump accidentally)
  • Added back/cancel on backup creation and restore
  • Backups made from HEN mode are tagged to identify them as containing ORIGINAL firmware (as those backups do!)

Download Recovery Flasher 1.60

** UPDATE ** UPDATE ** UPDATE **

1st post has been updated as well :)

january39

eXo Staff
Nice, Thanks Hellcat. Going on my stick as we speak ;)

Metal_Militia

<p>Can someone help me?
When I run the install M33 CFW, I pressed format all settings, and immeidately a screen pops out and says *at the bottom* There have been critical errors!ABORTING!!!No Harm has been done. Press any button.. Then it goes back to the main menu (I have 5.00 m33-6)</p>

Hellcat

Contributor
<p>Can someone help me?
When I run the install M33 CFW, I pressed format all settings, and immeidately a screen pops out and says *at the bottom* There have been critical errors!ABORTING!!!No Harm has been done. Press any button.. Then it goes back to the main menu (I have 5.00 m33-6)</p>
In the upper part of the screen (where all the action takes place), it should tell you WHAT went wrong.

So, what went wrong? :)

(Sony updater not found? Bad file? Cosmic radiation?)

angelsniper45

if you run this from time machine 3.60, will you get an actual 3.6 dump or will it be your original firmware?

J

jx233

angelsniper45 said:
if you run this from time machine 3.60, will you get an actual 3.6 dump or will it be your original firmware?

It will just be the TM firmware.

TM 3.60 and Orginal 3.60 M33 have different IPLs so the firmwares will be different.

There is no way you can get the original out of the TM one, unless you create your own custom IPL and put it into the 3.60 M33 TM one.

johntuan

hey ok i can get the chickHen to launch into 5.03ChickHen then when i run recovery flash I cant move to accept the terms I would say that it froze but I'm not sure. Any ideas? Ive tried it like 5 times same thing. I tried 1.50 and 1.60 of recovery flasher

angelsniper45

what kind of psp do you have? full CFW installation is still not in effect for 3ks *yet*. (same thing goes for ta-88v3s)

you can still use chickHEN, but i would suggest trying one of the CFW loaders, it loads certain functions without overwriting anything in the flash, just as chickHEN does, im pretty sure its in our downloads section on the front page.

Muzzy

<p>Hi guys,</p>
<p>I have an early version FAT psp which I believe is semi-bricked. We're not sure how this happened but when you turn it on you just get a blank screen after the Sony logo.</p>
<p>I can still access the recovery menu (brother told me that v5.00 M33 CFW was insalled) and successfully ran Hellcat's program. I tried flashing both 3.71 and 4.01 Sony OFW which according to Hellcat's program flashes perfectly fine.</p>
<p>I reboot... and the same issue. I only get a blank screen with no icons.</p>
<p>Am I doing something wrong?? Or is the matter something other than the FW?</p>
<p>Any help would be appreciated.</p>
<p>Thanks.</p>

U3-Robot

<p>Hi guys,</p>
<p>I have an early version FAT psp which I believe is semi-bricked. We're not sure how this happened but when you turn it on you just get a blank screen after the Sony logo.</p>
<p>I can still access the recovery menu (brother told me that v5.00 M33 CFW was insalled) and successfully ran Hellcat's program. I tried flashing both 3.71 and 4.01 Sony OFW which according to Hellcat's program flashes perfectly fine.</p>
<p>I reboot... and the same issue. I only get a blank screen with no icons.</p>
<p>Am I doing something wrong?? Or is the matter something other than the FW?</p>
<p>Any help would be appreciated.</p>
<p>Thanks.</p>

Turn off all plugins, then format flash1 from recovery menu.

Muzzy

<p>Done that and still no go.
I re-flashed flash0 with OFW 3.71 again and still the same :(</p>
<p>How do you turn off plugins? There are no plugins in the plugins section anyway...</p>

Muzzy

<p>any other suggestions? I'm getting quite desperate now.</p>
<p>Should I just use padora? I can definately fix it that way yeah?</p>

psychomc

-=Model OX=-
this didn't help me
right when it got reflashed with this
it gaved me two error codes

Anayalata

Ok so I have 5.50 Gen-B and all my homebrew no longer works.
I updated in order to download songs from the PSN store for RB Unplugged.

I've been trying to downgrade to 5.00M33-6 and I've tried going to 5.00, 3.71, and even 1.50 following the instructions.

I get this long error message

Unassigned flashs....
FATAL: Error 0x8002013a while unassigning flash0:
WARNING: Error 0x8002013a while unassigning flash1:
*Disabling settings format, clearing registry!
Weird: Error 0x8002013a while unassigning flash2:
Weird: Error 0x8002013a while unassigning flash3:
Extracting special updater .PRX....
Loading updated modules
Error 80010002 loading/starting nand_updated.prx
Error 80010002 loading/starting lfatfs_updated.prx
Error 80010002 loading/starting lflash_fatfmt_updater.prx
ERROR reloading decrypter module! (0x8002013a)

There have been critical errors!
ABORTING!!! No harm has been done! Press any button.

This happens with the 500.PBP

A.0.A

Hunter
Ok so I have 5.50 Gen-B and all my homebrew no longer works.
I updated in order to download songs from the PSN store for RB Unplugged.

I've been trying to downgrade to 5.00M33-6 and I've tried going to 5.00, 3.71, and even 1.50 following the instructions.

I get this long error message

Unassigned flashs....
FATAL: Error 0x8002013a while unassigning flash0:
WARNING: Error 0x8002013a while unassigning flash1:
*Disabling settings format, clearing registry!
Weird: Error 0x8002013a while unassigning flash2:
Weird: Error 0x8002013a while unassigning flash3:
Extracting special updater .PRX....
Loading updated modules
Error 80010002 loading/starting nand_updated.prx
Error 80010002 loading/starting lfatfs_updated.prx
Error 80010002 loading/starting lflash_fatfmt_updater.prx
ERROR reloading decrypter module! (0x8002013a)

There have been critical errors!
ABORTING!!! No harm has been done! Press any button.

This happens with the 500.PBP

check your PSP if you have a plugins that was enabled, this might give you an error!!.. so just disable your plugins or format you MS!!, and then report back!