• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] 5.03 TIFF Hello World

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG HACKS

Magixien u cant be serious... U have the Gripshift HEN all to urself and now u want the TIFF as well...I see ur point that 12% of the community is probably psp 3000 users. But just becuz that percentage is small does not mean that they should not get to enjoy the magic of Homebrew on there psp as well.

I saved $225 for 3 months just so i could use my psp 3000 and enjoy homebrew and help out the community as well.There is no way im selling my console for an older model just so i can have cfw... i paid the money to have cfw on this psp xD.

(I swear Maxigien works for sony as a spy >.>)

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
ohh i forgot about the people too lazy to buy pandora

Pandora was never meant to be commercial... It is free and should be maintained free..

Fives

Magixien u cant be serious... U have the Gripshift HEN all to urself and now u want the TIFF as well...I see ur point that 12% of the community is probably psp 3000 users. But just becuz that percentage is small does not mean that they should not get to enjoy the magic of Homebrew on there psp as well.

I saved $225 for 3 months just so i could use my psp 3000 and enjoy homebrew and help out the community as well.There is no way im selling my console for an older model just so i can have cfw... i paid the money to have cfw on this psp xD.

(I swear Maxigien works for sony as a spy >.>)

I think you're misunderstanding his post (or maybe I am too) but i think he's saying that just because you're able to download/use iso/cso's doesn't mean everyone will. which is very true. some people will of course. life moves on. so does the psp homebrew scene.

DaRKcLoUD-X

Good Job Cheetablaze, thanks for including my name lol, if this method only works for you with the PICTURE folder then its good that you packaged that up for people. If it will work for you this way then it will probably work for somebody else :D. I just like this method cause it loads up right away without scrolling hehe. I haven't tested your v2 of my method but it may not work on psp 2001, but hey i will probably try it myself in a day or 2 to see for myself :D. Well, its just good that this tiff expoit is only half unstable now hehe, 100% stable on every psp is quite a task, We will see what the future unfolds lmao.

Adiuvo

I'm not sure if you're joking with this post, but you didn't pay money to have custom firmware on your PSP at all, unless you paid respective developers. Developers don't owe anyone anything, and as such they don't need to create anything, whether someone expects it or not.

Furthermore, if you really think the person who created the Gripshift exploit works for Sony, well, not many things positive can be said.

Adiuvo

The same applies. Just because the capability for homebrew was given for another group doesn't mean that the 3000 owners are owed.

magixien

I understand that... really.

And you will see that homebrew on a PSP-3000 screen are really more bright :)

I just say that, perhaps, it is not so important to hack the psp-3000 now with something that can be used on the next generation... Perhaps let the editors coming back again on PSP and let them win money a little bit... nothing more.

But now it is too late for the user part (the tiff exploit is released so it will be patched quickly)...

OMG HACKS

So do u agree with Magxien Adiuvo??

Responding to Magixien:

Well the gripshift exploit can stay in hiding(seeing i dont have gripshift):D.But i think this one should be released seeing as we have a backup exploit.But i guarantee u sony willl patch the Gripshift HEN somehow even if they dont currently have possesion of it :(.

Fives

The same applies. Just because the capability for homebrew was given for another group doesn't mean that the 3000 owners are owed.

many 3k users are old psp users who in one way or another ended up with 3000 and can no longer use their favorite homebrew apps. not just some kid who got a 3000 last week and googled how to run shit on his PSP. owe isn't the right word. i don't think anyone is saying psp3000 users are owed anything. the point is 3000+ is a cockblock for psp homebrew which has already constantly slowed homebrew development. a HEN is just what this community needs and it seems amazing that it's come at such a perfect time. this is some super hero shit right here.

OMG HACKS

many 3k users are old psp users who in one way or another ended up with 3000 and can no longer use their favorite homebrew apps. not just some kid who got a 3000 last week and googled how to run shit on his PSP. owe isn't the right word. i don't think anyone is saying psp3000 users are owed anything. the point is 3000+ is a cockblock for psp homebrew which has already constantly slowed homebrew development. a HEN is just what this community needs and it seems amazing that it's come at such a perfect time. this is some super hero shit right here.

Lol fives

Adiuvo

So do u agree with Magxien??

To a point. It's a shame the Gripshift exploit wasn't used, but I can also understand why the TIFF exploit was released. Gripshift is remarkably rare now, and it will be much more difficult to get a copy then it was for the GTA and Lumines exploits. The TIFF exploit is accessible to everyone, and makes more sense for it to be released now and allow everyone to use, then keeping it in a backburner so to speak, for that just in case moment.

