• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

Acerthief

there IS a difference
DA updated the battery and the magic stick installation so it can go to 3.71M33-2 directly,

but you can use the guide x3sphere gave above to got to 3.71M33 first
then update to 3.71M33-2.

preelude

After using this guide and successfully creating a magic memory stick and a pandora's battery, what files can be safely deleted? I know the 150.pbp and 340.pbp can be deleted, is there anything else?

BTW, thanks for this great guide x3sphere.

jimex289

Hello. Can you make a Pandora's Battery on a slim if you insert a fat PSP battery? Also, when my friend flashed my PSP slim successfully, he couldn't convert his battery back on his own PSP. He had my stick with the program on it and his own battery, but it wasn't working. We ended up having to put his battery into my PSP to convert it back. Is this because you need a certain FW to convert the battery back? I had 3.71 M33-2 at that point...he had I think 3.52 M33-4. The strange thing was he was able to make the battery, just not convert it back. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Acerthief

Hello. Can you make a Pandora's Battery on a slim if you insert a fat PSP battery? Also, when my friend flashed my PSP slim successfully, he couldn't convert his battery back on his own PSP. He had my stick with the program on it and his own battery, but it wasn't working. We ended up having to put his battery into my PSP to convert it back. Is this because you need a certain FW to convert the battery back? I had 3.71 M33-2 at that point...he had I think 3.52 M33-4. The strange thing was he was able to make the battery, just not convert it back. Any thoughts? Thanks.

You can follow the guide HERE, to convert his battery back.
also if you backed up your eeprom, press sqare(i remember) to restore the eeprom back.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
preelude: that's all that can be deleted.

You can follow the guide HERE, to convert his battery back.
also if you backed up your eeprom, press sqare(i remember) to restore the eeprom back.

that guide is for people who used the old Pandora battery converter. The one in this thread is a bit different...

jimex289: Yes you can make a Pandora battery on a Slim with custom firmware, as long as a fat battery is inserted.

He had my stick with the program on it and his own battery, but it wasn't working.

was the eeprom on that stick from his battery or yours? You can't switch eeproms.

starry

ok sorry for asking, but does that means that after i installed 3.71m33, the only way i can get to 3.71m33-2 is through creating pandora battery and magic memory stick?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

ryo-n-gats

I have one question.
When I create Magic Memory Stick, can I backup all the files from the stick, so if I want to downgrade PSP Slim again, just do the mspformat on the normal stick and copy backuped files? Will it work?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have one question.
When I create Magic Memory Stick, can I backup all the files from the stick, so if I want to downgrade PSP Slim again, just do the mspformat on the normal stick and copy backuped files? Will it work?

It will work but don't forget to do the part where you write the msipl.bin to the memory stick.

ryo-n-gats

It will work but don't forget to do the part where you write the msipl.bin to the memory stick.
Yep. And could you explain (in short words) what msipl.bin is, and what it does with the msipl.bin file?
From personal experience, i think that when you use msinst once on memory stick it doesn't require writing msipl.bin any more.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yep. And could you explain (in short words) what msipl.bin is, and what it does with the msipl.bin file?
From personal experience, i think that when you use msinst once on memory stick it doesn't require writing msipl.bin any more.

Correct, but if you format the stick it also deletes msipl.bin. msipl.bin is a small file that's written to the first few sectors of the memory stick. It provides the bootup code for Pandora.

Actually, you can skip the part of using mspformat if the msipl.bin is already written.

jimex289

preelude: that's all that can be deleted.

that guide is for people who used the old Pandora battery converter. The one in this thread is a bit different...

jimex289: Yes you can make a Pandora battery on a Slim with custom firmware, as long as a fat battery is inserted.

was the eeprom on that stick from his battery or yours? You can't switch eeproms.

I'm not sure lol. I don't remember very well. But is it safe to say that if it was his stick and the eeprom was on mine, that was the reason it didn't work?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm not sure lol. I don't remember very well. But is it safe to say that if it was his stick and the eeprom was on mine, that was the reason it didn't work?

yeah, that would be the reason.

josho

YEAH!!! It works flawlessly from my BRICK PSP!

For what I got for the program in my Memory stick, can I transfer the files to my computer instead as backup. When my psp brick again, I can just transfer from the computer to the mem stick. Will that works as well?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Must the PSP be 3.60 or higher OFW to use this process on a fat PSP? Can the fat PSP be 3.51?

the battery + magic memory stick can be used on any firmware.

dennis96411

I did everything,but at last step,I've tried msinst E msipl.bin but it gave me an error saying Can't open msipl.bin.
This is the path ive typed in: C:\Pandoras\msinst\msinst E msipl.bin
Then it shows

PSP MS IPL Installer
Load IPL code msipl.bin
Can't open msipl.bin

And I go under my mem stick,it has a file called msipl.bin and my mem stick drive is E.
But it just won't open it.Dang!!

beef1991

Issue!!! Broken psp slim

Hi!

Yesterday i tried to install 3.71 in a psp slim! 1 minute after starting the flashing, with the pandora battery and memory card, it has occured an error mentioned on the screen and it turned off the psp. Couldn't turn it on no more...

I went to the store and changed it, for my lucky...

But now in afraid of trying it again... It has the 3.60 version official...

What should i do?

Should i try this ?
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3462

When preparing the pandora', battery and the mamory card it is the same to do like this
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3238
or this
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780

Need help please...

Thanks