• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

2.71 (ta-082 and ta-086) Downgrader {Release} Corruption free ~

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i followed your steps upto running the 1.5updater. But when I run the 1.5updater, A message shows up that says:

Current key 5 first longword id 0x436c6b67.
1.50 will not run on a TA-082/86 PSP with this setting.
Press x to alter the key, press o to exit.

Now I'm stuck, What should I do??? HELP!
Thanks in advance...

Press X, then it will say 1.50 works

GundamS

Thank You Very Much :)

I followed your steps and it worked perfectly!

Thank you again, and thanks Dark_Alex, Chilly Willy and all who made this possible!

Running 3.10 OE-A smoothly. Tis truely a great day :D

futuremoves

Successful Upgrade!! Now how to revert back to original 2.71?

Yes, this program is spot on! I followed the steps and successfully downgraded my 2.71 PSP. Now running 3.03oe-c :cool:

A little help though. How can I revert back to my original 2.71 firmware? Do I need to change the Ta082/86 key back? This guide mentioned an additional file needed that's not included for the sake of NOOBS. Where do I find the file or what is the name?

Thanks

futuremoves

Help?

Ok. I would like to do it because I purchased the PSP a few days before the price drop :-( I would like to return this PSP to the store and buy a second hand one off Ebay for much less. I'm thinking it's as easy as using the Update x.y.z to take me down to 1.5 and then use the official Sony 2.71 firmware to restore. The PSP i have has the Ta-082/86 motherboard so I had to change the key for the downgrade. I was wandering if I should change it back after the 2.71 upgrade since I'm returning it to the store.

Thanks

XsavioR

its theoretically possible , but i dont believe any one has outlined the methods to reinstall sony fw. I for one am not interusted in trying it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ok. I would like to do it because I purchased the PSP a few days before the price drop :-( I would like to return this PSP to the store and buy a second hand one off Ebay for much less. I'm thinking it's as easy as using the Update x.y.z to take me down to 1.5 and then use the official Sony 2.71 firmware to restore. The PSP i have has the Ta-082/86 motherboard so I had to change the key for the downgrade. I was wandering if I should change it back after the 2.71 upgrade since I'm returning it to the store.

Thanks

there's no need to downgrade back to the official FW .. stores don't check that.

if you still want to do it though its very easy.. follow my instructions here but use the 2.71 update instead of the 1.5:
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?p=2961#post2961

futuremoves

A million Thanks!!!!!

x3sphere,

It worked like a charm :D I spent hours researching and was getting no where. I checked back on the forum and voila.....the answer. I had thought of trying this myself but I couldn't find any confirmation that anyone else had done it so I didn't want to chance the brickage. Successfully back to 2.71 and headed back to the store thanks to you :cool:

gothdom

Can we revert the idstorage changes after that? I'd like to return completely to the original Ta-082 keys while running 2.71 FW

XsavioR

Mind if i ask why you would want to do that? People dont seem to understand , the ability to return the idstorage is for IF sony ever does something to make their FW not suck. Returning to stock ids and FW is kinda comprable to hitting the psp with a hammer.

gothdom

Because I want to use it with the PS3's fonction, but because of the custom firmware and the key changed it won't recognize the psp.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Can we revert the idstorage changes after that? I'd like to return completely to the original Ta-082 keys while running 2.71 FW

They only way to be sure you're reverting to the original keys is to dump the original keys before downgrading, then write them back after reverting back with somthing like IdStorage Manager.

Other than that, you can "fix" the keys using the keys of a stock PSP similar to your own and a program like KeyCleaner.

Revert to 2.71, then run KeyCleaner with HEND. That leaves just key 5 in the "patched" state. You can then revert key 5 by running the 1.5 Enabler from the corruption-free 2.71 downgrader package via HEND, then use the hidden "revert" feature - when on the screen that says the PSP has been 1.5 enabled, press SQUARE and it will undue the 1.5 patching. You'll be back on the screen saying a TA-082/86 can't run with the keys as they are.

That would be as close to original as you can get without having a dump of the original keys.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Because I want to use it with the PS3's fonction, but because of the custom firmware and the key changed it won't recognize the psp.

You might try just using key cleaner first. The problem with the PS3 is probably the USB issue people got from the 2.71 downgrader... after running the initial idstoragechanger app, the PSP had the wrong USB manufacturer ID. KeyCleaner can clean that up. After cleaning the keys, I'd bet the PS3 works with the custom firmware just fine.

gothdom

I tried, it said I needed to do it from the memstick... since I'm no computer whiz, I think I can't do anything from here on. (I don't know what to do from that point)

wil_sutton

NO Brickage, but problems...

Trying to get to 1.5 from a TA-082 2.71 FW...

First of all, (maybe I'm a moron, but) I don't seem to have an MS_Root folder. I have an MP_root folder and a PSP folder showing on the root drive (along with a couple of other files). I replaced the PSP folder on my newly formatted memstick with the PSP folder with the updates. No damage, but no joy.

Every time I attempt to run RAND under photos, the system freezes up. Remove power, and everything comes back up exactly as it should... no problems, and still showing FW 2.71. Any ideas?

I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong... I've been holding off on updating firmware all together, but I just picked up a LocationFree unit, and 2.8 is required. I'd rather have a custom firmware that is compatible with the LocationFree than upgrade to the latest Sony issued FW. I don't want to shoot myself in the foot and lose my access to all those great homebrew apps.

Also, would I be totally f-ing myself if I found a Sony release of FW 2.8, just long enough to get my LocationFree working?

thanks for your thoughts,
W

XsavioR

Trying to get to 1.5 from a TA-082 2.71 FW...

First of all, (maybe I'm a moron, but) I don't seem to have an MS_Root folder.
Ms root is your memory stick. that means copy the contents of the folder to the memory stick

Correctly installing CFW now is the way to go. Be patient. Seems you have made a minor error.
Loc free Is working now in 3.30 oe. so just be patient work it threw.

wil_sutton

That Rocks!

Thanks for everything, Navi... I hadn't copied ALL of the files. Guess I'm terribly fortunate I didn't really screw things up, but it's working like a champ now... I'm all set for 3.30 OE!

You guys rock!
W