• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

What are these new Points, Levels and Achievements about?

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I see there's a new system with Points, Levels and Achievements... Achievements are obviously self-explanatory but what are the points and levels about? As I seem to be quite similar to people who are quite a bit more active than me, not that I'm not active as I used to be.

Cryox

Bro.
I would guess that the points are going to be to buy stuff (name color, ribbons, etc) but idk

Quick Edit:
Nevermind, probably just to show how active you are etc.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
It was released as part of an upgrade to the forum, more details in this thread but for convenience's sake, I'll quote the relevant part.

Shop(s), awards and points
If you take a look around, you'll notice a few new things on our forums that some of you may consider bloat. But fear not! We will be fine-tuning the system to present the most stream-lined, yet useful implementation we can of our new shop(s), awards, points and activities system.

A lot of you have been wanting "something" to entice you to get involved in the community and we think we have the answer. With the introduction of this new system, you'll be earning points and awards based on your contributions throughout the community while maintaining the look and feel we strive for M for Mature to have.

So, once you've had a few days to check out the new system, please let us know what you think and we'll see what we can do to make things better.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
It was released as part of an upgrade to the forum, more details in this thread but for convenience's sake, I'll quote the relevant part.

Oh OK thanks, hadn't looked at that thread as didn't think it would have anything like that in.
I just can't figure out how it's worked out, I don't see how I can be a level 26 when you're a level 30 :p

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Oh OK thanks, hadn't looked at that thread as didn't think it would have anything like that in.
I just can't figure out how it's worked out, I don't see how I can be a level 26 when you're a level 30 :p

I have just about double the amount of posts you have but you joined before I did. I'm sure there's a system for it.

Moose

Meta Moose
You can check out how you got your points etc. by looking in your profile under the 'Achievements' tab where visitor messages are.

football

Is that what the ugly bars that stretch the information box are all about?

EDIT: Sorry if that sounds cynical, just the size of the bars are ugly

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Is that what the ugly bars that stretch the information box are all about?

While I wouldn't go as far to say they're ugly, yes that's what they're about. Hopefully we'll be able to get rid of them.

Hellcat

Contributor
/me tries to peek as his level bars

//EDIT
While I wouldn't go as far to say they're ugly, yes that's what they're about. Hopefully we'll be able to get rid of them.
Nah, I wouldn't vote for getting rid of them, but recolor them a bit to better fit into the forums' theme.

football

* Hellcat;103318 tries to peek as his level bars

//EDIT

Nah, I wouldn't vote for getting rid of them, but recolor them a bit to better fit into the forums' theme.

Yes, that and maybe have them shortened. Other then those two things they are not too bad.

Sliderkk

They should add leaderboards y'think?

Sliderkk

You cant cheat on this experience system so there'd be no point. It wouldn't add to your e-penis :cry:

I don't know if I can yet.

OMFG why did my activity bar just get slashed into bits!?

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Everyone's activity just plummeted.