• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] Recovery Flasher

musicboy

<p>er i dun understand what u are talking and i dunno ? i just can't go into recovery mode as i turn on my psp while holding R and when i press select nth came out too
pls help i really want my games to come back.....</p>

Hellcat

Contributor
Go to "Settings" => "System Settings" => "System Information"

If there is no "-M33" behind the "5.00", then.... well.... you're screwed.
In that case only a Pandora can help you, sorry....

mopargk

As always great piece of work. Handy, very handy.....fun to play with too.
Updated the whole crew (2 phats and 3 slims ) without any need for a pandora.
I ARE IMPRESSED!
HATS OFF TO YA HELLCAT And Thanks for all the your hard work.

rnc_ebm

H E L L C A T s - R e c o v e r y - F l a s h e r
=======================================================
* recover semi-bricks * up-/downgrade your CFW *
* flash *ANY* CFW directely to 3.71-/4.01-/5.00-M33 *
* backup/restore firmware flash (not NAND dump) *
all without Pandora
=======================================================

[ D*O*W*N*L*O*A*D ]

So long! :)
---==> HELLCAT <==---

best RECOVERY FLASHER VERSION.................

i'll USE THIS 'TILL NEW DC RELEASED.........

br

RNC_EBM

bakemono1526

PSP Addict!
Hellcat just want some question..
tHis flasher does not affect flash1?
am i right? just to be sure..hehe..

RPK

Okay well this seems cool, sorry for this noob question. Well, I have a Fat PSP thats at 3.03 OE-B and it says the current kernel is 3.03. Well, I'm wondering does this help both of those things get to the newest one whichever one thats better atleast.

Hellcat

Contributor
Hellcat just want some question..
tHis flasher does not affect flash1?
am i right? just to be sure..hehe..
Depends.
If you choose to format the settings upon install, it does affect flash1.
If you choose NOT to format the settings, then it does not, unless a somewhat critical error could result out of it.

Okay well this seems cool, sorry for this noob question. Well, I have a Fat PSP thats at 3.03 OE-B and it says the current kernel is 3.03. Well, I'm wondering does this help both of those things get to the newest one whichever one thats better atleast.
If you have any SE/OE/M33 called CFW on your PSP, just make sure the kernel for /PSP/GAME is set to the high one (2.xx/3.xx/4.xx or 5.xx) and run the app from the XMP.

You will then be able to flash directly to the desired CFW (3.71/4.01/5.00) :)

pspnoob1

<p>Hi I'm new at screwing around with my psp and want to add custom firmware to my psp, but have the official 4.01 one installed.</p>
<p>Whenever I try to update/run programs like this or custom m33 updates it keeps saying 'The game could not be started. (80020148)' Please help</p>
<p>Thank you</p>

J

jx233

pspnoob1 said:
<p>Hi I'm new at screwing around with my psp and want to add custom firmware to my psp, but have the official 4.01 one installed.</p>
<p>Whenever I try to update/run programs like this or custom m33 updates it keeps saying 'The game could not be started. (80020148)' Please help</p>
<p>Thank you</p>

You need a Pandora Battery and a MagicStick to get custom firmware on your PSP Slim.

It is impossible right now go from official to custom firmware without a Pandora Battery.

If your PSP cannot be modded with a Pandora Battery, then you have a TA-088 V3 or the "unhackable psp".

If you don't have a Pandora Battery, or if you don't have friend/cousin/sibling who has one, you have no luck. :sad:

VEGAN0011

hi Hellcat where do you put the files from the pandora folder as just bricked psp on 4.01m33-2 got it back to 3.71m33-2 with recovery flasherv1.32 it wont update to 5.00m33 its a japan import psp

bakemono1526

PSP Addict!
Thanks a lot Hellcat! This is very useful to me.
Hoping for more development from yours..
Great App!

musicboy

<p>hey hellcat pls reply asap , how do i make my original firmware 5.00 to custom firmware 5.00? or anyother ppl please help</p>

Hellcat

Contributor
hi Hellcat where do you put the files from the pandora folder as just bricked psp on 4.01m33-2 got it back to 3.71m33-2 with recovery flasherv1.32 it wont update to 5.00m33 its a japan import psp
What error are you getting?

You can just grab Rec.Flasher 1.40 and flash directely to 5.00-M33 with that.

All other q's seem solved :D

P.S.: In case someone wants to ask: yes, the recent M33 Update will be put in, but since 5.00-3 doesn't seem to be too far away, I might wait for that one.
That gives me also some time to tweak the one or the other thing :)

Hellcat

Contributor
HOPE YOU UPDATE
Will do :)

Right now it's time for updating my dreams using a big dosage of sleep :D :p
But I got the 5.00-M33-3 update downloaded already and ready to hit my PSP.

Will do so tonight and see what I get, with a bit of luck I'll have it ready by tomorrow :)

rnc_ebm

Will do :)

Right now it's time for updating my dreams using a big dosage of sleep :D :p
But I got the 5.00-M33-3 update downloaded already and ready to hit my PSP.

Will do so tonight and see what I get, with a bit of luck I'll have it ready by tomorrow :)

Thanks for the INFO.

br

RNC_EBM