• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

What are these new Points, Levels and Achievements about?

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
Yay lv 30, 2550 or something points and 3 friends achievement
So... where is this so called shop or is it still in the making?
In activities section of my profile it shows me losing 64 points at some point on 31st. How?
In experience section points for posts, it says i hav 996 posts but i have 464?? Confusing

P.S An easily implimentable improvement could be that it shows the level as well as the experience of a person if you click their name

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
I've just noticed that I've gained 100 points for having an Infraction. Does that make me badass and therefore count to my level or something? Most of the statistics on my Expirience page are either incorrect or just plain weird. I've got -48 points for threads, and I've reffered 50 people to the forum, for example. Just, what the fuck? :mellow:

Hellcat

Contributor
Yeah, sometimes the pointing seems a bit weird :confused:

I lost points for something and I don't even know why or how....
/me hopes to figure out

Seth

MD Party Room
I've just noticed that I've gained 100 points for having an Infraction. Does that make me badass and therefore count to my level or something? Most of the statistics on my Expirience page are either incorrect or just plain weird. I've got -48 points for threads, and I've reffered 50 people to the forum, for example. Just, what the fuck? :mellow:

You miss understand you got 50 points for the reffereals lol

I wonder how I got the Scrupulous Poster thing...

EvilSeph

Administrator
Its not that I care its just that I want to know why the fuck it happened.

I just got half as active as 30mins before :(

As stated in the announcement, we're still fine-tuning the system, so point calculation at the moment might not be accurate, resulting in people losing or gaining points each time we re-calculate them.

Points for IRC activity would be cool.

I like this idea, though I'm not sure how we'd measure this. Thoughts?

Then what have the contributors-to-be got to work for?

Among other things that I'm sure you're aware of (like having a say in features we're planning to implement or changes we're planning to make, for example), if we do offer Contrib-reward like things in the store, they won't be able to buy the recognition you guys earn.

Yay lv 30, 2550 or something points and 3 friends achievement
So... where is this so called shop or is it still in the making?
In activities section of my profile it shows me losing 64 points at some point on 31st. How?
In experience section points for posts, it says i hav 996 posts but i have 464?? Confusing

P.S An easily implimentable improvement could be that it shows the level as well as the experience of a person if you click their name

The shop is currently disabled as we work to come up with suitable items for sale.

As stated above, we are still busy working out the kinks in the system and your points/level/activity/experience will change as a result.

Does it still state an incorrect post count? This should have been fixed when we rolled out the latest re-calculation.

We've re-enabled the Level bar showing up in the username drop-down, thanks for the suggestion.

Infraction points are (meant to be) subtracted from your point total, not added and, therefore, would negatively affect your level. I believe the incorrect or plain weird statistics are confusion on your part, but I'll look into it to be sure and get back to you.

Yeah, sometimes the pointing seems a bit weird :confused:

I lost points for something and I don't even know why or how....
* Hellcat;103600 hopes to figure out

As stated above, we are busy fixing the way the system works to be in line with the way the rest of our community does, in order to achieve accurate measurements of your MfM Experience and this will likely result in you losing or gaining points.

----------

In general, though, I cannot comment on what we have planned for the store as we are still actively working on it.

Thank you for all your feedback, suggestions and criticism. It is all much appreciated! :)

Crank

Crank it up!
I like this idea, though I'm not sure how we'd measure this. Thoughts?

You already got a bot in the channel. You could maybe add a feature to the bot where people would register their forum nicks to be associated with their IRC nicks, and then linecount/whatever would be used for measuring activity.

Dan

Contributor
You already got a bot in the channel. You could maybe add a feature to the bot where people would register their forum nicks to be associated with their IRC nicks, and then linecount/whatever would be used for measuring activity.

That sounds good to me. However, some users may come on and troll just for the points.

shikamaru

We've re-enabled the Level bar showing up in the username drop-down, thanks for the suggestion.

Thank you for all your feedback, suggestions and criticism. It is all much appreciated! :)

Thanks

Hellcat

Contributor
Hey, EvilSeph, you took my comments way too serious :D ;)

Im way too much in for the fun and chill to be bothered by issues like this ;)
Just commenting irrugular sightings :)

shikamaru

I just checked a selection of profiles and all of them at 4:29 AM on 3-12-09 lost a random amount of points (Look in activities... click the arrow next to experience and click activities if you want to check) Could someone explain?

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I just checked a selection of profiles and all of them at 4:29 AM on 3-12-09 lost a random amount of points (Look in activities... click the arrow next to experience and click activities if you want to check) Could someone explain?

Answer is only a couple of posts above yours. Here is a quote:

As stated in the announcement, we're still fine-tuning the system, so point calculation at the moment might not be accurate, resulting in people losing or gaining points each time we re-calculate them.

Cryox

Bro.
I'm thinking that the points earned by posting should be based on the length of the post (amount of characters or words, minus quotations, fieldset, links etc) That way you don't just get 2 points for a post that just says "yeah" or whatever. You should get more points for longer posts, kind of like this post Bubbletune made just recently.

I remember something like that on another forum, although I can't remember which one it was.

TeamOverload

People could work around that though, by quoting things without using the actual [ quote] tags or by copying and pasting articles and such. Likely wouldn't be a huge problem, but the possibility is still there.

Cryox

Bro.
People could work around that though, by quoting things without using the actual [ quote] tags or by copying and pasting articles and such. Likely wouldn't be a huge problem, but the possibility is still there.

Adding some New Rules would help with that.
One rule could be that you need to add quote tags to any articles, posts, news, and similar things that you copy and paste.

1st offense: Warning + deduction of points earned by unquoted text
2nd offense: 2nd Warning + " "
3rd offense: Point deduction
and so on

That might work out if my idea ends up being used.

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
I believe the incorrect or plain weird statistics are confusion on your part, but I'll look into it to be sure and get back to you.

I stand corrected. Said the man in the authapedic shoes. :laugh:

But yeah, I realised that shortly after posting, someone pointed it out to me on MSN. I forgot to edit my post. Seems obvious now, when I think about it. :argh:

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I like how it now says all the statistics without you having to hover your mouse over the bars.
How I'm a highest level than Freshmilk, I will never understand.

Hellcat

Contributor
I'm thinking that the points earned by posting should be based on the length of the post (amount of characters or words, minus quotations, fieldset, links etc) That way you don't just get 2 points for a post that just says "yeah" or whatever. You should get more points for longer posts, kind of like this post Bubbletune made just recently.

I remember something like that on another forum, although I can't remember which one it was.
You can also use the rapeutation (misspelling intentional :p) system to award ppl for long/good posts.

That no only adds to the reputation but AFAIK also awards points (for both, actually).