• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

2.71 (ta-082 and ta-086) Downgrader {Release} Corruption free ~

XsavioR

nah you followed the directions... Not much can go wrong when you do that much. the directions said you would see a colored screen , you didnt you asked... you got sorted. :)

wil_sutton

Either way, I appreciate the help. I'm up to 3.30 OE-A and everything seems to be working like a champ, except the LocFree... the icon doesn't seem to do anything... I'm still working on that. I'd hate to think I dropped the money on the locfree when i could have gotten a Slingbox for the same money. Slingbox is a better device, but with no PSP support... only reason I went Sony instead in the first place...

oh well... at least locfree works on my laptop...
W

coyboy

...except the LocFree... the icon doesn't seem to do anything...

Dark_Alex removed the Location Free functionality form the Open Edition Firmware. The only way to use Location free player is to use official Sony firmware. Hopefully we will see this feature return in a future update.

coyboy

not true

Loc free is removed from <3.30 oe

Loc free was reenabled in 3.30 oe.....

Sony firmware is for losers ... Nothing is better then oe.... NOTHING

There is absolutely no reason to use sony firmware.......none

I stand corrected. and LOL @ Sony firmware is for losers.

wil_sutton

Actually, if I understand the structure properly, 3.30 OE-A doesn't have LocFree added back. The icon is there but it doesn't do anything. I looked in the flash0/vsh/resource and /module folders, and the lftv files are not there. I tried adding them back per the instructions found Here:

http://www.psp-vault.com/module-pnForum-viewtopic-topic-6538-start-0.psp

but it didn't work properly. Perhaps I did something wrong. Has anyone actually been able to USE LocFree under 3.30 OE-A? Maybe I didn't get a good flash... who knows.

I would appreciate any ideas... I'm thinking maybe of going to 3.03 OE and adding back the files as described above... We'll see...

Thanks,
W

wil_sutton

run devhook , emu sony fw and then it will work :)

I've had a few issues getting devhook .51 to run on 3.30 OE-A, but I think that's been my fault so far. I'm working on that, though... The newer LocFree (I use LF-B20) is supposed to run on Sony FW 2.8 or better, so that should do the trick...

Like I said, I'm also working with some other folks to dump the Japanese language file to make room, then add back LocFree to 3.30 OE-A FW permanently. This is supposed to work with 3.02-3.03, but I guess I'm the first guinea pig on 3.30... at least the only one publishing results of attempts so far... ;)

take it easy, all
W

Infoseeker

Heya thanks for the files. I just bought a new psp and it already has 2.71 on it.
I got a TA-082 it seems; having IC1003 showing from under the game cover.

I've run your steps through, and reached the Rand part. When trying to run Rand from under Photos:
--Just getting the cursor over Rand starts it (I never hit X to run Rand yet) I get a red flickering screen---> then a blue stagnant screen---> after I either have the psp shut itself down or reset itself.

I've tried it again and it just always gives me a blue screen when I put the cursor over Rand. Once, once I've had the green screen but the psp reset itself after.

I've formatted my memory card and reset the default settings and started over, but it only repeats.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Once, once I've had the green screen but the psp reset itself after.

That means it was successful.. after displaying the green screen, it should do a soft reset and return back to the XMB. Then you have to run the 1.5 enabler.

bornzen

good day guys. such informative thread.
i have a 2.71 ta-082 psp i'm trying to downgrade to 1.5FW.
i was able to follow copying the files to my 128mb memory stick.
problem is everytime i run HEND, i got the blue and then the red screen...
tried about more than 20 times.
i never was able to get a green screen... could i be missing something...
also tried using a 1G memmory stick but to no avail, same problem...

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
good day guys. such informative thread.
i have a 2.71 ta-082 psp i'm trying to downgrade to 1.5FW.
i was able to follow copying the files to my 128mb memory stick.
problem is everytime i run HEND, i got the blue and then the red screen...
tried about more than 20 times.
i never was able to get a green screen... could i be missing something...
also tried using a 1G memmory stick but to no avail, same problem...

Only thing to say, man, is, well, keep tryin', there have been people that have had to try 100's of times, if I'm not mistaken. Have you freshly formatted the memsticks, and reverted your PSP to 'Factory Settings'?

bornzen

@cheezeball99, yes i have formatted and restore to factory setting...
after trying to look for answers on this site...
i found one at the help site...
>> took out the UMD and tried it again
no sweat, it went straight to the green screen...
thanks for the help...
i haven't proceed with the downgrade, i'd like to document this for referral...
thanks again guys...
such a great and informative site...

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
i haven't proceed with the downgrade, i'd like to document this for referral...

No prob, man, but by this do you mean you'd like a FAQ for the actual downgrading, or you would like to document your situation for future reference?