• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gay rights, your view?

Joey

EndUnknown said:
its a "compromise" because "marriage is sacred"(which is why divorce rates are over 50% in some places)
Yeah, no shit...

We have shows like "Who wants to marry a Millionaire", but yeah, marriage is sacred...

FreePlay

Joey said:
He doesn't believe in it, but he believe's homosexuals have the right to a legal union...

Basically, he just thinks you should call same-sex marriage something other than "marriage".

Kind of ridiculous if you ask me, but I can't imagine anybody would give a shit if it was called something different, as long as it guaranteed the same rights.
You know, logically, you'd think so, but from my experience with the gay folks, the word 'marriage' is secondary in important only to the rights. They want to be married, not "in a civil union".

Joey

FreePlay said:
You know, logically, you'd think so, but from my experience with the gay folks, the word 'marriage' is secondary in important only to the rights. They want to be married, not "in a civil union".
Well, they're just stupid...

Access_Denied

I don't support gay rights. I just don't find it natural to be gay. And it's not that I don't like gays either. I mean, they're people just like you and me. I just find it odd.

(BTW- This isn't because of my religion or anything, I'm Atheist.)

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
Access_Denied said:
I don't support gay rights. I just don't find it natural to be gay. And it's not that I don't like gays either. I mean, they're people just like you and me. I just find it odd.

I too find some people's lifestyles "odd". Who are you to judge them? Just because you think it's odd doesn't give anyone the right to deny them basic rights.

Access_Denied

Mr. Beefy said:
I too find some people's lifestyles "odd". Who are you to judge them? Just because you think it's odd doesn't give anyone the right to deny them basic rights.

This is the reason I would never vote on an issue such as this. I don't like it, but it's not my decision. (At least it shouldn't be.) I'll let whatever is going to happen, happen, and without my interference. However, I'm still against it.

Bran

Yell
I'm 85% certain I'm bisexual so I'm very supportive of gay rights.

The reason why I say 85% is cause I've just never had that desire to go test that theory. I'm not turned off by the cock though, and I have plenty of stories to back up my supposed gay-ness.

Access_Denied

z357x said:
I'm 85% certain I'm bisexual so I'm very supportive of gay rights.

The reason why I say 85% is cause I've just never had that desire to go test that theory. I'm not turned off by the cock though, and I have plenty of stories to back up my supposed gay-ness.

I never really thought of that as being something you were unsure of. Also, if you've never had the desire to 'test' your gayness, it's probably because you're not gay. Just remember, every guy has a little bit of gay in them.

_Seven

Gay rights are so stupid. They SHOULD be human rights. Gays are people too, and deserve no less than straight people. It's not like marriage is so sacred anymore, what with shows like "Who Wants to Marry A Millionare?" popping all around.

Tl;Dr Gay couples deserve marriage as much as a straight couple.

Bran

Yell
Access_Denied said:
I never really thought of that as being something you were unsure of. Also, if you've never had the desire to 'test' your gayness, it's probably because you're not gay. Just remember, every guy has a little bit of gay in them.
Well what I meant to say didn't really come out right, but I could go into more detail but it's not really important.

But I'm just saying I'd be unsure cause I've never pursued a guy to any particular degree, not that I'd be unsure of an underlying attraction. Cause I know some guys I'm totally into but have a gf.

Zx30

Beto
z357x said:
Well what I meant to say didn't really come out right, but I could go into more detail but it's not really important.

But I'm just saying I'd be unsure cause I've never pursued a guy to any particular degree, not that I'd be unsure of an underlying attraction. Cause I know some guys I'm totally into but have a gf.

I hope this does not seem like I'm spamming, but I have a good test to check if your gay or not.

Which gender do you usually pop a boner towards(when you look at them).

men or women?
:)

Bran

Yell
Zx30 said:
I hope this does not seem like I'm spamming, but I have a good test to check if your gay or not.

Which gender do you usually pop a boner towards(when you look at them).

men or women?
:)
either, depends.

Joey

Access_Denied said:

So, because you find homosexuality "odd", you need to impose your whacked out belief on other people, and tell them who they can or can't marry?

Awesome...

Bran

Yell
I really don't understand why people don't think people should marry whoever they want. It's like most people don't think twice about interracial marriage now but that used to be taboo back in the day.

_Seven

z357x said:
I really don't understand why people don't think people should marry whoever they want. It's like most people don't think twice about interracial marriage now but that used to be taboo back in the day.
It's because bigots have children on the regular. :(

Access_Denied

Joey said:
So, because you find homosexuality "odd", you need to impose your whacked out belief on other people, and tell them who they can or can't marry?

Awesome...

*Sigh*

Access_Denied said:
This is the reason I would never vote on an issue such as this. I don't like it, but it's not my decision. (At least it shouldn't be.) I'll let whatever is going to happen, happen, and without my interference. However, I'm still against it.

I already said, it's not my decision to make. It may be my opinion, but I'm not going to force it to be somebody else's opinion.

Bran

Yell
Access_Denied said:
*Sigh*

I already said, it's not my decision to make. It may be my opinion, but I'm not going to force it to be somebody else's opinion.
While I don't agree with your opinion(truthfully it baffles me) I do respect your ability to not be bullish about it and fuck shit up for everyone.