• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcstalljr

teen! hide your daughters
No, It's a good idea to tell what is in the works so people don't go updating their PSPs past 5.03.

personally. but IMHO. if i ever find any exploit. i guarantee you, i wouldn't be telling anyone right off the bat. i would keep it under wraps. until its done. because who knows. maybe it would work on many firmwares. but doing that would provide a stress free environment to work in, as well as unlimited time. now im not criticizing Davee, but simply stating that no release date is ever final. there are always problems. and its perfectly understandable. :) every one slips alittle some times. even the best of us (Davee :))

WildArmsV

Thanks for sharing info about progress. I think if someone from staff have some info then please update first post.

If Davee want work in silence why he post info about working on HEN ? Now we have situation that Davee post information about HEN but he want work in silence and all member must "shut up" and don't ask question.

Uhh... well if he didnt said anything everyone would had updater their psp and we would be unable to use the hen. Is not work in silence, is just, why would he waste time posting something here when he could be advancing the progress of HEN?

pcstalljr

Oh just shut up does it really matter
dave told us all so it gave us all a bit of hope
this really isnt something that should be discussed over like 5 pages

ok, then who ever said we cant talk about it? if you dont like what is being said. dont read it

back on topic:
Uhh... well if he didnt said anything everyone would had updater their psp and we would be unable to use the hen. Is not work in silence, is just, why would he waste time posting something here when he could be advancing the progress of HEN?

thats a good point. because there is no downgrader what so ever(for the 3000). they would to wait for another HEN or hack or exploit. and that could take a while!

TRFyuki

MessageBoxA No License!
You guys asked for it, I got it.
Originally Posted by Convo
<Davee> We've got all the launcher working
<Davee> and the greater part of the modules work
<Davee> there is a bug in rebootex however, which is really hard to debug as there is no screen or IO
<Slasher> ah I see, so once this bug is fixed then, it should be all ready for release hopefully?
<Davee> probably not
<Davee> but it's close
<Slasher> cool
<Slasher> are you relatively confident that this bug will be fixed? how hard is it to pinpoint it?
<Davee> Strongly confident
<Davee> If all my testing fails, I will reverse 5.00 M33 rebootex
<Davee> pinpointing is hard, as I have no debugging utilities
<Davee> it's a matter of testing each patch individually.

THANK YOU!!!! Look, I think everyone here understands Davee's working hard on it.... but let this be a lesson to Davee and any developers on any homebrew console scene anywhere. I'm sure there will be people who will disagree with what I'm about to say, but whatever - the fact is that this thread is near hostile and this is why:

* * *You do not announce a release date to major software(especially software aimed at geeks/gamers), miss said date, then barely supply any updates to what's going on. You're going to anger people, REGARDLESS if those people are actually entilted to be angry.* * *

Furthermore, the more hype/anger that builds up, the higher the expectations are for the final product. At this point, DaveeHEN better cure cancer, solve the economic-crisis, end the war in Iraq and it needs to work on all future Sony & Nintendo handheld devices - whatever they may be!!!! That info from Davee above, even if 1-in-9999 can understand it, calms people down.

Again, I'm not sayin' everyone is gonna agree with me.... I'm not even sayin' I'm right... but I definitely watched the dominos falling to lead up to all this anger and I predicted it even before the Tuesday-date cuz there didn't appear to be much proof behind it to begin with. Way too much was left up to people's speculation & wild-imaginations and when the date was missed, very little was done to calm the public. This is the natural(justified or not) result.

Maybe the public is immature. Maybe Davee could have provided more periodic updates. I don't know if it's 50/50 or 60/40 or 99/1 ....but I know I can say this - To the coders behind the future M33CFW for the 3000 series that will eventually be released: Be sure to handle this differently.
- To the public: When a release date is announced for M33CFW(or whatever the CFW will be called) for 3000s... don't get your hopes up. Be ready for up to a month delay from whatever date given.

And remember, when all is said and done... we'll all be laughing and smiling playing our homebrew thanks to people like Davee, DAX and the whole gang.

pcstalljr

THANK YOU!!!! Look, I think everyone here understands Davee's working hard on it.... but let this be a lesson to Davee and any developers on any homebrew console scene anywhere. I'm sure there will be people who will disagree with what I'm about to say, but whatever - the fact is that this thread is near hostile and this is why:

* * *You do not announce a release date to major software(especially software aimed at geeks/gamers), miss said date, then barely supply any updates to what's going on. You're going to anger people, REGARDLESS if those people are actually entilted to be angry.* * *

Furthermore, the more hype/anger that builds up, the higher the expectations are for the final product. At this point, DaveeHEN better cure cancer, solve the economic-crisis, end the war in Iraq and it needs to work on all future Sony & Nintendo handheld devices - whatever they may be!!!! That info from Davee above, even if 1-in-9999 can understand it, calms people down.

Again, I'm not sayin' everyone is gonna agree with me.... I'm not even sayin' I'm right... but I definitely watched the dominos falling to lead up to all this anger and I predicted it even before the Tuesday-date cuz there didn't appear to be much proof behind it to begin with. Way too much was left up to people's speculation & wild-imaginations and when the date was missed, very little was done to calm the public. This is the natural(justified or not) result.

