• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What's in a name?

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Nero from DMC4 lol, im really bad with usernames. My old one used to be dante_emo hunter, i got the emo idea from my friend who had his username on youtube as emokiller17.

On serious websites such as work/school my username is Ahmed_7 which is my name plus a _7 :D

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of. You wouldn't get this from any other guy.

Fresh, yours is quite interesting.

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
Fresh, yours is quite interesting.

Yeah, but It's pretty pointless, and means nothing. I guess it meant something when I drank a lot of milk, but not anymore. Still, I like your name, since it actually has some sense behind it. EndUnknown; Because you yourself don't know what'll happen to you at the end, because you're an agnostic... Awesome. :tup:

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
Yeah, but It's pretty pointless, and means nothing. I guess it meant something when I drank a lot of milk, but not anymore. Still, I like your name, since it actually has some sense behind it. EndUnknown; Because you yourself don't know what'll happen to you at the end, because you're an agnostic... Awesome. :tup:

yeah. I make my usernames mean something. changing a username signifies a signifigant change in my life usually(and how much more signifigant to you get than dropping religion?)

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Because you yourself don't know what'll happen to you at the end, because you're an agnostic... Awesome. :tup:

o, we know what happens, we die, atoms get formed together in a tree, than get cut down and have the bible printed on us=-)(i <3 dane cook=-) )

-chw42-

Like a Boss
I've been a huge fan of the Chicago White Sox since my youth, as you can see by my avatar and signature. So one day I decided to make an AOL account, and this was back in like 2004, and I thought of the acronymn for Chicago White Sox, usually displayed as CHW or also CWS. CWS seemed weird so I went with CHW and stuck a 42 at the end because that was my baseball jersey number back then. So that's how I got chw42.

CASHMON3Y

I got my name back when Halo 1 came out on PC. I wanted a name that used a number in place of a letter becuase i thought it would be cool. And the first thing i thought of was CASHMON3Y. And no it has nothing to do with rap, lil wayne, his record company, the guy on yo mamma, etc. I hate being called a wigger just because of my name.

Zx30

Beto
I got my name back when Halo 1 came out on PC. I wanted a name that used a number in place of a letter becuase i thought it would be cool. And the first thing i thought of was CASHMON3Y. And no it has nothing to do with rap, lil wayne, his record company, the guy on yo mamma, etc. I hate being called a wigger just because of my name.

Heh, I always thought it had something to do with that rap group or whatever it's apart of. Just never thought to ask. Now I know :D

Scorned

It was taken from my favourite movie, nothing special.

If no one else got that, i will cry a little inside...

Originally, my name was thescorned, but that was back when people dont even remember that name. I eventually changed it to Scorned after some suggestions, and its stuck.

Darth Budd

Inna-Gadda-Davida
I've been following this thread since I first made it and I must say I've mostly been disappointed that most of you don't have interesting stories to tell about how you got your alias.

Still, those that did have some stories to tell, had some pretty crazy and very interesting history behind their aliases, so I guess that makes things up ;). I don't know about you guys, but I've learnt a few things about some of you guys and I'm grateful to you for sharing :)

I was abducted by aliens and they put a homing device in my pancreas to track me, which i later had surgically removed. I kept it and found a series of markings on it that looked strangely like ancient calligraphy. using my amazing powers of the the internet i quickly deciphered them, and found them to be numbers. Using ancient hebrew numerology I discovered they spelled out "Darth Budd". I knew then that by taking the name I would be able to pass on my dastardly secret for generations.

andyauff

We read an essay in AP Lang today called "'What's in a Name?'" by Henry Louis Gates, Jr. Just thought that was funny.

EDIT:

Wow, now I feel dumb. I learned today that the essay's name was actually an allusion to Romeo and Juliet. -.-

The nick I usually use is JordanBlack68, which is not very creative ha ha, I couldn't think of one, so I have stuck which this one for quite awhile though I'm usually Jordan as it was available. Also, Chathurga, your sig is awesome.

