• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.10 OE-A' Released

CBones

3.00 to 3.10OE-A2

Hello, I have the original sony 3.00 firmware installed. How can I go with the 3.10OE-A2
and what would be the steps to get there?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Fflemming

changing icons w/ fw 3.10 oe-a'

some1 knows how can i change the xmb icons in fw 3.10 oe-a'?

there's a way to do that?

all the best!

magicgmc

Problem with Video-UMD /Region Code in 3.03OE-C

Hi everybody,

I'll try to discribe my problem shortly but first here's what I've got:

PSP bought in Thailand in 2006

By the serial number it's a psp1006 with that badassboard (that almost unpimpable ta-082, but thx to Dark Alex !!!:eek: :rolleyes: :cool: :D :) ;) Yeah, right, finally I got it pimped from (bought with) 2.60 to 2.71, experimented something with Hen-D and stuff) and then went to 3.03 OE-A and to OE-C within the next days (once again Alex was extremly quick back in those daze...;) )

The Problem-UMD: A VideoUMD, King of Queens,first season, Episodes 1-5, Region Code2

Sure, the UMD wont run when my PSP was unpimped. It didn't want to run when it was pimped to 2.71HenD. And it still does so, now under 3.03OE-C... I ran through the Recoverymenu and tried to change some entries (e.g. Regioncode free = enabled, Fake Region = Europe and stuff). But (it should say 'butt' here...) still my PSP wont show the UMD, saying 'The disc could not start. The region code is not correct'.

So - to say it not at least with that guy's, Punk Floyd or stuff, words:
IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE who can help me with this issue ?
I'd be very happy for any help - so plz do not hesitate to write it all down.

thx a lot
magicgmc

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi everybody,

I'll try to discribe my problem shortly but first here's what I've got:

PSP bought in Thailand in 2006

By the serial number it's a psp1006 with that badassboard (that almost unpimpable ta-082, but thx to Dark Alex !!!:eek: :rolleyes: :cool: :D :) ;) Yeah, right, finally I got it pimped from (bought with) 2.60 to 2.71, experimented something with Hen-D and stuff) and then went to 3.03 OE-A and to OE-C within the next days (once again Alex was extremly quick back in those daze...;) )

The Problem-UMD: A VideoUMD, King of Queens,first season, Episodes 1-5, Region Code2

Sure, the UMD wont run when my PSP was unpimped. It didn't want to run when it was pimped to 2.71HenD. And it still does so, now under 3.03OE-C... I ran through the Recoverymenu and tried to change some entries (e.g. Regioncode free = enabled, Fake Region = Europe and stuff). But (it should say 'butt' here...) still my PSP wont show the UMD, saying 'The disc could not start. The region code is not correct'.

So - to say it not at least with that guy's, Punk Floyd or stuff, words:
IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE who can help me with this issue ?
I'd be very happy for any help - so plz do not hesitate to write it all down.

thx a lot
magicgmc

The region code option is for enabling region-specific features such as PTV or PlayStation Spot. It does not bypass the UMD video region check.

However, a future OE release is planned to resolve this.

check this thread for other info:
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=911

Fisayo26

PSP GAMES FILES

I downloaded two games Def Jam Fight for ny the takeover and metal gear solid-portable ops. the games are in the following formats: pgs-def.001 - 0.43 and for metal gear solid portable ops is: .ioftpd,.ioftpd.me,.ioftpd.zs,a-mgsops,sfv and a-mgsops.001-.043. When I tried using umdgen to create an iso,the psp did not recogizie it. What software should i use if not umdgen.

KaKistoZ

well no because if you need the keys.bin and its not there your game wouldn't start. Maybe that was your problem with PSX2PSP though.

which games are you trying?

