• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP 6.20 Save Data Exploit Released. Hello World 6.20!E loader on the way

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
OMG YAI! NOW I CAN HAS UPDATE ON PSP AND ACCESS PSN!

I just wanted to keep in the spirit of things. I'm not quite sure anymore if the exploit is on the newest firmware but the prospect of updating is steal appealing.

WalangAlam

lol guys. since everybody is clamoring for it, I'm gonna release an iso loader tomorrow:p

does it work on psp go? somebody tested it?

Davee

lolhax
I guess what i'm trying to say is at the end of the day, harsh as it may seem, the devs would be nothing if it wasnt for those who actually use their programs, i hope the devs havent forgotten this.

Most developers make things for themselves or as part of a contribution. You have the roles around the wrong way, we don't rely on users, users rely on us. You see, it's developers that start it off, then the users come in and destroy it ;)

RoBz: Roe's 6.20 fw has ISOs

Deathrow

This is what happens. Look at it this way, wololo releases his excellent resource on finding exploits in savedata parsing on his site. Malloxis finds the same exploit as a few others and wololo says that they'll write an eLoader and release it when it's done alongside the exploit. Malloxis can't even wait this long, and decides to releases basically shoving all credit to him.

Notice how the whole scenario was on the scenes side, then a end-user comes along and fucks it all up? Check it this way, US DEVELOPERS TRY TO GIVE YOU WANT YOU WANT SOMETIMES, BUT IT'S NEVER GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU!

I wasn't involved in this, but I'm absolutely disgusted by this. Once again, the end-users fuck around the developers. Just wait though, you'll end up fucking up to a point where they'll be no skilled developers like wololo and m0skit0 left. I don't think they are thrown in the towel, but I can probably bet that their focus has been changed.

Why must releasing the exploit come down to this? Davee, I'm sorry, but I seriously don't think it will matter in the long run. If their are people still working on it, then it was going to be released either way. Besides....If people actually follow the scene, they will know not to update their shit.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Why must releasing the exploit come down to this? Davee, I'm sorry, but I seriously don't think it will matter in the long run. If their are people still working on it, then it was going to be released either way. Besides....If people actually follow the scene, they will know not to update their shit.

Why would he release anything? This exploit only allows usermode-level homebrew, and that's the way it should stay.

HacKmaN

#include
Why would he release anything? This exploit only allows usermode-level homebrew, and that's the way it should stay.

In my oppinion a User Mode exploit is better for the current scene, then a Kernel Mode one, just because of one reasen, in User Mode an ISO loader is impossible. So, why should someone waste a great Kernel Mode Exploit that could be used for dumping firmwares and things like that, if it'd be only used for loading pirated games?

B2K24

Sony needs to experiment to gain back market share. Just allow homebrew on OFW for 2 months so people can run emulators, homebrew games, apps. excluding flashers and anything of that nature. Imagine the increase in sales PSN would get because users could run homebrew and not be locked out of PSN.

It would totally crush the DS if the above were possible and people would be happy to spend $$ on PSN if they are happy being able to run homebrew if the freedom of choice was available for the user. Imagine how many more units even the GO would sell if this was possible.

What would Sony really lose if they allowed this?

It would only benefit everyone because people wouldn't have to choose between PSN and homebrew.

Sony Dev's could create a OFW that allows homebrew games and emulator's only while still locking out ISO and flashers, installers, anything dangerous like that.

Why can't sony take a page from apples book and approve homebrew to be on the PSN then once purchased it would work on OFW?

Of course I don't know how open source stuff would work in this situation except maybe the original creator could submit only.

ANYWAY.... the place where we are at now is getting damn old
exploit this game or firmware.... usermode or kernel mode....
Create HEN.... homebrew is now possible only to be locked out of PSN once again.
Another pointless update by sony and the game starts over again.

Sony you're games can be ripped to ISO or CSO regardless of firmware
but not necessary run or launched so it's only hurting EVERYONE and affecting your bottom line by not supporting homebrew.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Sony needs to experiment to gain back market share. Just allow homebrew on OFW for 2 months so people can run emulators, homebrew games, apps. excluding flashers and anything of that nature. Imagine the increase in sales PSN would get because users could run homebrew and not be locked out of PSN.

It would totally crush the DS if the above were possible and people would be happy to spend $$ on PSN if they are happy being able to run homebrew if the freedom of choice was available for the user. Imagine how many more units even the GO would sell if this was possible.

It would only benefit everyone because people wouldn't have to choose between PSN and homebrew.

Sony Dev's could create a OFW that allows homebrew games and emulator's only while still locking out ISO and flashers, installers, anything dangerous like that.

Why can't sony take a page from apples book and approve homebrew to be on the PSN then once purchased it would work on OFW?

Of course I don't know how open source stuff would work in this situation except maybe the original creator could submit only.

