• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

kryst abegnalie

if i remember, once youve bricked it, its hard to restore it to its natural state unless you send it over the sony customer service, lol

anyway away from OT, its a great news to my friends here, since they want also some emulators running in their psp3000

thanks Davee, waiting for the time to arrive this helpful HEN, :)

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
OMG i wont run this thing on my BAby would better wait for stable release

The exploit itself(The hello world, the one that's released) will not brick. It's the HEN and what not.

When he does release it(It being the flasher?), I'm sure it would be stable, as releasing buggy flashers(?) isn't something people want to do.

Slasher

Suck It
OMG i wont run this thing on my BAby would better wait for stable release

The only time it would risk bricking though would be when you flash the files initially I think, so the risk of bricking would only be the very first time. Once the files are flashed though, then you'll be fine.

Honestly though, the chances of this bricking your PSP are extremely slim. Like ridiculously low that you may as well not even worry about it. It's just like how it was back in the day before cfw & pandora existed. So long as you don't screw around with your flash0 in a destructive manner (which this program does not do), then you have nothing to worry about. Pretty much the only way PSP's bricked previous to pandora being released was user error, like for example changing gameboots and altering .prxs for custom themes.

nathu

The only time it would risk bricking though would be when you flash the files initially I think, so the risk of bricking would only be the very first time. Once the files are flashed though, then you'll be fine.

Honestly though, the chances of this bricking your PSP are extremely slim. Like ridiculously low that you may as well not even worry about it. It's just like how it was back in the day before cfw & pandora existed. So long as you don't screw around with your flash0 in a destructive manner (which this program does not do), then you have nothing to worry about. Pretty much the only way PSP's bricked previous to pandora being released was user error, like for example changing gameboots and altering .prxs for custom themes.

i would wait for Davee's word on this

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
i would wait for Davee's word on this

Well, I don't see any way that it could possibly brick given that it simply edits memory, and doesn't really open any files(In the flash). This means that the registry is untouched(?), and flash is untouched, hence the worst it would corrupt the memory stick.

Bubbletune

Yes, it won't flash any files. However, it's up to the user not to do retarded things with it, such as trying to flash a theme or a custom firmware.

This isn't true, he already said he'd be making it difficult for certain homebrew applications to be loaded on it, which covers more ground then just ISO loaders by doing so.

No it won't, you can simply add extra checks to anything done to the UMD modules, and it won't affect any other homebrew but those wanting to mount an ISO.

WalangAlam

will it be able to run snes9xTYL-0.4.2me_fw3x, daedalusx64_beta2_full and PSPGenesis-v0.11?

Temet

we needed to put some photos at the MS so it works, if put to many or to litlle the psp crash...

Wrong, I have only the tiff in my "picture" folder and it works all the times... since I have formatted my MS (before I tried dozens of times and it never worked).

I run a very recent PSP 3000 (shipped with fw 5.02). ;)

dtom2444

eagerly awaiting the release of HEN :D

shame no ISO loader, i guess i'll just have to imagine how much faster (and more natural) the commentary on FIFA 09 would've been running off mem stick instead of UMD...

PS: Can anyone tell me if there will be any problems logging into the PSN store if s0ny release a FW update???
What about being able to flash custom gameboots and coldboots? (had custom boots on old psp 1000, would LOVE to do the same with psp 3000)

at least without an iso loader the hen wont take as long to make and devolopers will make games for the psp in hopes of not getting them pirated

Chathurga

at least without an iso loader the hen wont take as long to make

Not true. In fact if Davee really has taken measures to block ISO loaders then it took longer to make because he went out of his way to block them.

and devolopers will make games for the psp in hopes of not getting them pirated

Developers don't care about this exploit, it's too far down the road. Maybe when the first few exploits came out they cared but the good majority of PSPs that will ever be hacked have been hacked already.

Fives

Not true. In fact if Davee really has taken measures to block ISO loaders then it took longer to make because he went out of his way to block them

he made another post saying he wont be restricting people on the HEN he just wont be adding an ISO loader himself.

Kuraudo

Not true. In fact if Davee really has taken measures to block ISO loaders then it took longer to make because he went out of his way to block them.

Note that Davee himself has said that he took no such measures, he was just ranting in anger at the immaturity of some of the users that posted.

Edit: Beat to it by fives. rats

Status
Not open for further replies.