• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

2.71 (ta-082 and ta-086) Downgrader {Release} Corruption free ~

Roe

Well we dont support piracy here so dont talk about downloading games from the net. But yes you can play ISOs of your PSP games

ashino

Well we dont support piracy here so dont talk about downloading games from the net. But yes you can play ISOs of your PSP games

sorry i didnt know i dont support piracy either. ok now you helped alot thank you very much but one more thing the Guide starts from 1.50 to 3.52M33 so i didnt anderstand ,can you make it easy ? please

Roe

you just follow the guide from step 2 on and it will work for your firmware

Hellfire

After around 2 months of pondering weather i should downgrade my psp or not....I FINALLY DID IT!! Currently running 1.5 FW :D

I just created this account to thank you guys for putting so much effort into this thing AND making it as user friendly as possible for n00bs like me! So thanks again! 8)

EDIT: Successfully installed CFW 3.52 M33 :D

takingback

Hey all,

The first time I tried HenD worked fine, but when i ran the 1.50 then a message came on saying "game could not be started"

So i reset to default and formatted my mem stick. Now whenever i use HenD the screen goes black instead of green/red... any ideas?

Cheers in advance

Acerthief

if the screen goes black, and not green, then the HEND has failed to load. that's it:)
keep trying until the green screen comes out, i tried 146 times to succeed. Good Luck!

takingback

aww. hehe

Its really annoying cos it went red first time, then green the next, and now it either stalls on blue or turns black.

I will keep trying ;)

takingback

200 times later... its just going black when i run it.

never goes green or red anymore like it used to.

I will keep trying though.

would updating to 1.80 or 3.03 and using that downgrader help at all?

cheers.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
200 times later... its just going black when i run it.

never goes green or red anymore like it used to.

I will keep trying though.

would updating to 1.80 or 3.03 and using that downgrader help at all?

cheers.

First of all, make sure all the HEND files are in the proper place. The most common reason HEN fails is the people copy the picture files, but not the files that go into the root of the memstick. Format the memstick clean, then copy ALL the files to the proper places. You should have six files from the archive that wind up in the root of the memstick.

Assuming that's all correct, one thing that help many people is to set a custom wallpaper. People who tried it 30 or 40 times without success report success after 3 or 4 tries with a custom wallpaper.

takingback

Have done all that a few times and still goes black.

Like it has gone green and red before but for some reason now it doesnt.

Im now trying just to format it each time it doesnt work and copy them and try again and on the 3rd attempt it flashed red first, then went blue, then black... : /

Acerthief

when you get a green screen, and the PSP reboots back to the XMB, then it's very well succeeded. when you get the green screen and it reboots back, check if it says 2.71 HEND (or HENC) in the system version. if it does, don't close your PSP! proceed with the downgrading.

takingback

yes i know that. The only time it went green it didnt have that though.

To make sure i am was doing it perfectly, i looked at a video and downloaded the executable that puts the file in for you... still the same black screen after blue.

Ill keep trying and hope the screen colour doesnt go black at some point.

thanks.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
worked first time on 2.80.

Thanks alot for the help.

It's a little odd that one version works better than another for some people. 2.71 worked the first time when I tried it back when I first downgraded. But that's what comes from having to rely on an exploit. If Sony would just allow homebrew, it wouldn't be an issue.