EvilSeph

Administrator
I was abducted by aliens and they put a homing device in my pancreas to track me, which i later had surgically removed. I kept it and found a series of markings on it that looked strangely like ancient calligraphy. using my amazing powers of the the internet i quickly deciphered them, and found them to be numbers. Using ancient hebrew numerology I discovered they spelled out "Darth Budd". I knew then that by taking the name I would be able to pass on my dastardly secret for generations.

I'm not sure if you're joking around or serious...:w00t:

We read an essay in AP Lang today called "'What's in a Name?'" by Henry Louis Gates, Jr. Just thought that was funny.

EDIT:

Wow, now I feel dumb. I learned today that the essay's name was actually an allusion to Romeo and Juliet. -.-

lmao, I wonder how many other people knew of the origin of the thread title.

Bran

Yell
I could have sworn I already put my sorry ass explanation on here but I guess not...
Anyway, my name is basicly a break down of my birth date with a short random key sequence with other random meanings attached.

My birth date is March 5th 1987, or 3-5-1987

And the zx is simply cause they are next to each other on the bottom left of the keyboard(on a US keyboard anyway, I know other places have silly other key layouts, but my date is also US format since others places list the day before the month, heh). Also while on TCCC the z part became Zee (Phil and Amu started calling me that first, Gman does some times but not a lot) as a kinda more personal less robotic name for me.
Since then some times the whole thing ends up as Zee357x when I need to get past minimum character limits.

I also went with this because 3, 5, and 7 are prime, and because of the .357 Magnum which then translates to my condom brand of choice.
3-5-1987>>357>>.357>>condoms

And there you have it. That's pretty much anything and everything about my name which started out as a soulless random alias and evolved into my prefered name.

Cryox

Bro.
Well, i got my alias while i was at a friends house, we decided that we were both going to get 360's, so we both made accounts on xbox.com that day. He made his, then i made mine, i couldn't think of anything good, so i asked for the a random word, he said beastly, so then i ended up with thebeastlyboy. i got my 360 a week or two later, but i couldn't get my free month cause i created it online, so i recreated it throwing 15 at the, which was my age.

and i used to be known as usernameforever on QJ and a couple other sites, but i got sick of it.
The way i got that one was because i was bored one day and decided to make a website on freewebs.com and i couldn't think of an alias, so i looked at the webpage, saw username, typed that in, and on one of my other windows, it had the option forever or something. So i threw them together and bam.

Bran

Yell
I think I would have gotten sick of z357x too if it did not get broken down to a familiar form of "Zee" in my head.

Cause now that I think about it I've been using this name for about 7 and a half years

A_Nub

Developer
umm it Started a while back when I first got Xbox live when the Xbox first came out. I got the name A_Noob. For Halo (ie. "You were splattered by A_Noob"). And so its stuck with me for all this time, and a while ago it got shortened to A_Nub, by my friends in the #psp-programming channel. So that sorta stuck along with my new Self portrait.

a-Nub.png

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Well. I went by the name of "Irish Punk", but then got accused of being racist, so I changed it to NOFX after a program I was working on in vb. Then I started listening to the band and realized I did not like them the slightest bit(Mostly because they're a bunch of whiny drug-addicted alcoholics) so I changed it to NoEffex. Been those three for as long as I've been in this scene.

Tsunaii

eMummeh
Formerly Bubble_Squishy, Ceridwen, and AKA "Bubbles", I now return to my original Online RP name, Tsunaii. My full name was Tsunaii Assundra (she was an Elemental Ranger) in Guild Wars, the second name sucks, so i am totally rethinking that one. Have also been known as Anade Rastine, in Neverwinter Nights, that was a random name generator, so it sounded cool i think.
Tsunaii is based on the word Tsunami, (I created the name 4 years ago i think) to show respect to the powerful forces of nature. Assundra was a play on the word "asunder" meaning torn apart, and the word "tundra" which is frozen area of land. So the name was meant to represent Elemental power and the ability to be a cold blooded warrior i guess? I thought it was cool. Plus i made her look icy with platinum white hair and ivory skin with blue eyes, and her starter oufit was white.
So, yeah. Thats all i gotta say 'bout that.