• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] Recovery Flasher

Hellcat

Contributor
Indeed the full backup/restore isn't really intended for FW below 3.60.
Flashing, however, works fine (with a valis 3.60 or higher backup).

Didn't think of that so far since the intention of the app was for use on the higher FWs *lol*

I think I'll just disable the backup functions for those FWs in the next version - maybe I'll even make them compatible, not sure yet :p

ffactoryxx

So I have the 3.03 OE - C firmware from like 2 years ago. Your saying I could just load this up and it will automatically update my FW to the newest 4.01 M33-2???

After that i am good to go??

What about bricking or the whole pandora battery thing
?

J

jx233

yeah, this app should get firmware checking.
3.52 and lower be disabled for flash0 backup/restore.

the error message for 3.52 and lower for flash0 backup/restore should be "This function is compatible for 3.60 and higher. Sorry."

*but at least with flash backup, i could get the IPL dumped/extracted. (needed it for various reasons)

thanks Hellcat! :)

Hellcat

Contributor
@ffactoryxx:
Yes, you can directely flash a 4.01-M33-2 from you current 3.03-OE one :)

@jx233:
I decided to take the longer road, I am currently making the backup/restore fully compatible with 3.52 and earlier CFWs :D

J

jx233

:w00t:

well good luck Hellcat!
:)

this is speculation but You may possibly create a "Recovery Flasher 01g" for Phat PSP.
And a seperate "Recovery Flasher 02g" for Slim.

But its not likely. Its just "Recovery Flasher" for all PSPs now.

btw, is the RFlash for 3.52 and earlier gonna be Recovery Flasher 1.40?

Hellcat

Contributor
It'll all be in one single app, running fine on Slim and Fat, it's supposed to take care of all situations that it might encounter (as 3.52 and below, for example).

And since the compatibility for those earlier CFWs is more or less only a bugfix, it's going to be 1.31.

J

jx233

ok

ok, but take your time on this.

and good luck too.

and is there any (possible) way to get this to work in 1.50 kernel? :confused1:
(even if 1.5 is defunct, its still useful to PSP Phat owners) :biggrin:

btw, someone should start a Hellcat Fan Group on this site. :w00t:

Hellcat

Contributor
*lol* ;)

Yeah, it would be possible to make a build that runns on 1.50.... but it would not be able to flash M33 CFWs though....

The backup/restore fix is pretty much done....

dubiyus

The situation: Upgraded phat to 4.01 M33-2. Got the bright idea to try to use the fatmsmod patch for 3.80/3.90. Reboot to a semi-brick, have recovery menu but nothing else. Look around for a while and try to find some way to fix it without a pandora. Tried the recovery flasher that was included with 3.02 OE and it just goes to the black screen and then shuts down. Tried a couple of different things, eventually just give up and order a premade pandora. Backup what I wanted from the memory stick and then delete everything I could in preparation to make a magic stick. Then I stumbled across this. Still haven't recieved the pandora so I thought I had found the quicker answer. But when I try running it from the recovery menu (both 4.xx and 1.50 kernels) the same thing happens. BSOD and a few seconds later power off.

Any suggestions?

Hellcat

Contributor
You have the 1.50 addon installed?
In that case EBOOTs are always launched in 1.50 kernel from the recovery menu, AFAIK.

And this tool doesn't run on 1.50, but it makes me wonder why the 3.02-OE recovery eboot doesn't work then....

Well, alongside with another bugfix, I am currently finishing a just-for-fun build of Recovery Flasher that runns on 1.50 :D (limited functionality, but backup/restore works).
Maybe that just-for-fun thing could indeed make sense to recover PSPs with the 1.50 addon.... looks like I'm gonna d/l and install the addon to do some testing....

and is there any (possible) way to get this to work in 1.50 kernel? :confused1:
(even if 1.5 is defunct, its still useful to PSP Phat owners) :biggrin:
Like mentioned above, I modified it a bit to get a build that runns on a plain, original, unpatched 1.50 :D
The fresh install function will most likely not work (yet have to test them) so I'll take them out of the 1.50 build, but backup/restore works fine, so given you have a propper backup of the FW you wish to go to, you can then do so straight from (or to) 1.50 :D:D:D

Sweet, already did a backup of the 1.50, restored back to 4.01-M33 and restored back to 1.50 *lol*

dubiyus

I'm 99.8% sure I DID NOT install the 1.50 addon. But it was late so I can't remember 100%. Normally I wouldn't have a need for it so I doubt I would have installed it.

Does this program require any files that would normally be on the memory stick? Any prx modules or anything? Like I said...I deleted near everything off the stick before trying to run this. Or maybe it's what the fatmsmod modifies that's keeping it from loading? Just poking at ideas.

Edit: Went into the flash0 and manual changed 3 of the pspbt*.prx files(the 4th didn't seem to have a reference to fatms371.prx or friend) then deleted the fatms371 and fatms371_friend files. That SHOULD have undone the fatmsmod...unless it modifies something other than what it says in the readme. Outcome is the same. BSOD > shutdown.

J

jx233

1.50 + 3.52 m33-4

ok, if your program detects 1.50, it should load a different menu.
that menu would have:
-backup/restore functions for 1.50, 1.50 CFW, and CFW 2.71 SE to 3.52 M33-4
-registry functions
- it should say "flash a fresh 3.52 M33-4" (instead of 3.71 m33-4 or 4.01 m33-2) when it detects 1.50 kernel mode.

here is one question from curiousity:

1. is there, by any chance, 1.00 kernel compatibility? (1.00 is definetly more defunct and useless than 1.5, but it never hurts to ask. )

and here is a suggestion:
and when you make a port to 1.5, keep it a single EBOOT and NO KXPLOIT please. :smile:

btw, thanks Hellcat for all that effort you're putting into your apps. :w00t:

Hellcat

Contributor
:) Glad you enjoy it that much :)

The build for 1.50 is a seperate EBOOT, for quite some reasons - the kXploit beeing only one among quite some others....
....and no, no real chance of getting it to run on 1.00.

And here we go now:

UPDATE *** UPDATE *** UPTIME

Changes on 1.32 since 1.30

• fixed a flaw in the backup/restore functions that made them going haywire on CFWs of 3.52 and below when restoring a full firmware from a backup.
    Now works fine on those lower CFWs as well :)
  • Well, this one is more "just for fun" than meant serious.... I made an additional build of the app, that runns on unpatched, virgin, original 1.50 :D
    Restoring and creating backups works as fine as installing a fresh M33 CFW (3.71/4.01) - YES, you can go from 1.50 STRAIGHT AND NONSTOP to a fresh 4.01-M33 this way!
    The other way round also works: restoring a 1.50 from a backup when running on 4.01.
    (this might also help people having installed the 1.50 AddOn and so unable to use the original build)

First post suffered the same fate as this app: It got UPDATED ;)