• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

2.71 (ta-082 and ta-086) Downgrader {Release} Corruption free ~

Chilly Willy

Contributor
good day guys. such informative thread.
i have a 2.71 ta-082 psp i'm trying to downgrade to 1.5FW.
i was able to follow copying the files to my 128mb memory stick.
problem is everytime i run HEND, i got the blue and then the red screen...
tried about more than 20 times.
i never was able to get a green screen... could i be missing something...
also tried using a 1G memmory stick but to no avail, same problem...

Some folks have found that setting a custom wallpaper helps. I had a custom wallpaper and never had any trouble getting eLoader or HEN to work. Others report that the wallpaper means you only have to try three or four times instead of 30 or 40 times.

bornzen

@cheezeball66
i'd like to document my situation for future reference...

@chilly willy
thanks for the input sir...
thanks for all these stuff...

bornzen

just downgraded my ta-082 2.71FW today... about 2 minutes ago...
using this downgrade instructions...
no glitch...
all went well...
thank you for this thread...
xsavior, chilly willy

Danno

Downgraded succesfully!

Thanks for this XsavioR, and the rest of you.
I was able to downgrade very easy, following your steps.

I liked that voice of the 1.5 enabler. "Please run this before downgrading"
Nice work Chilly Willy!

datelus

Hey guys.
Just bought psp couple of days ago, and now im trying to get 1.5. I have the right motherboard and 2.71 ive checked lot of times, so no problem there.
the problem is: When i want to view the herd image, it shows blue and sometimes after that green screen and reboots. and when i run the 1.5 it shows
you cannot press x to alter keys, donot continue till it says your settings will run 1.5

and now i can press X but im afraid it will brick my psp, so what to do, maybe someone had the same issue, but now its solved? thnx.

the exact text: Current key 5 first longword is 0x436c6b67
1.5 will not run on a ta-082/86 with this setting.
press x to alter the key on press o to exit. what to do?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey guys.
Just bought psp couple of days ago, and now im trying to get 1.5. I have the right motherboard and 2.71 ive checked lot of times, so no problem there.
the problem is: When i want to view the herd image, it shows blue and sometimes after that green screen and reboots. and when i run the 1.5 it shows
you cannot press x to alter keys, donot continue till it says your settings will run 1.5

and now i can press X but im afraid it will brick my psp, so what to do, maybe someone had the same issue, but now its solved? thnx.

the exact text: Current key 5 first longword is 0x436c6b67
1.5 will not run on a ta-082/86 with this setting.
press x to alter the key on press o to exit. what to do?

Yes, you need to press X.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Anything that writes the flash has the potential to brick your PSP. However, a decently written app will only have the slimmest chance imaginable of actually doing so. The warning is there to make sure that people understand that messing with the firmware is serious business. Just because the odds are greatly against a brick doesn't mean it'll NEVER happen - bricks do occur, though rarely, and the warnings are mainly to scare people into reading more on the topic before doing anything so that they don't make foolish mistakes.

lilazeonboa

question

Hey!

Thnx for posting a tutorial. I understand everthing from it, but I have a problem of downgrading. I format my MS and put everything back to default. When i d/l the downgrader, it says that i need to copy MS_ROOT folder so i could put it inside my psp, but in my MS, I have a MP_ROOT folder. I dont know what to do. Should I change the name of mp_root into ms_root? I need help..please:sad:

Thnx

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Nope, what it means is that everything INSIDE of the MS_ROOT folder should go into the root directory of your Memstick. Meaning IF your Memstick comes up as the F:\ drive, then you would copy everything INSIDE of the MS_ROOT folder to your F:\ drive. Hopefully that made sense.:smile:

lilazeonboa

..Well kind of...

I'm saying in my MS stick, I have the MP_ROOT folder. The downgrader that i installed has MS_ROOT. It says i need to copy the MS_ROOT folder into my psp, but i realized that in my psp, it says MP_ROOT instead of MS_ROOT. Do i have to change the name of that folder so it could be the same as MP_ROOT or should i just drag it in there?...

thnx for helping tho

Cheezeball99

..Well kind of...

I'm saying in my MS stick, I have the MP_ROOT folder. The downgrader that i installed has MS_ROOT. It says i need to copy the MS_ROOT folder into my psp, but i realized that in my psp, it says MP_ROOT instead of MS_ROOT. Do i have to change the name of that folder so it could be the same as MP_ROOT or should i just drag it in there?...

thnx for helping tho

And I'm saying that you drag the content OF the MS_ROOT folder ONTO your memstick. You drag the PSP folder, systemctrl.prx, pspbtknf_updater.txt, pspbtknf_game.txt, and the rest of them onto the memstick. It has nothing to do with the MP_ROOT folder. I didn't mean for that to sound mean, sorry if it came out that way.:sad:

lilazeonboa

thnx i got it now...thnx for the help Cheezeball =)

i wonder....i try to install hend.. whats it mean when the screen bcome blue...i turn off then turn it back on and it did the intro sony thingy....am i doin it right?

Nvm got it lol

but wha it means to execute 1.5 enabler?

Cheezeball99

AAH nvm!!! I finally got it ....thnx alot Cheezeball...thnx for the tutorial!!!
sheez i got it!!!!

thnx all

No problem! Sorry I didn't respond to your last posts, I was asleep.:p

ashino

having problem

i got a 2.71 ta-082 psp and i did the step you said but i always get the blue screen . should i wait when the blue screen starts or turn the psp off and open it then try again or what ? please someone help :sad:

Roe

If you have a 2.71 se-c then there is no need to downgrade. Just upgrade to the fw you want directly from it

Roe

No what I mean is that you can upgrade to the latest custom firmware directly through this guide HERE without downgrading your PSP to version 1.50

ashino

No what I mean is that you can upgrade to the latest custom firmware directly through this guide HERE without downgrading your PSP to version 1.50

is 3.52M33 like 1.50 meaning that will it make all the game i download form the net work? becouse you know i want 1.50 so i can play those games .