• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] Recovery Flasher

Alex

Just upgrade to 5.00m33 and install leda or the 150k add on

angelsniper45

Just upgrade to 5.00m33 and install leda or the 150k add on

you should note that 150k addon is only for the phat PSPs

llkristianll

@Hellcat
I updated my psp cf5.00m33-4 to ofw 6.20 and i want to downgrade it back to my cf.
can 1.60 recovery flasher solve this?
and i had the same problem wtih lyz1510.

lyz1510 says:
hi hellcat,
i can't seem to open the recovery flasher application on my psp after transferring it to my psp. it says "this game cannot be started. the data is corrupted.". any ideas on what i should do?
thanks in advance.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Recovery Flasher is of no use in this scenario, it is a homebrew app and therefore can only run on custom firmware or official firmware with an available kernel exploit. 6.20 does not fall under that category. As your PSP is 1000 or 2000 series unit you may be able to downgrade it using Pandora. Consult my guide for more information.

Player863

m33 user
Great work Hellcat, this is a very useful app.

Oh, and llkristianll, this WILL NOT WORK with the half-byte loader (props to Wololo), so you need a pandora.

momoshen

Can i downgrade my psp 1000 from v5.00M33-6 to 5.00M33-3 with Hellcat's Recovery Flasher?
without pandora battery n magic memory card?
thanks..

Hellcat

Contributor
No, RF flashes the last 5.00m33 that was made (5.00m33-6 might be the one).
You could, however, flash to 4.01 and then to plain 5.00m33 and then apply update 3....

But why would you want to flash to 5.00m33-3 anyway?
There is nothing (to my knowledge) that works on -3 that doesnt work on -6.... :confused:

momoshen

thanks a lot for the explaination hellcat..
oh..
i wanna play psx final fantasy VIII..
it said that work flawless on 5.00M33-3..
in 5.00M33-6 couldn't use several magic n sometimes could hang..
do u know any version beside 5.00M33-3 could flawless to on psx final fantasy VIII?
thanks hellcat..

momoshen

thanks a lot for the explaination hellcat.. oh.. i wanna play psx final fantasy VIII.. it said that work flawless on 5.00M33-3.. in 5.00M33-6 couldn't use several magic n sometimes could hang.. do u know any version beside 5.00M33-3 could work flawless on psx final fantasy VIII? thanks hellcat..

Xwasabi

Mr.Hellcat
i had just use this proggarm 2 flash my psp 2006 from firmware 5.03 to firmware 4.01..but after i fnish everything and the program goes to shut down..my psp have no display,just the green LED..do u know how can i fix this??

Hellcat

Contributor
What version of the Recovery Flasher did you use?
Are you sure you have a flashable PSP (one that is capable od using Pandora)?

Xwasabi

i use the version 1.20...im not sure if this psp is the flashable one..i have search the internet and it seem like my psp is bricked and i cant even go to the recovery menu...

Hellcat

Contributor
First lesson learned: never use outdated versions, current one is 1.60, that one also would have detected if your PSP can be flashed at all.

Second lesson learned: check if your PSP is flashable BEFORE you flash it and also look if there's more recent versions of apps like that.

Thrid lesson, yet to learn: see to get a working Pandora set (battery + memstick) and try to unbrick your PSP with that
If you're unlucky and your PSP is/was not capable of being flashed with CFW, then Pandora will not work as well and you indeed have a nice, shiney brick on your hands.
Only thing you can do then is to send it to Sony for repair.

Xwasabi

thanks fos telling me all that hehe..so can i create a pandora bantery with the pandora installer??o i had to buy one??

Hellcat

Contributor
If you have access to (a friend's maybe) CFW or HEN running PSP, then yes, you can create everything you need for a working Pandora set with the "Pandora Installer for 3.xx+".

Latest version of that is Rev.4b, if you need a link to that I can dig one up :)

angelsniper45

If you have access to (a friend's maybe) CFW or HEN running PSP, then yes, you can create everything you need for a working Pandora set with the "Pandora Installer for 3.xx+".

Latest version of that is Rev.4b, if you need a link to that I can dig one up :)

We should have a dl in our downloads section. Im about 90% sure its there, if not we can upload it

Xwasabi

erm i got my friend's psp(2006) with me.it runs on CFW but then the app said that the mainboard of the psp cannot be use to create a pandora battery..is there any other way to create a pandora battery??

Hellcat

Contributor
Try another PSP, or check DealExtreme and similar sites to get one.

Also, you can find someone to send your battery to, to have it made into Pandora.