• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] Recovery Flasher

hauting402

hi hellcat i cant seem to get the thing to work i hav a psp 1001 and its version 5.03 chickhen r2 and when i try to install it says critical error no harm done but more specifically error opening 500.PBP! (0x80010002) what should i do?

psp318player

SMOOTH HACKER
Everytime I read "Hellcat" I think about a bricked PSP 3000. He has too many Flash0 works. Lol. Useful on my 2000 though.

Hellcat

Contributor
What? How many "f0 works" do I have? To my knowledge RF is the only one.

And if someone bricked a 3k using RF; own fault, should learn to read.

Deathrow

Hey Hellcat :)
According to recent news postings, there was an update of your program named Recovery Flasher 1.65 (Beta). If I am not mistaken, it is a version for newer firmware (but still only for motherboards lower than TA-88v3) and could enable downgrading.

Is this still a beta? Just curious to know where it stands right now.

Hellcat

Contributor
Final testing, Deathrow.

If I don't encounter some big showstoppers v1.65 should be out by tomorrow.

And you are completely right, it'll run fine on the 6.20 and the 6.35 HENs and deal with all eventualities they bare, also it'll be able to d/g from 6.35 and most important will still only work on flashable PSP models.
Also it'll be able to handle FWs (for restore of filewise f0 backups or clean install from scratch) up to 6.20 now (1.60's max is 5.5x).

Hellcat

Contributor
Update:
(first post has also been updated)
--------------------
v1.65
img-10119_icon0_p-r-full.png

>>> *D*O*W*N*L*O*A*D* <<<

First off, a small "what's NOT (yet?) supported": ANY kind of flashing on "newer 2000s", PSP 3000 or the PSPgo
If support for those models will ever, in any way be added to Recovery Flasher is doubtful (mostly as there's no CFWs for those).
MAYBE (and I can't stress the *MAYBE* enough, it's more likely a "likely not") support to flash OFW on (some of) those models might be added one day for the sake of downgrading the OFW.

And with that out of my system, here's the "what's new":
  • fixed compatibility with 6.20-TN HEN
  • added check for 6.20-TN and the 6.35 HEN
  • added check for 6.20-TN HEN's flash0 protection being enabled
  • added check for configured game mode plugins when on 6.20-TN and the 6.35 HEN
  • added detection of the PSP4000 model and the PSPgo
  • added appropriate handling of all of the above, when detected, to avoid unnecessary tears casted by users
  • added support to handle 6.00, 6.10 and 6.20 FWs for restore of (filewise) flash backup and clean install from scratch
  • added decryption of extracted (hidden) updater driver modules - and so enabling downgrade from 6.35+ (only on hackable PSPs though, for now)
  • added new firmware packs to install clean 6.20 OFW using Recovery Flasher
  • bundled the existing 5.50-GEN firmware packs with the main release

>>> *D*O*W*N*L*O*A*D* <<<

If you want to support it or just show your appreciation: Kitty Appreciation Page ;)

Lawliet156

Im on 6.35 HEN and have an at least 3 year old PSP-2000, would using the make my battery a PANDORA through this program work or not?

Hellcat

Contributor
Im on 6.35 HEN and have an at least 3 year old PSP-2000, would using the make my battery a PANDORA through this program work or not?
Just try it.

If the option changes to "Make battery NORMAL again", then it worked.
If the option stays at "make Pandora...." then it didn't.

No harm can be done to the PSP in case it doesn't work, it just doen't work then, that's all, so it's save to just try :)

Deathrow

^ Not possible because they have a higher motherboard.

Good update Hellcat :)

bardock209

Hellcat's RF problem

Hi guys, i just downloaded the RF 1.65, but when i selected the "from FW pack" and press X on install CFW, there is nothing listed apart cancel.

help plz. there are some files with .rfp in the FW pack folder, but what files am i supposed to use??
thx

soulburn

I can't get this running on my PSP-1000. Now I'm using 6.35 PRO (HEN mode started using signed eboot, but also tried using savegame exploit). RF starts normaly, but when starting CFW install (5.00 M33 or 5.50 form FW Pack) i get this line:
Code:
Extracting special updater .PRX....
Loading updater modules
 Error 80020148 loading/starting nand_updater.prx
 Error 80020148 loading/starting lfatfs_updater.prx
 Error 80020148 loading/starting lflash_fatfmt_updater.prx

And obviusly: critical errors - no harm done

What's wrong ?

Hellcat

Contributor
PSP 3000 or PSPgo 6.35 to 6.20 downgrade Is it possible? Sorry bad English. Because from Turkey
If you would've been able to read, you wouldn't have needed to ask this as the answer was already in my post, the readme, my twitter.... well, you get the point ;)

Hi guys, i just downloaded the RF 1.65, but when i selected the "from FW pack" and press X on install CFW, there is nothing listed apart cancel.
help plz. there are some files with .rfp in the FW pack folder, but what files am i supposed to use??
thx
Put the .RFP files into the root of your memstick, they'll show up then - this is explained in the README, BTW ;)

Thanks Hellcat,awesome Update :=)
Your easyinstallers for the 6.20 and 6.35 HENs made testing a bit less painfull :)

I can't get this running on my PSP-1000. Now I'm using 6.35 PRO (HEN mode started using signed eboot, but also tried using savegame exploit). RF starts normaly, but when starting CFW install (5.00 M33 or 5.50 form FW Pack) i get this line:
Code:
Extracting special updater .PRX....
Loading updater modules
 Error 80020148 loading/starting nand_updater.prx
 Error 80020148 loading/starting lfatfs_updater.prx
 Error 80020148 loading/starting lflash_fatfmt_updater.prx
What's wrong ?
Looks like you're not using v1.65.
(Re)Download the latest (v1.65) and try again.
If you have previously cached the updater modules (judging by the log you pasted, you didn't) cache them again.

the-green

Hello friends , thanks Hellcat, good job but I had a question de we need always a Pandora batterie ton downgrade a flashable PSP 1000 or 2000 ????
we can't do that without-it ????
thanks for your answers