• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP 6.20 Save Data Exploit Released. Hello World 6.20!E loader on the way

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
I think Sony could and should support homebrew or at the very least give the attempt a trial run to see what would take place.

With the state of the market they way it is what would they really lose?

They would only gain big with such a move and the hunt for exploits would be all but over except, for those wanting ISO support in which case would leave a very small percentage left over hunting and trying to exploit, but in the end most would be satisfied and very happy.

They push out a firmware update that allows anything EBOOT.PBP to launch with minimal hardware access which restricts of course flashers, installers, ISO loaders etc.

They DON'T publicly announce hey you all can now run a ton of emulators
and play all your favorite games but instead have a webpage of recommended homebrew's that do not infringe on any copyrights.

I'm pretty sure no law suit could touch them and if one ever did, it's easy for them to roll out an update anyway, to undue the damage which would be good enough for any judge.

After all emulators actively get updated for PC and no one gets sued
examples PCSX2, MUPEN64, Yabause, PCSP, bsnes, VBA-M etc.

With all this talk as of late of taking features away from the PS3 this would be a hell of an announcement and would get everyone talking with excitement.

How many hundred of thousands would rush out and purchase PSP GO knowing they could have the best of both worlds?
How much more content would sell off the PSN if such dreams became reality? I'm willing to bet it would be HUGE.

I will never buy a GO until homebrew and PSN are fully supported and I know a lot of people who feel the same way.

That's incredibly false. The vast majority want ISO's and don't give a rats ass about homebrew.

Also, those emulators don't get sued because they don't contain any copyrighted code.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
I think Sony could and should support homebrew or at the very least give the attempt a trial run to see what would take place.
i 100% agree, homebrew should be supported, your taking that last sentence and dropping out the word emulator, which if sony supported they can quite easily be sued for, on the pc side, m$ does not support them(nor any linux distro's), as well as the fact that user's have much much more freedom with pc's, their's no single supporting target to sue, it's a waste of time and as NoEffex said, it's not copyrighted code, also their's no way for any company to know a user uses an emulator, however with going through the PSN store, and allowing emulator's it's a clear display of their support of emulator's, any company would just have to ask sony for sale records on said emulator to clearly show sony themselves are allowing emulator's, and their selling it to their user's

They would only gain big with such a move and the hunt for exploits would be all but over except, for those wanting ISO support in which case would leave a very small percentage left over hunting and trying to exploit, but in the end most would be satisfied and very happy.

They push out a firmware update that allows anything EBOOT.PBP to launch with minimal hardware access which restricts of course flashers, installers, ISO loaders etc.

hahahaha, NO, plain and simple, as noeffex also pointed out, the vast majority of user's could care less about homebrew, especially those who have used iso loaders, this would also strip out plugin's, custom themes, and force user's to use the xmb over irshell, so don't even think that it'd stop people from trying to find exploits, case and point: itouch/phone

They DON'T publicly announce hey you all can now run a ton of emulators
and play all your favorite games but instead have a webpage of recommended homebrew's that do not infringe on any copyrights.
why would they not publicly announce it, because not saying it doesn't mean they didn't do it?!, recommended homebrew that do not infringe on any copyrights, hmm, so the user's can still get copyrighted software, yep perfectly logical=-)

I'm pretty sure no law suit could touch them and if one ever did, it's easy for them to roll out an update anyway, to undue the damage which would be good enough for any judge.
haha, you think a judge would say, "oh, it's ok, only the user's smart enough to not update can't use all those nice emulator's, and copy righted software u put on the psn store"...NO

After all emulators actively get updated for PC and no one gets sued
examples PCSX2, MUPEN64, Yabause, PCSP, bsnes, VBA-M etc.
again, u can deny user's of downloading said software, where's on the psp u have a single target, sony, and are in clear support when they add them to the PSN

With all this talk as of late of taking features away from the PS3 this would be a hell of an announcement and would get everyone talking with excitement.
so...now we are doing a public announcement, which is it?!

How many hundred of thousands would rush out and purchase PSP GO knowing they could have the best of both worlds?
How much more content would sell off the PSN if such dreams became reality? I'm willing to bet it would be HUGE.
boat loads more would sell when the psp becomes like an itouch with actual feel for input, but their's still lot's of restricitions, you don't get the best of both worlds, but you could get alot more homebrew games on the PSN

I will never buy a GO until homebrew and PSN are fully supported and I know a lot of people who feel the same way.
and that will never happen, it's a possibility for some to happen, but sony doesn't really care, so it will never happen

as i said, if they took a page out of apple's book, they'd make the psp into an amazing gaming device, but that won't stop people from wanting more, so by taking a stance against homebrew, sony doesn't have to worry about as many legal issues

Jimkill

Sony does support homebrew... It's called psp minis, people need to shut the hell up about wanting 'homebrew' and man up and just admit they want a damn iso loader.

