• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Windows 7 RC1 Released

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
well I did have problems like opening certain programs like uh yahoo messenger

It should definitely be working now then. I had a few issues that were specific to my laptop setup but with the 7077 build all of them seem to have disappeared - it's well worth an upgrade from the beta to the RC imo

alright cool.

I might upgrade my main (Vista 64) again. hopefully it wont screw up my documents and pictures like last time. I still dont get it with the Libraries are they more like Public folders?

Sullivan

Ya, this is wonderful. And May I mention, with all the same programs installed that I had on XP, win7 still loads faster, and the wait time from when I log on, to actually work or open a program is minimal now.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
=/ I was told by the installer that I couldn't do an upgrade.

That is the case as stated by Microsoft here:

If you're running Windows XP or the Windows 7 Beta, you'll need to backup your data, then do a clean installation of the RC, then reinstall your applications and restore your data.

However if you are running a newer build, like 7077 you might be able to use the upgrade option.

I not worry about the march 1st 2010

It gives me few months to pick up a copy of the final Windows 7.

If Its really that good. I might as well buy it....

edit: seriously who is dumb enough to run RC when Full version is out during that time.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
That is the case as stated by Microsoft here:

However if you are running a newer build, like 7077 you might be able to use the upgrade option.

I believe there is also another way. If you go into the ISO contents and into the folder 'sources', open up cversion.ini and modify the MinClient build number to a value lower than the down-level build. For example, change 7100 to 7000. It worked for me when I upgraded from 7000.

Cryox

Bro.
what are you going from?

if you mean what OS am i switching from, none really, i will still keep Vista on this computer.

So to answer your question, i am coming from Vista. I will probably go out and by an external hd for this, or just another internal. not sure yet, as i would like to minimize the risk of messing this computer up. (the hd to be more specific)