• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Windows 7 Discussion [Screenshots Enclosed]

twelve

I'm not dead
Got this earlier from the MSDN installed fine except for my Gigabit NIC. Had to download the driver from the manufacturers website. After that it's been great.

Nice and fast and very stable. I've been playing WoW for 90 mins with a video encoding in the background without any hiccups.

Loving the new look Messenger too.

MS could release this now and I'd be happy.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Can I use this with VMWare? Or is it better to partition?

twelve

I'm not dead
Anyone here using it as their main OS?

I'm dual booting, if it wasn't for the fact that there's most likely going to be further betas and release candidates (which in the past have required a reinstall) then I'd probably make the switch to this as my main OS.

I've heard the word "public" thrown around, but from what I understand, there's still some kind of sign-up process.

If not, I'm just gonna cancel this torrent right now.

I heard that the public beta is going to be limited to the first 2.5 million people that download it. So there should be a good chance to get it. Might as well stick with the torrent tho as it's guaranteed.

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
twelve said:
I heard that the public beta is going to be limited to the first 2.5 million people that download it. So there should be a good chance to get it. Might as well stick with the torrent tho as it's guaranteed.

hmmm......

anyone else staying up till 12:01 am ?

Windows Blog said:
On January 9th, the Windows 7 Beta will be available for Windows enthusiasts to download via the Windows 7 page on Windows.com. The Windows 7 Beta is going to be available download-only (we’re not sending out physical media) and available for a limited time to the first 2.5 million people who download the beta.
-----

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/

this just came up
microsoft said:
Over the past few years, you've asked us to make some changes to Windows. We listened closely. Now it's time to share an early look at how we've used your feedback. Windows 7 is faster, more reliable, and makes it easier to do what you want. Both the everyday things and the killer "is that really possible?" things. Dig into this site to see what's coming. Want to try the Beta? Come back the afternoon of January 9. And remember—this is just a preview. There's more to come.

brain

Pew Pew Pew
Ive been trying to get it for about 20 min now, i just get "Server too busy" everytime. *sigh*

Greyone

i'm stuck on the first page :(
----
now after logging in, i get a blank page :(
-----
now it says server too busy when trying to do anything

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
isnt it the same as beta build 7000.

Its faster from a torrent site. i have it installed on virtualbox but i cant install on my pc i dont have a dvd.

Greyone

well, i finally was able to make an account and activate it.

But when I go to get my key it says:

Error

The site is currently experiencing technical difficulties, please check back in the next business day.
---
@ Blackburd

yes this is still windows 7 build 7000