• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoneon

The Server Asshole
NO PSX!!
THIS IS MADNESSS

Btw great work on the hen

well hope some 133t hax0r can fix thus

good job on the hen davee we couldn't hav done it with
out the following hax0rz

DAVEE
FREEPLAY
MANTAIZ
N00B81
AND OTHERS

ALSO A BIG THANX TO

DARK_ALEX

lifeonmars77

well i have been at chinese forums to say that"stop fuck yelling around that iso cant be played", well most people heard what i said, but some people, you know "game retarded" that only cares theirself, i did my best

horray for davee!(i wish i had an little brother like u)

Million

What's this i'm hearing about Davee creating the HEN in such away that it will be extremley difficult to make an iso loader ?

Alien

I guess ppl are more excited today becuz its so close to Tuesday:laugh:.

GO DAVEE:w00t:.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
What's this i'm hearing about Davee creating the HEN in such away that it will be extremley difficult to make an iso loader ?
Out of frustration, Davee did mention something to that effect. Whether he's simply venting or not I suppose it's his prerogative to have his release perform the way he envisions.

Million

Out of frustration, Davee did mention something to that effect. Whether he's simply venting or not I suppose it's his prerogative to have his release perform the way he envisions.

Breaking the PSP's security is a great thing but to then impose some security restrictions afterwards seems somewhat contradictory and not in the spirit of homebrew.

If Davee releases this kernel exploit it's innevitable that ISO loaders will get released at some point , if he really doesn't want piracy on the PSP he shouldn't release the exploit at all ( I can't believe I said that lol) . It won't be his responsibility if people choose to pirate the PSP , as a homebrew developer I think it's Davee's obligation of sorts to give people that choice.

But then it's his discovery so he is pretty much entitled to do wih it as he please , he's not really obliged to do anything.

Million

Davee has no obligation to do anything. You don't like, don't use it. Simple as that.

Thank you for taking the quote out of context and giving it a different meaning from what I intended.

The obligation isn't strict in the sense that one should do it and be blammed and condemed if he fails to do it but obligation in the sense that he ought to , that it seems right he should.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Thank you for taking the quote out of context and giving it a different meaning from what I intended.

The obligation isn't strict in the sense that one should do it and be blammed and condemed if he fails to do it but obligation in the sense that he ought to , that it seems right he should.

No matter which way you put it he has no obligation to do so. There have been many people in the scene, including myself, who have been waiting for something similar to this HEN which makes it difficult to make an iso loader. There's some homebrew out there (Squarez comes to mind) that provides you with hours upon hours of gameplay (I logged in over 25hrs on the game).

Temet

Oh, I know some won't like the question but is it possible to enable PS1 iso loading and not PSP ones?
I fully support the "non PSP iso loading" but I admit I would be happy to play WOXL/2097 and FF7 (not available on european PSN :'( ). Companies do not make money anymore on PS1 games, and I have the CDs...

Anyway, thanks to all who dedicate time to use the PSP has it should be. I'm very interested in SSH client for the PSP ;)

... and dreaming of a SIP softphone on the PSP :w00t:

anon2146

Im just going to say this once even though I know it might cause some people to flip and start flaming me probably even some of the moderators, but Ive had it in my mind since the first time Davee talked about the HEN so here it goes: You guys are really putting a lot of faith in this guy. Im not saying this to question his skills or ability, but merely questioning the amount of trust a lot of people have seem to put into this person. I have read countless posts that sound borderline fanatical about him allegedly working on something. It really seems like a lot of people are setting themselves up for a potential let down.

Personally Davee I think your kind of inadvertently fanning the flames of fanaticism too. Probably was a bad call to give it a release date cause, lets face it, Im not a dev and even I know its bad to give a solid release date.

I strongly recommend that people sort of remove themselves from the drama thats been going on here and the DAX forums as well and try to be objective as this unfolds. If someone wishes to come in and question Davee's abilities its probably okay given how his track record could really leave some people scratching their heads as to how he has started creating what could be a game changing project. Dont assume just because someone says "Who is Davee and is he really capable of pulling this off?" that they have negative intentions or a desire to discredit Davee.

