• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] Recovery Flasher

J

jx233

clear this up

ok, i'm confused. sorry :confused1:

but Rflash comes with two apps now.

are they the standard 3.xx RFLASH and the 1.50 RFLASH?

and does the 1.50 RFlash have update to 3.71 m33/4.01 m33 function?

i'm unfortunatly confused Hellcat.

can you explain more in detail?

J

jx233

ok

all understood, now i can run the 1.50 RFLASH from RECOVERY MENU, but i dont have to worry about bricks, cuz i got a Pandora Battery, a MagicStick, and two TimeMachine Sticks.

but i use this app, just in case anything happens. and good work on this Hellcat!! :biggrin:

btw, Hellcat, I almost got a heart-attack :eek:hmy: when i first got the app (I'm very skinny but almost got a heart attack still!), and tryed it out.
It said "formatting flash0' and I think my heart stopped beating for a second. nice joke!

in the next RFlash, i know a new joke suggestion for when exiting the app, it should say :

"Formatting and repartitioning lflash...ok
Formatting MemoryStick...ok
Erasing Idstorage...ok"

and then 3 seconds later it should say:

"nah, just kidding ;p"

*but that could give a lot of people heart attacks, (LOL) :laugh:

:w00t:

dubiyus

you trying to give us middle aged folks real heart attacks or something? 0.o

i guess i'm just gonna wait for the pandora to arrive since I can't seem to figure out why i can't get rflash to run form the recovery menu. hopefully once i get everything back to normal and try out this program it will be all that i've expected it to be. =] thanks to hellcat for at least paying attention to my lack luster posts.........care to help me set up a psp c++ environment? i know programming but know little about setting up anything dealing with c....

J

jx233

lol

"Formatting and repartitioning lflash...ok
Formatting MemoryStick...ok
Erasing Idstorage...ok"

and then 3 seconds later it should say:

"nah, just kidding ;p"

*but that could give a lot of people heart attacks, (LOL) :laugh:

:w00t:

yeah, but my heart almost stopped becuase of fear of a brick, anyways I am YOUNG ( under 20) so it wasn't age that almost gave me the heart attack.

it was Hellcat's message saying "formatting flash0" that scared me. (LOL)

but Hellcat should put in the new joke message that I suggested. :smile:

So Hellcat, what will the next Recovery Flasher have?

badwhip

i cant get this new update to work with 4.01m33 with 1.5add on any chance of an updatethatwill get this done?

BloodHalo117

wait, so i'm tring to get cfw 4.01 m33-2. i have everything. but from the readme it says to put the official Sony 3.71 Update EBOOT into the recovery folder. do i have to do this or not? and by the way my psp has official fw 3.5. if i don't have to put the 3.71 eboot in hte folder, then that means i can directly updtae to 4.01 m33-2, right? and i'm going to get lumines and downgarde to 1.5 first.

ffactoryxx

So I am a little bit confused with installation instructions

I want to pujt on 4.01 M-33.

The directions say

Now copy the official Sony 3.71 and/or 4.01 Update EBOOT, renamed
as 371.PBP (401.PBP), into the RECOVERY folder as well, or into the
memsticks root folder.

I am guessing the program will then customize the firmware on the back end ?

46rossifumi46

<p>hello hell cat... im just a newbie in psp... just want to know on how to unbrick my psp which is 4.01 fresh from japan... tnx</p>

Hellcat

Contributor
Full brick? Original FW? Then there's no go for this app.

Semi brick? => It's all in the readme, it's not really rocketsience ;)

jed101500

<p>gudpm sir hellcats, will this flasher work on 3.80 m33-4 or 5?
you mentiones you tried it at 3.90 m33 im just wondering if it will also work on my 3.80 m33-? thanks 4 developing this program</p>

J

jx233

Hellcat, this don't work on 1.50 at all. It says something kinda like this: "Make sure kernel is set to 3.xx if running on 3.52 or lower. Exiting."

i tried the kxploited version and that didn't work too.

but the flash backup/restore is very very good. :w00t:

nelangel

<p>Hi Hellcat,
After trying the UPMS installer V4, my PSP slim got semi-bricked. I was able to access M33 Recovery Menu. I tried your latest release of Recovery Flasher V1.32 knowing that this program does not require a Pandora Battery to unbrick the set. I tried the recommmended way in the readme file, it does not boot to the program when I selected 'Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP' in the recovery menu, instead the screen just went blank, the power light on for about 10 seconds before the WIFI light blinks once and the set is off. I started to use different ways to get the program started using various ways but the result was the same. I am currently running on 4.01m33-2 CFW with 1.50 addon. I only have 4.xx kernel and 1.50 kernel. Please advise on how to revive my PSP using your program since I dont have a Pandora battery.</p>
<p>Thanks in advance.</p>

adephils

<p>i have my psp upgraded to a 3.40 from 3.03 and now my iso do not load so i am trying to upgrade to a 3.71 and for some reason i have the software on my pssp,but it does not seem to be upgrading,at least i think i have it because it shows on the game stick menu of my psp.please someone help,because i still can't play the iso,they just keep loading but never seem to start</p>

Hellcat

Contributor
@nelangel:
You say your SLIM bricked, but then you say you're running the 1.50 addon? I is confuzzed....

@adephils:
First off, WHAT does not work? You getting any errors when trying to update to 3.71? Are you trying to update the FW AT ALL?

And finally: If the ISO doesn't work - BUY the damn game, no support from me there!