• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

The How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb party room HD remix 2 turbo

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Titanfall is pretty awesome. Thank god.

Yeah it's honestly a breath of fresh air. The only complaint I have about the game is the ADS - while aimed down the sight I haven't found a good sight yet that will allow me to track enemies effectively. Since this is a very fast-paced game you have to be able to track and follow your targets but with "busy" sights and a low field of vision through those sights it's really hard to do so.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I pulled the trigger on a 4K monitor today - Dell UP3214Q. Plan on selling my 3008WFP and got it for a decent price, way under MSRP. Not sure if I'll keep it yet though have heard conflicting reports on how well MST works as running the monitor 4K@60Hz is driver dependent. Either way really excited to try it out, should get here Wednesday.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I got the monitor today, day early

pjC.png

It's gorgeous, my cellphone pic hardly does it justice. Anyway... I haven't tried a game yet, but getting it to run at 60Hz was painless, just had to set DP 1.2 to enable and then reboot. Very happy so far.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Holy hell that resolution....

Yeah, feels bigger than the jump from 1080p to 2560x1600. Takes some getting used to! 32" is a good size for 4K though - I haven't felt the need to increase the DPI settings in Windows, only had to bump up the zoom level in Chrome for websites that use really small fonts.

Gaming at 4K is awesome, AA is almost not even needed. Was playing some Lords of Shadow 2 and performance was good in that, I'm expecting some of the more demanding games like Crysis 3 to struggle even with 780 SLI though haha.

Edit... Original Crysis at 4K (get around 30 FPS)

crysis-2014-03-11-22-20-09-56.png

Last edited:

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I've played dark souls 2 for about an hour total and still can't beat that first cyclops in the first area. I'm down to half a life bar and 2 health refills.

I don't even know what he drops.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I've played dark souls 2 for about an hour total and still can't beat that first cyclops in the first area. I'm down to half a life bar and 2 health refills.

I don't even know what he drops.

What are your opinions though on the game? I'll probably pick it up when it comes out on the PC - never actually played the first one however (just never had the time or interest)

LocutusEstBorg

What are your opinions though on the game? I'll probably pick it up when it comes out on the PC - never actually played the first one however (just never had the time or interest)
Then it's probably unlikely that you'll like this one. I hope they don't fuck it up with 1024x768 and 30fps on PC again.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
It's too early for me to make a judgement call. I finally beat that dude and he dropped a Stone Ring, which says it does something to enemy poise. Which I assume means I will break through their shield blocks a little sooner.

I got into the next area, which is some kind of tutorial section where you can light some sconces with a torch. I didn't realize the torch was timed and ran out of the only one I had, so I don't know what lighting all of them does.

There's also two more cyclops around that you can engage with.

If you go straight through you wind up in what I quests if the real first area of the game, but I haven't lot a fire there yet.

To be honest, is rather play Titanfall. That game is awesome.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Then it's probably unlikely that you'll like this one. I hope they don't fuck it up with 1024x768 and 30fps on PC again.

They had it running 60fps@1080p at E3. Also no GFWL this time around, which I am very happy about.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I ended up returning the UP3214q, turns out the firmware these units (UP2414Q included) are shipping with are bugged. The monitor will lose connection with the video card randomly on sleep, and sometimes boot up with half the screen blank. It was originally thought this was a driver issue but turns out it is a problem with the monitor firmware itself.

A rep on the Dell forums says they will not be releasing a user installable firmware either, you'll have to exchange your monitor with a refurb from Dell to get one with the fixed firmware.

Needless to say, I'm not going to exchange my brand new monitor that has no other defects for a refurb, so it went back. I guess I'll hold off going 4K until the second wave of displays come.

LocutusEstBorg

Can't risk buying the 24" model since it works the same way with DisplayPort MST. There is no return policy in India even for broken goods. Once you've parted with your money here, you'll never see it again.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I ended up returning the UP3214q, turns out the firmware these units (UP2414Q included) are shipping with are bugged. The monitor will lose connection with the video card randomly on sleep, and sometimes boot up with half the screen blank. It was originally thought this was a driver issue but turns out it is a problem with the monitor firmware itself.

A rep on the Dell forums says they will not be releasing a user installable firmware either, you'll have to exchange your monitor with a refurb from Dell to get one with the fixed firmware.

Needless to say, I'm not going to exchange my brand new monitor that has no other defects for a refurb, so it went back. I guess I'll hold off going 4K until the second wave of displays come.

Unfortunate indeed, especially coming from Dell which I wouldn't have expected this issue from. Still ridiculous that they would replace your new monitor with a refurb, especially at that price point. Although I personally will only buy Dell refurbs from now on since having bought 2 (aside from my U2410) and they're still running strong (huge cost savings too through dfs direct)

Seth

MD Party Room
Anyone planning on being at Pax east next month, love to get a few drinks with mfm members