DaRKcLoUD-X

Well im not so much interested in iso/cso functionality, everyone knows its nice to have, but I support the games industry and I buy a game if I want it. For example, I plan on buying Dissidia when it comes out, not downloading it. I want to be able to play my ps1 games on psp though. I own plenty of ps1 games, which I bought retail. Too bad sony doesn't implement a feature in the ps3 so that it could copy ps1 discs to the hardrive and then to the psp :D.

OMG HACKS

Exactly what im trying to say Adiuvo :D.Since this tiff is already public i gurantee u sony has already made there first move.We have Gripshift in Hiding so I think it is ok to release this Tiff HEN since it is already public.

wololo

So do u agree with Magxien??
I disagree because I think the PSP has been failing so far not because of piracy, but because of Sony's bad marketing strategy and business model. (the DS and the Wii are proof that a company can make loads of money even with lots of piracy. In Japan I've seen more people with DS flashcarts than people playing ISOS on their psp)

However I completely understand Magixien's concerns. I'm not stupid and I know that most people wait these hacks only to stop paying for their games. I find it really sad, but I think it's a problem of personal responsibility, not the job of hackers, to judge what other people should or should not do with their hardware.
I however believe it's also hackers/developers responsibility not to intentionally enable piracy. I understand piracy as a side effect of hacked hardware. I don't understand it if it comes as an official part of the hack. (Not sure I'm clear here :confused:)

Adiuvo

Well im not so much interested in iso/cso functionality, everyone knows its nice to have, but I support the games industry and I buy a game if I want it. For example, I plan on buying Dissidia when it comes out, not downloading it. I want to be able to play my ps1 games on psp though. I own plenty of ps1 games, which I bought retail. Too bad sony doesn't implement a feature in the ps3 so that it could copy ps1 discs to the hardrive and then to the psp :D.
This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I used to be really into ISOs, but I found that I never really appreciated the games when I downloaded them. I didn't even beat Crisis Core until I bought it. Now that I buy most of my PSP games, I find that I actually take time with them.
I'm not saying that PSP 3000 users don't deserve homebrew, not at all. But going about it so nonchalantly, and acting like it's easy to do and deserved (not talking in regards to any specific user) is disrespectful to the developers. Asking when someone is going to come out, for example, or saying something doesn't work when the enduser hasn't even put in the effort, are, in my eyes, one of the most disrespectful things you can do. Hence the whole 'owed' mentality.

People in the PSP scene are unappreciative for the most part. Back in 06 any application, exploit, or game, was praised and supported, even if it was the a clone of another application (except flasher apps, but that's different ;)). Now, people just have a 'been there, seen that' thought process.

Anyway, back on topic now. Further discussion on this subject (attitude of the scene) can take place in this thread.

DaRKcLoUD-X

I only have like 4 games for my psp, and there isn't a lot of psp games that im actually interested in. Part of the cause for failure could be lack of games which appeal to gamers interests. Ive heard so many people tell me that they had a psp and sold it to get a ds because the ds has more games that they enjoy. I also agree with wololo that sony had a bad marketing strategy, maybe thats why Im not aware of more games for psp:p.

EDIT: Sorry Adiuvo, I posted while you posted hehe, can someone move my post?

EDIT by Adiuvo: Don't worry about it.

OMG HACKS

Well if it takes a a few Devs to develope HEN from gripshift in a matter of months. I guarantee u ppl at sony who know everything about there psp and programming it can also go out and buy gripshift and make there own HEN in a couple of weeks and patch it.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM EST ----------

Rofl wololo talking to u on these forums and DA's

Cheetablaze

I really hope something good comes out of this.. I love my psp because of the "adult" type games.. If something doesn't happen soon i'm really going to have to bail with the others and go DSi. *sigh* I really don't want to cooking mama crap but god at least it will be free... Please o developer godz hear my plea! Gimme some homebrew! I just feel bad for Sony.. the more we mooch.. the less people want to make games for it. The only reason why DS does good is because millions of parents are unaware of the free games it possess. If the DS was in the game realm as PSP they would get crushed as well. DS is still kiddy based so why would we want 3000 DS games full of flowers, puppies and really crappy looking games..

WTF why are we soo off track on this forum!!!! Just say woohoo! and wait for the HEN to be released.... If not then i'll be a part of the lynching mob with a torch and a pitch fork!! Until then let's just wait and play patty cake until then? I would of said sexual twister but I bet half the members on this forum are fat and have a stinky butt... lolz

dtom2444

It hasn't even turned into something that can support ISOs yet, and it doesn't look like it'll be able to for a long while.

Really? i trust what you say over most people on here because i remember you from years back on pspupdates forums. oh well, it'll certainly be interesting to see what can come out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.