• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What's in a name?

Admiral.Awesome

Well when I moved to Ireland, I still had a really thick Bostonian accent and I used to say "Thats wicked Awesome" about everything. My new non-american friends used to make a big deal about I used to say 'awesome' in a goofy way.

Both my parents were army brats and my dad served for a couple of years so I was raised in an military family....Hence Admiral

I love alliteration so I put them together. TA DA!

If i didn't use Admiral Awesome, I'd probably use Commander Kickass! Lolz

Riorio99

Riorio99: When I was about 12 (I think don't quote me), Rio Ferdinand had just moved to Manchester United, so I was big fan.

dfb1999 (my PSN): I'm a fan of Death From Above 1979, so I used a play on that name for mine, and abbreviated it.

About my name

Well, my username came "out of the blue".

About 3-4 years ago, I was playing Halo: Combat Evolved on the Xbox with my brothers in the map: Battle Creek.

During Halo, I made my username out of a random thought from the back of my brain. Originally it was JX233 on Halo, but for the Internet / Forums I preferably adopted jx233 instead. So that's how I got here today as this username. :smile:

Playboy

heh, my nick.. i was thinking real hard for a good, neat nickname, but all i could think of was some crappy names that mostly, made no sense and yea, i ended up choosing this kinky name :p

Mraellis

Mr Alan Ellis :)

Simple, but nice. I basically got it from game because they have never sent me a game or letter or even a email saying anything other then Mr A Ellis. They emailed without the spaces in it once, that made for a quick laugh.

Btw do you guys get people on XboxLive saying weird stuff for your Nickname and you wonder how they got to that when they should just say it as they see it. I get called merellis or marelis.

Zx30

Beto
Btw do you guys get people on XboxLive saying weird stuff for your Nickname and you wonder how they got to that when they should just say it as they see it. I get called merellis or marelis.

My name is extremely simple. Two letters and a 2 digit number.

Z x 30

but still I sometimes get called on Xbox Live

Zedex! or Z TIMES 30.

What the hell!:angry:

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
My name is extremely simple. Two letters and a 2 digit number.

Z x 30

but still I sometimes get called on Xbox Live

Zedex! or Z TIMES 30.

What the hell!:angry:

Zed is how some countries pronounce the letter we call Zee. So hearing Zedex is something you'll have to get used to.

Slasher

Suck It
lmfao

All I've got to say to that is Wow. Another Zx30 moment lol

El Diablo

When I originally played Diablo 2, I loved it a lot and got addicted to it. I used to use a scrubby name in games like CSS and stuff, something like "killer695" but I thought that was stupid. I needed a new name for CS:S and other FPS's, so I thought El Diablo would be a cool name. It kind of stuck with me on QJ so I carried it over to here just because that was what people knew me as.

Also I wanted to steal eldiablov's name since he stole it from me back on QJ. :)

xploren

Contributor
I was thinking of a name for this small magazine type of thing for my friend. It was going to include sightseeing locations and cool things about the area, so I recommended "xplor", as it was short, went along with the idea of the magazine, and gave my obsession with the letter x some satisfaction. He, unfortunately, never got around to using it, so I started using it after pondering on what I should use after my first alias, Appleseed629. I thought of random things to attach to xplor to make it sound smoother, and came to xploren. I realized it could mean "exploring", so I used it. I've been using it for everything ever since.

As for Appleseed629, I loved the movie Appleseed, and the 629 was some random numbers I chose.

Slasher

Suck It
Another? There has been more than one? Where?:eek:

(Delayed response, I know)
On IRC when I was asking you questions about things outside of the US and you had no idea, remember?

Like for example your guess of Canada's population was 250 million :p

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
Mine comes from when I used to play CS with my friends. I'm thinking about changing, but I still haven't come with something cool and unique .
Kira would be cool, then I could say "Watashi wa Kira desu" (insert DT theme here)
...."I'll take this potato chip....AND EAT IT!!!" XD

Simple, no matter how much the raiders... suck ( :( ), I still love them (I'm kind of a home team fanboy). But that pretty much sums it up, The Raider Nation is basically the unofficial name of all Oakland Raiders fans. That was kind of a short story, so my original name "pspburner" came from the idea that once I hacked my psp I would be "burning" games on to it, similar to how you would burn music onto a cd.

LoneWhiteWolf666

The White Wolf God
I have my name because not only do I like white wolves for their independance, but because of them being loners. the 666 part is just a number i became accustomed to. also, i have indian in my blood, and therefore my great grandmother of the cherokee tribe had once told my my spirit was that of a white wolf; strong, independant, but lonesome. she once told me that if i ever tried to find someone then i should come home and she'd help. lol. but i like my name because it's for me.

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
Well a lot of people (including myself) call me "TJ" or "Teej" IRL (my first names being Tim James), so "The Teej" is a very simple extension of that.