B2K24

Sony does support homebrew... It's called psp minis, people need to shut the hell up about wanting 'homebrew' and man up and just admit they want a damn iso loader.

I don't want an ISO loader you idiot and obviously you didn't read any of this thread so why even reply.

You sound angry in your reply perhaps because YOU can't pirate anymore
HAHA I hope no more ISO loaders are EVER released again and even any CFW for that matter. Without Homebrew and PSN support all future releases are completely pointless IMO.

Jimkill

I don't want an ISO loader you idiot and obviously you didn't read any of this thread so why even reply.

You sound angry in your reply perhaps because YOU can't pirate anymore
HAHA I hope no more ISO loaders are EVER released again and even any CFW for that matter. Without Homebrew and PSN support all future releases are completely pointless IMO.

My post was not directed at you in any way... More at this joke of a 'scene' in general, I have never pirated games for my psp, and have no desire to do so. There are very few legitimate users on this board who actually want true 'homebrew' and a shitload of other noobs that continue to post 'can i load iso's with this?' Sony gave us psp minis, and if people like Wololo made wagic for it, you would truly have a homebrew 'scene' thats all i meant to say.

B2K24

OK, sorry I lashed out I apologize.
Never heard of PSP mini's before but, I assume they are available for purchase from PSN
which is too bad I can't access without losing homebrew ability.

As of right now as a consumer I have to look at which has the most fun factor since I'm forced too choose between the two, Homebrew wins because it's much more impressive then mini games.

I remember when Exophase released gPsP and posted on dcemu forums, Mathieulh had 1 post there and said in the gPsP thread that it was the most impressive homebrew at that time he had ever ran.

If the site wasn't down I would dig up the post and quote it here.

Many people that i speak too say the PSP doesn't have a large selection of very good games. Also, a lot of people have said their PSP's are in a drawer collecting dust.
Iso loaders are of no concern and I personally don't care because game releases have slowed way down and I always have bought my games. I don't have a desire to play the entire library because most of the games don't really look interesting compared to what homebrew offers and how awesome PS1 was and is to play.

Emulators and homebrew are the most fun thing on the PSP IMO next to PS1 games so hopefully Sony will change it's stance because Homebrew will always be #1 and I would like to buy content from PSN as well.

elite

Oldie moldie
Actually, the PSP minis are up to the competition when compared to homebrew. You can't judge between those two since you didn't fully experiment the minis. However, there will always be emulators that Sony wouldn't offer.

Well the PSP has a nice library. It doesn't have to be large to make the PSP although it is quite noticeable. The interval of time between the release of good quality games has been increased (2005<2010). In the other hand, Sony is trying hard to boost PSP Go performance by the tense game line ups that we saw this month and hopefully in the upcoming ones.

xqtftqx

I'm sorry here, but you guys are pathetic.

All the people begging for this so they can run homebrew are retarded. Sell your PSP, and buy an iPod Touch. Almost every single homebrew made for the PSP, has an equivalent on Apples App Store. In truth, you know you want to steal games, even thought you wont admit it.

Look at this way, Sony released a PSP Go!, so you wouldn't have to carry your umds around, yet you are all still begging for an ISO Loader. Sad thing is, there is people that would pay $100 for a ISO Loader, to play "backups". And instead they could sell there psp and get a Go.

You guys are calling Team Typhoon a bunch of fags, idiots, bullies, etc for showing off that it is possible to run cfw on a psp Go!. Ive personally talked to Davee, he may be one of the nicest and most willing to help people Ive met on the internet.

P.S., Please don't quote this post with some excuse about how you need homebrew, as nobody cares and its just proving you more of an idiot then you were before.

Now I buy a go and transfer my UMD games to it.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
I'm sorry here, but you guys are pathetic.

All the people begging for this so they can run homebrew are retarded. Sell your PSP, and buy an iPod Touch. Almost every single homebrew made for the PSP, has an equivalent on Apples App Store. In truth, you know you want to steal games, even thought you wont admit it.

Look at this way, Sony released a PSP Go!, so you wouldn't have to carry your umds around, yet you are all still begging for an ISO Loader. Sad thing is, there is people that would pay $100 for a ISO Loader, to play "backups". And instead they could sell there psp and get a Go.

You guys are calling Team Typhoon a bunch of fags, idiots, bullies, etc for showing off that it is possible to run cfw on a psp Go!. Ive personally talked to Davee, he may be one of the nicest and most willing to help people Ive met on the internet.

