• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Windows 7 RC1 Released

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Windows Live Messenger 2009 works. it sits on the left side of my task bar.

capturerev.jpg

Anyways...I hate the new taskbar. I wish they have kept the original way.

I like the new taskbar, it's organised and efficent. But, I am a fan of the OS X Dock, so that's probably why :p. It's not that different from the old taskbar really much, so everyone should be able to grasp it quickly.

I'm going to try out the XP mode soon, so i'll report back on how that works

Riorio99

I've downloaded it and burnt it, but I'm not installing it until I get my data backed-up.
Anyone know of any bugs that are likely to corrupt or destroy data? If it does get installed, it'll be on a seperate partition, so there should be no problems, but I'm paranoid as hell.

Moose

Meta Moose
I have installed it on three computers and no data has been corrupted in any of the installations.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
XP mode functions like any other VM, much the way Parrallels & VMware fusion does on OS X, brings VM windows onto the desktop.

@androidkaita: You may want to try out Pidgin or Digsby in the meantime as a replacement if you want to hop onto MSN while the problem is solved.

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
just a noob's guess (haven't got windows 7 yet!) what happens when you try messenger in XP mode?

James.

User Not Found
Flash Player support on 64-bit operating systems
Adobe Flash Player is not supported for playback in a 64-bit browser. However, you can run Flash Player in a 32-bit browser running on a 64-bit operating system.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM EST ----------

just a noob's guess (haven't got windows 7 yet!) what happens when you try messenger in XP mode?
I havent tried XP mode, but from VMware it'll run as long as you use your internet through the Virtual machine

Colm

hmm, I understand. But the flash player installer isn't working. Thankfully, I know a workaround.