• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gay rights, your view?

Joey

Access_Denied said:
*Sigh*

I already said, it's not my decision to make. It may be my opinion, but I'm not going to force it to be somebody else's opinion.
My fault, didn't read the whole thread...

Still, I'm disappointed you hold that view...

Access_Denied

Joey said:
My fault, didn't read the whole thread...

Still, I'm disappointed you hold that view...

No problem.

Actually, if I had to vote. I think I'd have to vote no. (Yes to gay marriage.) Although I don't like it, it's not my decision, and nobody has the right to take away another person's right. Gay people are people.

I do, however, have an argument against people that say marriage is sacred. If two drunk straight people in Vegas can get married, why can't two gay people get married.

Joey

Access_Denied said:
No problem.

Actually, if I had to vote. I think I'd have to vote no. (Yes to gay marriage.) Although I don't like it, it's not my decision, and nobody has the right to take away another person's right. Gay people are people.

I do, however, have an argument against people that say marriage is sacred. If two drunk straight people in Vegas can get married, why can't two gay people get married.
Ok, you're cool... Which is all that matters, right? That I approve?

I'm sure that's the case.

Bran

Yell
Access_Denied said:
THIS is pure win.

I still say marriage should be redefined, made less churchy, and unified for the whole country.

Access_Denied

z357x said:
THIS is pure win.

I still say marriage should be redefined, made less churchy, and unified for the whole country.

I do think it needs to be refined. They can't have this bull crap in the middle stuff. Some people get married in court houses, some people in churches. It has to be one way or the other. It either has to be a legal thing, or a religious things. Having it sometimes be both just complicates things.

Access_Denied

Joey said:
Ok, you're cool... Which is all that matters, right? That I approve?

I'm sure that's the case.

Of course. :p

Actually, I've been on the fence on this issue for a while. And while I support it legally, I still can't decide on my opinion fully. I can however, shoot down some of the stupid ass arguments people come up with against gay marriage. (Anybody else heard the recent one where the 'gay trait' is seen as a mental retardation? I swear, some people are so stupid.)

Joey

Access_Denied said:
Seems to me as if it passed. That kind of sucks, but then again, it's not really unexpected.
It was by me... I really didn't see it happening.

Like I said, sad fucking day.

Serideth

Wow people are still this backwards?

I would of thought anyone old enough to vote would be old enough not to be a complete moron.

Joey

Tenchitsu said:
Wow people are still this backwards?

I would of thought anyone old enough to vote would be old enough not to be a complete moron.
Well, it doesn't help that black Jesus supported this proposition.

I hate to bang on this drum, but we only have religion to thank.

I'd like to hold out hope that this is something the supreme court can over turn, and deem unconstitutional like they did with prop 22 a few years back, but from what I can tell, Prop 8 is supposed to be a California constitutional amendment, which would not be able to be overturned.

This is unbelievably upsetting. Similar measures passed in places like Florida and Arizona, which is to be expected, but I never thought California would be this fucking ass backwards.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
if they cant overturn it like 22, then that is fucking intolerant bullshit. they deserve rights you over zealous idiots!

Joey

EndUnknown said:
if they cant overturn it like 22, then that is fucking intolerant bullshit. they deserve rights you over zealous idiots!
Yeah, this pretty much ruined my fucking day...

I'm literally sick to my stomach over this shit...

And to think, I'm a heterosexual who doesn't even believe in marriage, and even I can see the fucking outrage in this. STOP IMPOSING YOUR FUCKING BELIEFS ON OTHERS YOU FUCKTARDS!.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Joey said:
Yeah, this pretty much ruined my fucking day...

I'm literally sick to my stomach over this shit...

And to think, I'm a heterosexual who doesn't even believe in marriage, and even I can see the fucking outrage in this. STOP IMPOSING YOUR FUCKING BELIEFS ON OTHERS YOU FUCKTARDS!.
I agree, I was talking to this big reglious person today.
And they said gays should never be allow since the bible said so...
I said few things, and they didn't even want hear me. Im like this is the reasons you don't mix religion and the world people around it.

Access_Denied

Joey said:
It was by me... I really didn't see it happening.

Like I said, sad fucking day.

I was leaning towards it not passing. Too many bible thumpers. There's nothing I hate more than bible thumpers. Most of them even believe you're supposed to take the bible literally. :mad:

Oh, and amendments can be amended. Just look at prohibition. In 2012, if given another chance, this wouldn't pass again.

Joey

Access_Denied said:
I was leaning towards it not passing. Too many bible thumpers. There's nothing I hate more than bible thumpers. Most of them even believe you're supposed to take the bible literally. :mad:

Oh, and amendments can be amended. Just look at prohibition. In 2012, if given another chance, this wouldn't pass again.
Actually, from what I read, this proposition was to overturn the supreme courts ruling that Proposition 22 is unconstitutional.

At the end of the day, I have no idea what that means for future action on this issue.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
Access_Denied said:

not even 2012 necessarily. 2010 at latest.

Joey

Apparently, "No on Prop. 8" supporters are going to take this to court, and try to get the same "Unconstitutional" ruling...

We'll see...

Access_Denied

EndUnknown said:
not even 2012 necessarily. 2010 at latest.

That's right, I forget we vote every 2 years. I'm thinking of the president which is only every 4 years. Anyway, I think it's the older generation that is keeping this from passing. Once there's more of the younger generation, this will pass.