• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonHunt

Talking of Hens, does anybody know what Matiaz is actually up to with his "awesomeness"? Or did you all beat him to it by finding a way to get the tiff exploit to work on a PSP 3000?

Edit: am not posting this on the other post since its just trash talk now.

Draco

Never say never...
GMT mate xD

Hey Davee,
Good luck for your exams. Remember that your lessons and exams are important than HEN :)

We will wait...
Thanks again.

Fox the Sly

Soul Controller
Q3 - What's the difference between M33 Firmware and this HEN?
A3 - As far as known, M33 modules are missing from this HEN so don't expect plugins and nothing of the sort. Just the ability to run unsigned EBOOTs

Just out of curiousity, would converting a PSOne ISO to EBOOT work? Or is it more or less the same thing in this case?

I just want to say thank you to Davee and everyone else involved. A lot of people have become greedy and ungrateful for the time and effort others put into making things like this possible. I, for one, truly appreciate it. :D

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Just out of curiousity, would converting a PSOne ISO to EBOOT work? Or is it more or less the same thing in this case?

I just want to say thank you to Davee and everyone else involved. A lot of people have become greedy and ungrateful for the time and effort others put into making things like this possible. I, for one, truly appreciate it. :D

Nope... Not a chance... Sorry... Unsigned EBOOT's do not stand for Unsigned PSX EBOOTs...

Q5 - Will I be able to play ISOs (PSP and PSX) with HEN?
A5 - Answer is: NO. Davee does not condone or admit piracy and being truthful to his beliefs will make no kind of support to an ISO Loader. As far as the PSX emulator is concerned, see Q3. POPS is a M33 Firmware feature.

G0l3m

To everyone begging their asses off for ISO support you can easily forget it. Even if I was to add it, about 50% of M33 is for ISO support and frankly I cannot be assed reversing that just to feed the pirates and the minority who actually use it for personal backups. I also believe you people are being incredibly ungrateful about there being no ISO support. For one, I have a homebrew enabled PSP 1000, I have no 2000 or a 3000. I should be technically studying for my exams but I still take the time to create this HEN for you folks. I think you need to take your time and realise what you're saying.

And all i want to say, is THANK YOU for all your spended time on creating this great thing.
Just get your PayPal ready for some donations. Hopefully you get enough donations to buy a 2000 and 3000

EDIT: And the most important thing i almost forgot, GOOD LUCK

your awsome davee

thank you davee for all you have done for the psp 3000,2000 users and people who cant find a pandora batt i hope you do great on your exams :)

ry64

I'm a winner.
I can't wait until Tuesday! Thank you Davee for taking time away from studying for your exams to make us an HEN - I really appreciate it. And I also think that it is his choice to let us plays ISOs or not.

Sorry for going a little off-topic, but I would like to inform that Hellcat's Recovery Flasher probably won't work on the 5.03 HEN. The kernel NIDs have changed and I think Recovery Flasher relies on some M33 modules so the PSP-1000 and [non TA-088 V3] PSP-2000 users can't get to custom firmware through that application.

So if anyone was looking for a way of getting custom firmware thorugh their 5.03 HEN using the easy method of Reocvery Flasher, they are out of luck until Hellcat ports the Recovery Flasher to HEN 5.03 kernel.

Znupi

Quick question: this exploit will leave us locked in 5.03, right? Evidently, Sony will quickly release some new version that patches this exploit, cuts our access to PS Store (until we upgrade) and probably adds some cool new features. What will happen then? :)

Alien

Ok I just want to clear this question up and I apologize if this offends u Davee in anyway.But I am reading that this HEN is scheduled for release before Tuesday(So I assume Monday :D)but others say on Tuesday so I am a lil confused.

Second Question:This HEN is stripped down so we will only be able to run unsigned eboots pretty much right??

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Quick question: this exploit will leave us locked in 5.03, right? Evidently, Sony will quickly release some new version that patches this exploit, cuts our access to PS Store (until we upgrade) and probably adds some cool new features. What will happen then? :)

Hey good question! I hadn't thought of that... Davee could you please answer?

Sorry for going a little off-topic, but I would like to inform that Hellcat's Recovery Flasher probably won't work on the 5.03 HEN. The kernel NIDs have changed and I think Recovery Flasher relies on some M33 modules so the PSP-1000 and [non TA-088 V3] PSP-2000 users can't get to custom firmware through that application.

So if anyone was looking for a way of getting custom firmware thorugh their 5.03 HEN using the easy method of Reocvery Flasher, they are out of luck until Hellcat ports the Recovery Flasher to HEN 5.03 kernel.

what about hellcats pandora for 3.xx kernals :eek:

Alien

So above all this HEN will be one of the safest and cheapest ways to install CFW(1000,2000 psp's).No more Pandora battery or Magic Memory Stick's??

thedicemaster

So above all this HEN will be one of the safest and cheapest ways to install CFW(1000,2000 psp's).No more Pandora battery or Magic Memory Stick's??

safest is always pandora.
if a pandora fails you try again.
if a hen with flasher fails you're ***ed if you don't have a working pandora.

metalhed89 said:
what about hellcats pandora for 3.xx kernals :eek:
I think it does only use sce modules (s0nY modules), so it *should work. If it has M33 callbacks in the code, then there is no hope.

We have to wait to see what Hellcat has to say about this matter.

tonedeaf

Hello Guys,
Its 4:00AM (IST) Monday here, the wait is killing me :)

Bought a PSP 3004 Slim & Lite from Kuala Lumpur a month back. Discovered that it was unhackable (should've done my research).
It came with firmware 5.01 and the TIFF exploit works every time!!

I guess I can reassure myself with the Hello World screen for another 24 hrs :)

Gilger

Ok I just want to clear this question up and I apologize if this offends u Davee in anyway.But I am reading that this HEN is scheduled for release before Tuesday(So I assume Monday :D)but others say on Tuesday so I am a lil confused.

Second Question:This HEN is stripped down so we will only be able to run unsigned eboots pretty much right??

Does one day really matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.