I've tried Chrono Cross and Legend of Mana. Both of them freeze, but if you take som different choices/routes in Chrono Cross, you'll be able to "outsmart the freeze", although that makes no fun at all... :(

No, I haven't attempted to "fix" the eboots myself, since I haven't got the faintest idea as how to do so, heheh... :eek:

What do you mean about it being the problem with PSX2PSP? :confused: sorry for being such a tard-ass, I'm just really noob when it comes to eboot making, but I'm learning... :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I've tried Chrono Cross and Legend of Mana. Both of them freeze, but if you take som different choices/routes in Chrono Cross, you'll be able to "outsmart the freeze", although that makes no fun at all... :(

No, I haven't attempted to "fix" the eboots myself, since I haven't got the faintest idea as how to do so, heheh... :eek:

What do you mean about it being the problem with PSX2PSP? :confused: sorry for being such a tard-ass, I'm just really noob when it comes to eboot making, but I'm learning... :)

well you said that your games wouldn't start when converting with PSX2PSP, that's probably because you needed the keys.bin in the folder along with the eboot.

Anyways.. I don't think its the converting that is an issue here, its just that the games freeze up due to emulator bugs. When you say choosing different routes etc avoids the freeze thats exactly the same problem I had in RE3.

What I would try doing is test the games out with different popstation versions using Popsloader (link below). Sometimes the older versions work better for certain games (however this wasn't the case with RE3, but I know for others like FF7 the 3.02 pops works better).

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=482

lalomorales

3.03 OE-C problem with .iso file

I tried copying GTA VCS .iso file onto the psp. I copied it into GAME150 folder and it froze up after about 2 minutes of loading. Anyone else having this problem?

Im running 3.03 OE-C ..

Can anyone tell me whats the reason for the 3 folders PSP/GAME, PSP/GAME150, PSP/game303 ?????????????

where do i save popstation folder to?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
UMD games go in "X:/ISO", not GAME150.

about the game folders, GAME150 is used for 1.5 kernel homebrew (which is basically 90% of all homebrew apps), then the GAME303 is used for 3.03 kernel homebrew.

PS1 games go in the regular GAME folder.

lalomorales

When i try to play most of the iso games, they load up fine but then they freeze. Once i clicked enable autosave feature on fightnight 07.. it froze up. should i wait for longer than 5-10 minutes for the game to load? emulators go in the game150 folder right? im usin 303oec firmware.

im thinking my memory card is the problem.. i cant figure out why none of the games i have copied into the iso folder havent worked... all of them have frozen up on me.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Try turning off NO-UMD (after you've done this make sure you have any UMD in the drive), and plain modules.

All those settings can be found in the recovery menu (hold R during boot). If the above settings still don't fix your problems, all signs point to a fake memory stick.

and yes, emulators go in GAME150.

Fflemming

where's dark alex?

hi x3sphere,
do you know in what dark-alex and his team are working now? a new fw? new pluggins?

i'm looking foward for news... :D

thanx!!

All the best!!

mill3745

How?

well, i just upgraded about 2 mins ago and i checked the whole Firmware and recovery menu and everything is ok!!! (its a first for me that everything is working 100% XD.

How do i do it...ive downloaded 3.10 oe on to my pc but dont know what to do with it can some1 helpp..!!!!:confused:

mill3745

What do i do

I dont know how to like actually put th files onto th psp in th rite way... Ive downloaded 3.10 oe on my pc but now i dont know what to do.???????? Please help:cool:

KaKistoZ

well you said that your games wouldn't start when converting with PSX2PSP, that's probably because you needed the keys.bin in the folder along with the eboot.

Anyways.. I don't think its the converting that is an issue here, its just that the games freeze up due to emulator bugs. When you say choosing different routes etc avoids the freeze thats exactly the same problem I had in RE3.

What I would try doing is test the games out with different popstation versions using Popsloader (link below). Sometimes the older versions work better for certain games (however this wasn't the case with RE3, but I know for others like FF7 the 3.02 pops works better).

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=482

Thanx mate!! :D

How do I install the plugin? Are there any install-instructions included? I heard about these plugins... Are there more neat plugins such as this? I remember reading something about a plugin that allows you to use a mini-pin to mini-pin USB cable to share data, or was that sharing via WLAN?