• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gay rights, your view?

Joey

.A.J. said:
I am for gay rights, including the right to marry. There is no reasonable excuse for treating homosexuals as second class individuals.

People are born gay. One of my friends was gay when I met him in elementary school. He didn't admit it until high school but everyone else knew he was different. Even in elementary school, most of the males in our classes wouldn't even talk to him because of this. They feared the difference even though they were too young to understand it. It never bothered me. He was a nice kid that happened to be different. No big deal.
Yeah, people try to say it's a choice, and honestly, I've never heard such a laughable assertion.

Homosexuality brings tons of undue criticism and hardship. Who the hell would choose that? Nobody would ever choose to be different. Especially during school years. Hell, school is already hard enough when you're straight, why the hell would you want to introduce the idea of getting harassed simply because of your sexual preference?

My sister has a friend (who is Mexican), who recently told his family that he is gay, and it was pretty obvious. I pretty much assumed it when I first met him. And now, his parents wont let him leave the house, and he's not allowed to use the computer, and they're gonna try to "cure" him.

But yeah, that's a "choice" a lot of people are making.

Slasher

Suck It
MiKeY188 said:
my view on gay rights

I hate the thought of itm i hate gay people sorry, but i find it weird.
So you're a homophobe?

The Milkman

Just as long as they're not out in the public displaying affection I see no problem with it, lesbians can do whatever they want in public though.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
my view: as long as they aren't annoying(but thats my view on almost everyone and everything)

(TSON)

Arcade Whore.
Honestly, it shouldn't make a damn difference. Let the people do as they please, they aren't bothering you, damnit.

omracer

JEMdev said:
i consider the teenage pregnant to be degenarates that should get no help from the government or schools

we had a girl at my school who had a fucking kid and graduated a year early, and she wasn't a good student to begin with, the school passed her through because she needed to graduate and get a job to fund the little bastard. That isn't fair

homosexuality is moral
abortion in the case of rape is moral

teenage pregnancy is IMMORAL in my book

be responsible and use a goddamn condom
or even better go get the pill

if your parents won't let you get the pill they don't deserve rights as parents.

i agree with you with these:
homosexuality is moral
abortion in the case of rape is moral

but teen pregnancy is very questionable.
From you experinece I think the state should take that baby & put it up for adoption cause thats pretty stupid here getting pregnant.

I'm currently friends with this girl whos a teen mum and shes got a nice personality and shes doing well for herself.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Slasher said:
[qimg]http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/1921/supportgaymarriageks3.jpg[/qimg]

Women are the same way about gay men.

Zx30

Beto
Slasher said:
[qimg]http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/1921/supportgaymarriageks3.jpg[/qimg]
I'd rather support it if both women were ugly. That way, the two hot girls can remain not gay. Which in turn, will leave more hot women for the straight guys. :tup:

But on a serious note, I don't care about gay marriages. You do you. And I do me.

Vee

Zx30 said:
I'd rather support it if both women were ugly. That way, the two hot girls can remain not gay. Which in turn, will leave more hot women for the straight guys. :tup:

But on a serious note, I don't care about gay marriages. You do you. And I do me.
Couldn't have said it better.

Joey

There is no such thing as "gay rights", only human rights... Gay people are humans, therefore, they deserve the same rights as all of us.

Slasher

Suck It
Not sure how it works in the states, but does Obama really have much of a say in it?
I know laws vary state to state. Gay marriage is allowed in some states, some it isn't. So isn't it sort of a separate thing?

Joey

madsoul said:
what are Obamas views on homosexual marriage etc? i havent been following anything really since im not american.
He doesn't believe in it, but he believe's homosexuals have the right to a legal union...

Basically, he just thinks you should call same-sex marriage something other than "marriage".

Kind of ridiculous if you ask me, but I can't imagine anybody would give a shit if it was called something different, as long as it guaranteed the same rights.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
Joey said:
He doesn't believe in it, but he believe's homosexuals have the right to a legal union...

Basically, he just thinks you should call same-sex marriage something other than "marriage".

Kind of ridiculous if you ask me, but I can't imagine anybody would give a shit if it was called something different, as long as it guaranteed the same rights.
its a "compromise" because "marriage is sacred"(which is why divorce rates are over 50% in some places)