Anyway, Ive spoken my peace. Feel free to flame this if that is what you wish, just know I wont be responding but I will be reading it as I go through each post on this and a couple other threads :D

january39

eXo Staff
Oh, I know some won't like the question but is it possible to enable PS1 iso loading and not PSP ones?
I fully support the "non PSP iso loading"

I have to point out that not all who use ISO's from Back ups do piracy also, i buy every game i have and use the ISO because it's quicker, easier and more effeicent method of using the game besides, why would i not if the psp can?

I do not think the HEN will be able to use any form of ISO in its potential current state.

MaxMouseDLL

Breaking the PSP's security is a great thing but to then impose some security restrictions afterwards seems somewhat contradictory and not in the spirit of homebrew.

I second that...

With all due respect, you're going to break one form of security, only to implement another of your own... It's one thing not including features (and I'm with you on that issue), it's quite another to actively block/disable others from implementing them... It isn't in the spirit of homebrew.

Either way, i understand your anger, probably time to just ignore posts of that nature... rather than respond...

He may have been simply venting (his post was rather an angry one), if someone had called something i was working on "Useless" i probably would have reacted in a similar way.

If Davee does decide to build in security to stop certain things being done (I don't care if it's loading ISO's or whatever) then I'll certainly not be using it for anything. (Not that anything i do makes a difference lol, but there's my 2cents)

Bubbletune

Im just going to say this once even though I know it might cause some people to flip and start flaming me probably even some of the moderators, but Ive had it in my mind since the first time Davee talked about the HEN so here it goes: You guys are really putting a lot of faith in this guy. Im not saying this to question his skills or ability, but merely questioning the amount of trust a lot of people have seem to put into this person. I have read countless posts that sound borderline fanatical about him allegedly working on something. It really seems like a lot of people are setting themselves up for a potential let down.

Personally Davee I think your kind of inadvertently fanning the flames of fanaticism too. Probably was a bad call to give it a release date cause, lets face it, Im not a dev and even I know its bad to give a solid release date.

I strongly recommend that people sort of remove themselves from the drama thats been going on here and the DAX forums as well and try to be objective as this unfolds. If someone wishes to come in and question Davee's abilities its probably okay given how his track record could really leave some people scratching their heads as to how he has started creating what could be a game changing project. Dont assume just because someone says "Who is Davee and is he really capable of pulling this off?" that they have negative intentions or a desire to discredit Davee.

Anyway, Ive spoken my peace. Feel free to flame this if that is what you wish, just know I wont be responding but I will be reading it as I go through each post on this and a couple other threads :D

I agree with you. I think people must realise the difference between attacking a person (with words) and merely being skeptical of something. Being skeptical is good, it keeps hoaxes out of the way. Also, giving a release date isn't the best idea out there, but giving none at all will increase the change of it being stamped as "fake" for no reason. Surely there's a chance that it will be released past the release date, but at least it gives an average impression of how long it will take.

Also, in my opinion Davee's harsh behaviour against pirates is justified, we've all seen that simply telling people it won't be supported doesn't do the trick, so he had to do it like this. I know for fact that this HEN has been developed from the start merely to run homebrew, and I even advised Davee numerous times to not let an ISO-loader get in. Yet, no matter how clear he states he doesn't want one, people keep asking for it. And in my opinion, even if Davee hadn't said he was against piracy, people still shouldn't have asked for an ISO loader before it's even released, as if it isn't enough he's giving us already.

Adding checks against ISO loaders isn't that much of a bad idea, it'd be nice to have Sony change it's view on the homebrew scene, as right now a custom firmware comes conjoined with a large sum of ISO-related features, it's just hard to look away from them. Sure, it'd restrict the freedom, but besides, if someone can't even disable a few simple checks in the HEN code, then they shouldn't be writing an ISO loader, as they probably just stole the code off older sources in that case.

I've spoken to Davee a lot in the past days and I can assure you he is making progress, and he really knows what he's doing. I've also had my chances to help him out a bit. :)

MaxMouseDLL

@Bubbletune: that's all fair enough... and as I've said you/Davee/whoever else is working on this project, can do whatever you like (Obviously), and i agree with everything that has been said regarding piracy, I'm just still not convinced about actively disabling something...

Even so, I run M33 firmware on my TA-085v1 so none of this will affect me...

Status
Not open for further replies.