• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Windows 7 RC1 Released

If you wanna check and see if your computer support XP mode go here.

GRC

I used the upgrade option and lost internet....

I just uninstall the driver and got it back. weird

So far so good. I impress the taskbar not so ugly and take up 25% of the screen anymore.

Wow, I have to say i'm impressed. Installation was flawless on my iMac, and it got pretty much every driver necessary, without Boot Camp. Very impressed so far, bootup is now only 42 seconds! I've only had a problem with my mouse, but apart from that, very nice! I'll test it out soon with games when Steam finishes up.

James.

User Not Found
Can someone who did a clean install show me what their winver window says about expiring, please?

I upgraded and it says 2/3/2010

I used the upgrade option from vista 64 SP1 to Win7 RC 64 bit

captureymm.jpg

I don't get it! why 8PM? they should just put 12:00am

Also does anybody know how to run IE6 XP Mode?

sslkss

I installed one of the old versions of W7, but just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the compatibilaty of this has grown yet? I removed it because I couldn't play a lot of games, etc.

Joey

I installed one of the old versions of W7, but just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the compatibilaty of this has grown yet? I removed it because I couldn't play a lot of games, etc.

I haven't found a game I couldn't play on 7077, or RC1.

James.

User Not Found
I used the upgrade option from vista 64 SP1 to Win7 RC 64 bit

[qimg]http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4928/captureymm.jpg[/qimg]

I don't get it! why 8PM? they should just put 12:00am

Also does anybody know how to run IE6 XP Mode?
Mine expires at 12.59 am :p

Sullivan

Are all the old betas have this timer thing? I remember at one point there was a remover for tit.

I installed one of the old versions of W7, but just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the compatibility of this has grown yet? I removed it because I couldn't play a lot of games, etc.

Every game i've tried runs fine, if not better from Vista to the RC1

Vee

I've just installed it, having only used Vista for a few minutes and having had XP as my OS for forever. Windows 7 rocks. I think its a really great update. The start bar is awesome..and it runs so fast.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Can anybody else not run Live Messenger on W7??? Its a huge piss off right now, because I want to be using windows 7, but if It cant run messenger than im sticking with Vista for now. It installed fine, runs fine, but when I try to start a convo, it just crashes immediately

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
Can anybody else not run Live Messenger on W7??? Its a huge piss off right now, because I want to be using windows 7, but if It cant run messenger than im sticking with Vista for now. It installed fine, runs fine, but when I try to start a convo, it just crashes immediately

have you downloaded the windows live pack ?