Maybe the public is immature. Maybe Davee could have provided more periodic updates. I don't know if it's 50/50 or 60/40 or 99/1 ....but I know I can say this - To the coders behind the future M33CFW for the 3000 series that will eventually be released: Be sure to handle this differently.
- To the public: When a release date is announced for M33CFW(or whatever the CFW will be called) for 3000s... don't get your hopes up.

well that may be true. but thats behind us. we just need to trust him. it would be nice if he submitted updates more often. but when you think about it, he has been updating every few days. we cant exactly expect him to update every few minutes.

rileysnotz

we cant exactly expect him to update every few minutes.

:eek: but that's exactly what the impatient idiots want :D

neways I think him keeping a low profile is a gr8 thing. thank goodness he didn't post updates often. can you imagine the range of questions that would be posted here FAQ or no FAQ?? :scared:

pcstalljr

:eek: but that's exactly what the impatient idiots want :D

neways I think him keeping a low profile is a gr8 thing. thank goodness he didn't post updates often. can you imagine the range of questions that would be posted here FAQ or no FAQ?? :scared:

if there was NO FAQ.....:scared: we already have people asking the questions that are on the FAQ because that dont want to read a few hundred pages haha. :p

off topic::cool::w00t::) IVE GOT THE THIRD HIGH SCORE ON Eskiv in the arcade :D!!

Strif3

Then why are you getting tired of seeing the same questions if he don't want to lock it? I think most of the questions are being asked already so there's no point of this thread to be not locked and I believe the questions that are repeatedly asked here are answered all in the "HEN FAQ" am i right? This thread should be locked until the hen is released so we can discuss the compatibility issues and bugs.

Guess what, I'm also tired seeing post like "This questions are being asked 100 times already, please read before you post", "When it will be available, it will be released", "Just be patient guys". This is being repetitive. Why don't the mods here do what mods of the dark-alex.org did. They already locked the thread because they are getting pissed of the same questions that are being posted in their hen thread.

I never once said i was tired of the posts made on this thread, and furthermore, if I was tired, i would just ignore the thread until later.

Snifi

- To the public: When a release date is announced for M33CFW(or whatever the CFW will be called) for 3000s... don't get your hopes up. Be ready for up to a month delay from whatever date given.

And remember, when all is said and done... we'll all be laughing and smiling playing our homebrew thanks to people like Davee, DAX and the whole gang.

m33/DAX usually don't set a release date, they publish the things

gg14

Hello,
im new here but im old in this scene.
And i would say when any one say a question the answer is read the FAQ but whan is the Releas date Davee can say in 1 day or in 1 month he can say a approximate date when the HEN is coming out.

We wait and wait.

you can do this do undercover and can say this on the releas and all People are very suprised.

Why you dont Released a BETA ?

I Wait but I hate to wait !

Good work Davee.

Alien

Sorry I only disagree with part of your long speech.

You can set release date for any major software or w.e it is.ONLY if you know you can meet the deadline.

mc-B3oWoLF

Translating...
AFAIK, TRFyuki, It's been told for several times already: The info about future release of HEN was given to public to prevent the updating PSPs to higher FW versions, that's it)

Yes, you may say, that there are people, who don't update their consoles to newest FWs (like me, for example), because they know, that the console isn't hacked yet, but they hope it finally WILL be..
And they don't update until they have the CONFIRMED information about working exploit/HEN/whatever hack..

But there are also lots of people, who buy the console and soetimes even first of all UPDATE the OFW, and after that find out, that they made a mistake :)

With Davee's (and the whole team's) help - many people know, that they shouldn't update, because HEN is to be released (no matter today or in a week).
IMO ;)
And by the way, Slasher, thanks a lot for the heads up!))

pcstalljr

Sorry I only disagree with part of your long speech.

You can set release date for any major software or w.e it is.ONLY if you know you can meet the deadline.

i agree with that. its just hard to meet it when its only 1 person (that i know of) working on it.

rileysnotz

Why you dont Released a BETA ?

Release a BETA? Cmon man. The only reason you really want a BETA release is in the hope that it's going to work fine and you won't have to wait any longer to get ur hands on it!

Of course if it doesn't work as planned "wtf buggy crap" and disappointment galore :laugh:

Peace :cool:

pcstalljr

Release a BETA? Cmon man. The only reason you really want a BETA release is in the hope that it's going to work fine and you won't have to wait any longer to get ur hands on it!

Of course if it doesn't work as planned "wtf buggy crap" and disappointment galore :laugh:

Peace :cool:

im still expecting that from the full release. theres going to be some n00bs that cant get it to work for the life of them...just as it did for the exploit it self :p

rileysnotz

im still expecting that from the full release. theres going to be some n00bs that cant get it to work for the life of them...just as it did for the exploit it self :p

yeah man! at least its better than releasing a BETA for the sake of it. :p

BTW I'm n00b and I still have trouble with the tiff sometimes :cry:

pcstalljr

yeah man! at least its better than releasing a BETA for the sake of it. :p

BTW I'm n00b and I still have trouble with the tiff sometimes :cry:

well i think of my self as a half n00b half scriptkiddie hybrid :p but :scared: i think the .TIFF exploit has a mind of its own. some times it works. and some times it doesn......:)bored:it always seems not to work when im showing it off to a friend or my fiancee lol:blushing:)

Alien

Ahhhh I agree but I admit if Davee did release a BETA HEN and it worked on PSP 3000 I would still be happy probably even more than happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.