• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Probably not, I'm pretty sure you have to return all items that came with the PSP (AC adapter and Battery).

Yup, you are correct. Just like consoles you have to have all the cords and at least one "functional controller", which pissed me off the one time I tried to trade in my N64, both controllers had semi-loose joysticks (still worked perfectly, mind you). But oh well, I'm kinda glad I didn't anyways.:p

Isparian

What to do with Slim (orig FW 3.60)

Heya ...

I just got a new Slim PSP with 3.60 and would like to upgrade it to Custom FW 3.71 (hate the noises game disks make) ... but I dont know much about the PSPs.

From what I understood from posts about installing 3.71 M33, the steps I should do would be:

1. Do ... < something ?? > ... to Downgrade/change my Orig FW 3.60 to 3.50 M33,
2. then upgrade it to 3.71 M33

I could do all that - nice guides btw ... but I understand I can not use the (slim) battery I have for the process and I don't know anyone from aound here with a PSP with CFW or even anyone with 'fat' PSP.

What options I've got?

P.S. I understand there is this upgraded Loader: eLoader v1.000 - Run 1.50 Kernel Homebrew On PSP Slim http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3540
But to run that one I'll need CFW anyhow :/

Crono254

suppose you make an old battery into a pandora's battery.
would i be able to change it back to its original state afterwards?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
suppose you make an old battery into a pandora's battery.
would i be able to change it back to its original state afterwards?

Yes you can but like the guide says make sure you backup the eeprom. You'll need a backup of the eeprom to restore it.

Crono254

last question before i buy the psp. thank you for all your help, i understand this much more now.
is there any guide that explains how to restore the pandora's battery into a regular one?
(a process that doesnt require anymore batteries than the pandora battery itself.)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
last question before i buy the psp. thank you for all your help, i understand this much more now.
is there any guide that explains how to restore the pandora's battery into a regular one?
(a process that doesnt require anymore batteries than the pandora battery itself.)

no, but it is very simple. After you have backed up the battery eeprom, boot up the OS Battery application again, and a restore option should pop up that says "Flash battery eeprom"

Select that to convert the battery back to normal.

chemist

Staff infection
Yup, you are correct. Just like consoles you have to have all the cords and at least one "functional controller", which pissed me off the one time I tried to trade in my N64, both controllers had semi-loose joysticks (still worked perfectly, mind you). But oh well, I'm kinda glad I didn't anyways.:p

Damn that sucks. I guess i will ask the people there if i can keep or buy back the battery.

lumbeecheraw75

how long to format flash 0?

bricked my psp this morning trying to get themes to work...made the stick and battery per this guide about a week ago...

its now sitting at formatting flash0... nothing scrolls like a normal m33 install (not certain its supposed to tho)

been there for about 12min now... no activity on MS LED since the very start... is this normal?

lumbeecheraw75

phat, ive tried numerous times.... btw, still have the Despertar Cementerio v3 files and the Open Source Pandora Battery tool on the same mem stick... as well as the 1.50, 3.40, and 3.71 update EBOOT files... is this ok?

lumbeecheraw75

fixed it... had to create the Pandora's Ultimate Magic Stick from MaxConsole, which would allow me to format flash1.. everything would work after that.. thanks for the quick replies

shadow_kill

guys i have a brand new PSP SLIM 3.71fw, and i wanted to install the 3.71 m33 CFW.. how can that be because it says that i cant install\update my psp because its now 3.71.. help my guys..

Acerthief

You need a "Pandora Battery" and memory stick, and make it with the guide here.
You'll need another PSP with custom firmware or 1.5 to do a few steps in the installation.
You can look for people to help in noobz.eu forums.

Also you can only convert phat PSP batteries. Slim PSP batteries can't be converted.

1) would these steps work if i currently have 3.71 on my psp?

2) is nand backup useful? can we use it to restore psp to original psp 3.71 or 3.60 firmwares?
if not what steps would be needed if i need to go back to Original Sony's Firmware 3.71/3.60.

Acerthief

1)nope. the unbricking works but not the installation. you'll need another homebrew-enabled(custom firmware, or official 1.5) PSP to do the job.

2)that is only need when it's the LAST chance to unbrick. it's a very dangerous progress to to it. it's mostly some hardware settings. like i usually dump and use the restore nand after i got up to customfirmware.
In the magic memory stick and pandora battery there's a option "go back to original 3.71"

what you need now is a homebrew-enabled PSP.
Also a phat PSP battery if you happen to have slim.

isnt the pandora battery to be both or made by reprogramming?

reprogramming? i don't really get you there.
Anyways the files are made by running a program on the PSP, but the program can't be ran on a PSP with a official firmware.

Also the program that makes the pandora battery needs a PSP that can run un-official programs (called homebrew).

it's more than just reprogramming.
you also need a PSP that can run apps to enable the "reprogramming".