• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien

It will not be released without PSP-3000 support. It's either nothing or everything, not partially.

I had a feeling that would be the case :sleep:...

Well if you dont mind me asking,what exactly is going on with PSP 3000??
Debugging issues?

Rabus

Bubbletune, so why did Davee released Hello World for 1k and 2k, and no release for 3k ?

Slasher

Suck It
Bubbletune, so why did Davee released Hello World for 1k and 2k, and no release for 3k ?

Davee never released that Hello World. Get your facts straight ;)
MaTiAz released it, not Davee.

Besides, it was unknown at the time that the slim.tiff file also worked on the psp-3000. They didn't think it would work, but it did.

Straight from the FAQ:
FAQ][fieldset="Credits. said:
Credits. Who made this possible?
I don't know who specifically did what exactly, but here is a list of names that deserve credit: MaTiAz, malloxis, FreePlay, Archaemic, wololo, Cloudy, and Davee.
[HIGHLIGHT]MaTiAz is the one who released the .tiff exploit, whereas Davee is the one who came up with a kernel exploit and is working on making the HEN.[/HIGHLIGHT] Bubbletune has also been assisting in the creation of the HEN as well as a few others who have helped with testing it[/fieldset]

I had a feeling that would be the case :sleep:...

Well if you dont mind me asking,what exactly is going on with PSP 3000??
Debugging issues?
Consult the FAQ. It's quite clear that they are facing debugging issues right now since testing on the PSP-3000 is very limited. Beyond that, who cares about the issues they are facing? Let's just hope they get it all fixed and ready to go. Giving an in depth explanation of their problems to the general public solves nothing.
It's beginning to look like you are posting just for the sake of posting. Alot of what you say has already been clearly answered or it is nonsense.

p2s2p

here ist a post from dax forum:
Anyways, as some of you already know, p2s2p and others the other day found a way to run the slim version of the TIFF exploit on a 3000. SO YES... the PoC currently works on PSP 3000s and 2000s/ta88v3s. Most people have found certain tricks to run the exploit, most users have been successful using the "photo trick" explained later in this thread, and also on pspslimhacks. Currently you need firmwares 5.00+ to run this.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am

MaTiAz released them for the 1 and 2k and was working on a 3k version. However, it was later discovered that the 2k version worked on the psp 3000

Temet

By the way, can someone explain me why the need of 2 different tiff : phat and not phat ?
Why the same tiff doesn't work for all?
Is it because of the 32 MB / 64 MB story ?

Alien

I believe it is because the PHAT and the SLIM have different MOBOS and IPL's As well as Memory sizes.
Correct if I am wrong somebody ;).

pcstalljr

teen! hide your daughters
By the way, can someone explain me why the need of 2 different tiff : phat and not phat ?
Why the same tiff doesn't work for all?
Is it because of the 32 MB / 64 MB story ?

from what i can tell. its a buffer overflow exploit. it gives it more code then it can handle. and "overflows" the memory, and the code that was still being processed gets executed. and i beleave that the PHAT and SLIM have different memory sizes.

if i missed anything tell me :)

-----added-----

I believe it is because the PHAT and the SLIM have different MOBOS and IPL's.

Correct if I am wrong somebody ;).

im not sure that has anything to do with it. since the exploit runs after boot. and does not need to reboot. the .tiff is of course an image. and the image fills the memory. and from what i see in the HEX of it. it slams out extra alpha channels and to fill the memory.then after the buffer is filled. it then loads '/h.bin" witch is just the hello world app. the tiff image itself is the exploit.

but thats just what i can see happening. if im wrong tell me :)

-----also-----

colin776775 said:
nope i don't care when he releases but he'll always be a fruity fagg.

would someone mind banning the flamer?

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
make sure you dont have a custom theme on i had the same problem with 5.02 it only worked once untell i set my theme to default and then changed color to last of the 3 greens in a row then every time no matter how i try it automaticly worked (im for real) exept when i had umd in psp

It worked after i tried a couple more times! :D And presto! Exploit works!

irekski

just irekski
i just dont know why the same people are asking the same question every time where the mods them selves gave us FAQs or details.. damn how many times are this people born -_- maybe we should paste the link every page of this thread XD...:sneaky2:

pcstalljr

Imma bein dumb and have stayed away from this for a few days. >.< And, is it still in process? Or already released?

in process

lawrence27

i just dont know why the same people are asking the same question every time where the mods them selves gave us FAQs or details.. damn how many times are this people born -_- maybe we should paste the link every page of this thread XD...:sneaky2:

They should lock this thread already, I think most of the questions are already answered and they should unlock this thread when the HEN is released, so that we can discuss again the compatibility issues and bug/deffects of the HEN. Maybe unlock this next month or next year, who knows. Davee got all the fame already.

pcstalljr

Ok. Just wanted to be sure. Dont want to miss out!

haha i think your only missing out on some random comments that end up getting deleated

Slasher

Suck It
For the record, this thread will not be locked. This has been decided upon.

And no, obviously this HEN is not fake. There are reputable people working on this which should be proof enough for any doubters. It'll come, just be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.