• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Team Fortress 2: The Sniper

Andy

Champion of the Sun
OK, I'm going over-analyst now:
[qimg]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/5451/meetingthespy.png[/qimg]

Some weird signs there, I highlighted them:
IS A ROBOT\IS A MAN\IS A WOMAN: Pyro?
TEAM UPDATE: Hmm, are we looking at separate updates for RED and BLU? I hope not :(
NEEDS A RIDE\STOLE CAR: Vehicles?
HAS EVIL TWIN\FOUND DRACULA\LOST DRACULA: Jokes, I think.
LEAKED VIDEO\IS FIRED: rofl
NEW MISSION: Huh? Are we looking at a multi-objective mode soon?
ELECTROCUTED: Razorback, I think.
JARATE: Jarate?!?!?!?

Also, RED SPY is on the board twice. There's a few other weird signs that I haven't highlighted like DEPRESSED, but you get the picture

EDIT: Doubleposts don't merge anymore?

I think you are looking way too much into this, it is probably nothing.

Joey

JARATE: Jarate?!?!?!?

peejar.jpg

Colm

[qimg]http://www.teamfortress.com/images/posts/peejar.jpg[/qimg]

I want unlockable Jarate :D It's doubtful though, it was announced on April 1st...
Chathurga said:
They're all jokes I'd say, Valve always puts stuff in to make people over analyse.
True, but useful stuff has been revealed through screenshots and video before.
eg. Flare Gun in Meet The Sniper, Payload Race in Scout update

I think you are looking way too much into this, it is probably nothing.

Who cares? And it's fun! :laugh: I'll take a look at the achievements later today, there's got to be an unlock-specific achievement somewhere...

xploren

Contributor

Joey

Actually, I think the Razorback replaces the Kukri, after seeing the Jarate Chop achievement. Jarate sounds like a team weapon, healing fire and weakening the opposition. Wonder how long it's range is though...

Probably pretty far. It sounds like the jar acts like a grenade, and explodes in on impact.

Hardrive

Contributor
Ah, good point. And the spy is getting two different kinds of watches. So I guess that's three new items for both classes.

Damn, the new inlock system's kept me from enjoying this update so far. After about 4 hours, still no unlock, when others are getting it all around. I wonder how it works, because I really want to try these out. Anyone got anything yet?

Hardrive

Contributor
Damn, the new inlock system's kept me from enjoying this update so far. After about 4 hours, still no unlock, when others are getting it all around. I wonder how it works, because I really want to try these out. Anyone got anything yet?

I was getting constant BSOD's when I started my computer last night. I had extra hard drives lying around, so I threw them into my computer in RAID 0 and reinstalled Windows. The BSOD's are gone, but I haven't had time to reinstall Steam :(

So, you're farther than I am.

I unlocked the Sandman, yay. :|
I unlocked Ubersaw, Blutsauger & Sandman. That was about 3 hours ago... D:

I think VALVe messed up somewhere, seriously. What's the point of unlocking something you already have?

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
This new unlock system is horrible. There is no skill involved, and people just sit in the spawn point. At least with achievements they did stuff.

They should go back to achievements (I actually learned new tricks for those classes that way), or everyone should get all the weapons at the start without grinding.

Without milestones I have no reason to get achievements anymore which makes that system useless.

What annoys me the most is the fact that you dont know how far you've progressed. At least with milestones I knew I had x achievements left untill y, but becase its random you could go ten hours and still nothing. I'm nt even getting duplicates anymore...

EvilSeph

Administrator
I unlocked Ubersaw, Blutsauger & Sandman. That was about 3 hours ago... D:

I think VALVe messed up somewhere, seriously. What's the point of unlocking something you already have?

They'll be enabling trading of items in the near future...which is why they're allowing duplicates.