Create HEN.... homebrew is now possible only to be locked out of PSN once again.

but not necessary run or launched so it's only hurting EVERYONE and affecting your bottom line by not supporting homebrew.

They already did that with 1.00 and 1.50 and look where it got them..

Also, Sony did allow homebrew and such, in the form of OtherOS, and someone exploited it.

Look up PSP Mini's, they aren't exactly made by super-billionare dev studios, I'm pretty sure Hellcat's making one.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

B2K24

They already did that with 1.00 and 1.50 and look where it got them..

They didn't intentionally support homebrew with those firmwares they rushed the PSP to the market with unstable and exploitable firmware to steal thunder from the NDS.

The 1.00 and 1.50 times were before Pandora and PSN so it doesn't relate with points I have made.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit

hate to burst your bubble, but emulators are no diffrent then iso loaders, so those are a no

anywho, i do agree sony should take a page out of apple's book, an affordable sdk where regular dev's can place their games on the PSN would defiantly increase the psp's worth to that near of the itouch imo

WalangAlam

RoBz: Roe's 6.20 fw has ISOs. Where can I find this? So It has an ISO loader and works on 6.20:w00t::p

Yes I agree. This exploit should stay on usermode. Don't release kmode and let the babies cry:cry::p

B2K24

hate to burst your bubble, but emulators are no diffrent then iso loaders, so those are a no

There is a difference between games still sold in retail channels today and old console systems that have been phased out that are no longer supported.

Developers are not supported by used game sales, only third party people are supported, so it does not hurt anyone to emulate NES, GB, Genesis, ETC.

Of course the law says differently but people are going to emulate regardless, no matter if it's on the PSP, PC, GP2x, Pandora.

I am all in favor in preservation of all the old work before it phases out to nothing.

My 5 year old daughter enjoys playing NES games and of course she was not alive when carts were sold in stores. so are you saying I'm in the wrong because I didn't spend $$$ on every cartridge ever made?

Should she miss out on that Gen because games are no longer sold?

There is no way to compensate the developers that made those things possible because studios have shutdown or people have moved on.

There is a HUGE difference between ISO loaders and emulation
They are not the same.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
There is a HUGE difference between ISO loaders and emulation
They are not the same.
tecnically no, thier is not, the only diffrence is one uses it's natural hardware to run games off the hdd(or ms in the case of the psp), where the other emulates the hardware to run games off the hdd without the original hardware, that is their only diffrence.

B2K24 said:
There is a difference between games still sold in retail channels today and old console systems that have been phased out that are no longer supported.
yes, their is, illegally obtaining a copy of a game is still theft

B2K24 said:
Developers are not supported by used game sales, only third party people
are supported, so it does not hurt anyone to emulate NES, GB, Genesis, ETC.
except for the third party u talked about...

B2K24 said:
I am all in favor in preservation of all the old work before it phases out to nothing.

My 5 year old daughter enjoys playing NES games and of course she was not alive when carts were sold in stores. so are you saying I'm in the wrong because I didn't spend $$$ on every cartridge ever made?

Should she miss out on that Gen because games are no longer sold?

There is no way to compensate the developers that made those things possible because studios have shutdown or people have moved on.
while i do agree that when the game/console loses retail capability's that piracy is the only answer, i am simply trying to state that emulation would be a means to that piracy, and for sony to support it would be a just asking for law suits up their asses from any company that is still around that is being emulated i.e. nintendo

Crank

Crank it up!

B2K24

for sony to support it would be a just asking for law suits up their asses from any company that is still around that is being emulated i.e. nintendo

I think Sony could and should support homebrew or at the very least give the attempt a trial run to see what would take place.

With the state of the market they way it is what would they really lose?

They would only gain big with such a move and the hunt for exploits would be all but over except, for those wanting ISO support in which case would leave a very small percentage left over hunting and trying to exploit, but in the end most would be satisfied and very happy.

They push out a firmware update that allows anything EBOOT.PBP to launch with minimal hardware access which restricts of course flashers, installers, ISO loaders etc.

They DON'T publicly announce hey you all can now run a ton of emulators
and play all your favorite games but instead have a webpage of recommended homebrew's that do not infringe on any copyrights.

I'm pretty sure no law suit could touch them and if one ever did, it's easy for them to roll out an update anyway, to undue the damage which would be good enough for any judge.

After all emulators actively get updated for PC and no one gets sued
examples PCSX2, MUPEN64, Yabause, PCSP, bsnes, VBA-M etc.

With all this talk as of late of taking features away from the PS3 this would be a hell of an announcement and would get everyone talking with excitement.

How many hundred of thousands would rush out and purchase PSP GO knowing they could have the best of both worlds?
How much more content would sell off the PSN if such dreams became reality? I'm willing to bet it would be HUGE.

I will never buy a GO until homebrew and PSN are fully supported and I know a lot of people who feel the same way.