P.S., Please don't quote this post with some excuse about how you need homebrew, as nobody cares and its just proving you more of an idiot then you were before.

heh, and it's not like people don't jailbreak their touch's/phones to get free games, the itouch scene is no diffrent than the psp scene, people want everything for free, we already know that, so thanks for pointing out the obvious=-)

xqtftqx

Never said a word about jail breaking. Sure my iTouch is jailbroken, i just tinker with all my things. Thats just the way i am.

Im trying to make the point that none of the noobs here use it for real homebrew, which they can already get for free on an iTouch. They want to steal games. If your gonna steal, at least be bad ass and go steal it from a store. That way i can watch you get caught instead of doing it from a computer

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Never said a word about jail breaking. Sure my iTouch is jailbroken, i just tinker with all my things. Thats just the way i am.

Im trying to make the point that none of the noobs here use it for real homebrew, which they can already get for free on an iTouch. They want to steal games. If your gonna steal, at least be bad ass and go steal it from a store. That way i can watch you get caught instead of doing it from a computer

and as i said, we already know that, good job pointing out the obvious=-)

B2K24

Im trying to make the point that none of the noobs here use it for real homebrew, which they can already get for free on an iTouch.

Your a damn moron The psp has much more homebrew than itouch
Have fun running PCEP, CPS1,CPS2, MVSPSP, on your itouch

RoBz

sucker
RoBz: Roe's 6.20 fw has ISOs. Where can I find this? So It has an ISO loader and works on 6.20:w00t::p

Yes I agree. This exploit should stay on usermode. Don't release kmode and let the babies cry:cry::p

it is a secret release for now...but try google around maybe

B2K24

Why do people fight about this crap all the time - nothing constructive gets done on the psp forums anymore. I bought my PSP 3000 in april, and anything interesting only happened because Davee's HEN was about to be released, which many people thought would lead to an iso loader, and that was the wrong reason to be excited about it - iso loaders have destroyed the PSP's games sales, so sony need to release a new console, that has no connotations to the original, so people will think of it differently to something that'll just be 'hacked'.

Like I have said for the past 2 pages if Sony supports homebrew then the ISO problem goes away.
Sony has the most knowledge about the PSP hardware and workings of the unit

so if homebrew was supported with minimal hardware access locking out flashers, installers, ISO loaders, ETC. there would be no need to have ever released a HEN in the first place.

If Sony ever did create an OFW that was very difficult to exploit but allowed homebrew and PSN it would appeal to many people. Sony could disable the ISO drivers when homebrew is launched or in fact there is several ways they could go about defeating launching backup games while allowing homebrew.

Since most skilled Developers are against piracy there would be no reason to exploit the firmware and there would be no one left skilled enough to release an ISO loader unless a select few got lucky.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Like I have said for the past 2 pages if Sony supports homebrew then the ISO problem goes away.
Sony has the most knowledge about the PSP hardware and workings of the unit
how many times must we say, no it won't, apple is the perfect example, a cheap sdk, 1000's of dev's developing for it, 1000's of free games, people still jailbreak it, it ain't ganna go away!, in fact it'd probably move intrest back to the psp scene, causing even more people to want to find exploits

so if homebrew was supported with minimal hardware access locking out flashers, installers, ISO loaders, ETC. there would be no need to have ever released a HEN in the first place.
no
If Sony ever did create an OFW that was very difficult to exploit but allowed homebrew and PSN it would appeal to many people. Sony could disable the ISO drivers when homebrew is launched or in fact there is several ways they could go about defeating launching backup games while allowing homebrew.
again...no
Since most skilled Developers are against piracy there would be no reason to exploit the firmware and there would be no one left skilled enough to release an ISO loader unless a select few got lucky.
yet, their are those who still would...

Hellcat

Contributor
B2K24 has a point there, even if a small one, and slicer's point is unfortunately way larger.

It WOULD draw some HB devs away from wanting to hack the OFW, since there are really some who just want to be able to have their own stuff running on the PSP.

However, not ALL, and it's like the replicators from Stargate - as long as as there is ONE left, the war is still lost, so basically there's always too many left that still want to hack the device.

And don't forget about #1 TOP reason for hacking.
It's not 'cause you want to enable HB or achieve fame.... it's the challange, the "can I do this, can I beat this little bugger" and the final "why? because I can!" - THAT, you will NEVER be able to remove from the equation.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
However, not ALL, and it's like the replicators from Stargate - as long as as there is ONE left, the war is still lost, so basically there's always too many left that still want to hack the device.
damn little buggers, although replicators wiping out the Asgard would have been a more fitting end then, "o were just ganna die now" end