• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] Recovery Flasher

duh.dong

i was able to downgrade from a CFW 4.01 m33-2 to 3.71 m33-4 but now i'm getting an error message "An internet error has occured. (00000001)" whenever i try to test Network Settings .. any idea how to fix this?

labo

hi can you guys tell me what seems the problem i just updated from v1.31 to v1.32 but now it wont start and hangs in loading the loading screen btw i did not copy 1.50 folder

Hellcat

Contributor
@duh-dong:
That's a known bug from Sony! It's present in OFW as well, only happens when the PSP couldn't find any WiFi APs, everything works fine as soon as there's one AP discoverable.

@labo:
That's weird.... it just sits there and does nothing? Any other issues with the PSP (like semi brick, or such)?

necronen

Hi there, will this work on my PSP Fat 4.01M33-2 using only 32MB MS? I am planning to downgrade my PSP back to 3.71M33 and have it upgrade again to 3.90M33.

snirky

Hi, I was directed to this thread from my help needed thread. I have been unable to upgrade my PSP beyond 3.71M33-4 even using my pandoras kit (PSP Pandora Deluxe 1.3 btw). It was suggested i try using Hellcat's recovery flasher. However, I encountered the same problem which is after the installation is successful and i'm told to press any button, i reset my PSP, the MS light flashes abit and i get a black screen which i believe is a full brick.

Any suggestions, help or advice is very much appreciated.

snirky

@necronen
Thanks for the prompt reply. However, using universal unbricker was the program i tried before using PSP pandora deluxe.

attski

Thank you Hellcat and FearEvil19

Hi Hellcat!

Thank you for this wonderful upgrading/downgrading tool !
Having being away from the CFW and homebrew scene for so long, I came to use your tool to upgrade my PSP to the latest CFW :D

FearEvil19 had recommended me to Hellcat's Recover Flasher, so I wanna thank him too!

THANK YOU HELLCAT >.< THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUING DEVELOPMENTS!

Attski

duh.dong

@Hellcat
weird thing is that my unit's just beside my wireless router .. my phone can connect but my unit can't .. tried upgrading it to a higher firmware version but still can't connect .. i guess, it's a hardware problem .

but your software/guide is really helpful .. the technicians fixing my PSP was having problems downgrading the software and they have my unit for like 3 weeks and wasn't able to do anything

followed the steps and less than a day, everything's ok except for the wifi ..

angelsniper45

haha. nice app. especially with the formatting flash0:// haha

Lonely

<p>I have recently upgrade my psp to version 4.05 and i cant play my memory stick games anymore pls help me</p>

Starkadh

@Hellcat

Excellent utility! Great work! A little something I noticed while testing 1.32 that I thought would be handy is a 'exit' function from the backup menu. That way if you just want to look at the current backup slots, you don't have to create another backup, overwrite one, or kill the program with the 'HOME' key to get out of the backup function screen.

Keep up the great work.

Phoenix3745

awesome product.

I wonder if you gonna add the features to flash a fresh 3.80m33-5 and 3.90m33-3.
This will take recovery flasher to a new level.

Hellcat

Contributor
** UPDATE ** UPDATE ** UPDATE **

• Added native support for installing a fresh 5.00-M33
  • Added option to cache the special modules from all updater .PBP currently on your memstick.
    The modules are saved seperately and - if present - used directly instead of extracting them from the required updater (again) when performing a restore of a backup.
    This way you can save space on the memstick by deleting the updater .PBPs if you don't need them otherwise.

First post has been updated.

// EDIT
@Phoenix3745:
3.80-M33 and 3.90-M33 might indeed be added.... eventually.... one day ;)

J

jx233

a few more questions?

nice!!!

sorry if I sound like n00b, but got some questions:

1.but when in 5.00 M33 can we view files in flash0? ( are they hidden?)

2.is there a 1.50 version too, to upgrade a FW 1.50 all the way to 5.00 M33?

3.and Hellcat, can you add the feature of "Update Recovery Flasher", where users can update RFlash?
(UPT has an update feature, so I hope RFlash have this too.)

4. are the updater modules encrypted or decrypted?

btw, i tryed 5.00 M33, it was ok, but went back to 3.52 M33-4. :blushing:

I hope a TimeMachine 5.00 M33 will be released soon, or exact opposite: release a 3.52 M33-4 for TM.

If there will be 3.52 M33-4 in TimeMachine, i will update to 5.00 M33.

bakemono1526

PSP Addict!
Nice Job Hellcat!

musicboy

<p>hey er why when i try to start the recovery thing it say game cannot start the data is corrupted. i can't run from recovery mode as my psp firmware is 5.00 and i dunno why can't go recovery mode and my psp is slim
please reply ASAP</p>

Hellcat

Contributor
1:
If you enable flash-via-USB in the recovery menu of the CFW you can browse the flash, why shouldn't you be able to? :)

2:
Recovery Flasher comes with a special version for 1.50 OFW, yes.
And yes, you CAN flash directely to 5.00-M33 from 1.50 :D

3:
Most likely not, since I can't be bothered (yet) to fiddle around with the PSPs WiFi stuff.
Maybe in the far future....

4:
Encrypted, but loadable by any FW, so that isn't a problem.

@musicboy:
You got 5.00 official firmware? Think again :p