• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.10 OE-A' Released

Walker

3.10 a' error in loading games

Hi !!!

i am using the 3.10 firmwar on my psp and many are not loading on it.
luxor (work fine in 3.03c)
TMNT
X men alliance

-----> i have deseable using umd, the game load but after few second the game freeze or i get a black screen.
i also note that some psx game don't load on this firmware ( thunder force V ....)

do you have solution to solve this problem?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i try Jeanne Darc on 3.10oe-a, it is able to load, and play but when i try to cast a spell or use a item in the game, the game would hang and stop there i try lot of time the same thing happen again and again. this game is able to play last time when i use devhook. can devhook work with 3.10oe-a , i really hope the next update would solve this porblem

you can use devhook on 3.10 OE-A, but have you installed the OE-A2 update here? It may fix your problem..

Walker: Have you tried disabling plain modules too? and try a different memory stick.. a user here had a bunch of games not working and turns out that his memory stick was faulty.

Stoopidhater

Hey I'm kinda new at this, my PSP currently has 3.03OE-C running on it and I'd like to upgrade to 3.10OE-A but I'm not sure how as all the instructions I see are for upgrading from 1.5. (as in they work from the perspective of having 1.5 firmware) and I was just wondering what (if any) changes are to be made if I try upgrading.

For example,

1. First, download the official Sony PSP 1.50 Firmware and 3.10 Firmware
2. Rename the 1.50 Firmware to 150.PBP, and the 3.10 firmware to 310.PBP.

Should I replace anything that says "1.50" to "3.03OE-C"? Or can I just proceed.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey I'm kinda new at this, my PSP currently has 3.03OE-C running on it and I'd like to upgrade to 3.10OE-A but I'm not sure how as all the instructions I see are for upgrading from 1.5. (as in they work from the perspective of having 1.5 firmware) and I was just wondering what (if any) changes are to be made if I try upgrading.

For example,

Should I replace anything that says "1.50" to "3.03OE-C"? Or can I just proceed.

no, definitely not. the install process is the same if you are on 3.03 OE-C, so just follow the instructions as normal.

Walker

Walker: Have you tried disabling plain modules too? and try a different memory stick

i have diseable the module and try to load on another memory stick (originaly sony 2 Go) the result is the same on the game below :
- X-men alliance
- Luxor

after few seconds, they game is frozen on the load screen.

xEo_

Hi to all,

I'm newbie in this scene, and I have a lot of problems with this update, I will give to you a little preface for you can give me a better help.

My PSP was an TA082 with 2.71 with MS 4Gb SONY Pro High Speed, and I downgrade to 1.50 OK, immediately i Update it to 3.03 OE-A, and next to 3.03 OE-C and next to 3.10 OE-A, and 3.10 OE-A', (I have made all this updates without play) and now I'll tell you my problems:

In information System I can see 3.10 OE-A', I put in the recovery all the options to default.

1. I put 6 games (iso, cso) in the folder ISO, but when I go to games\MS I only see 2 games.
2. When I try to run a game I get a black screen (PES6, NBA Live 07, others but with 3 little games runs OK (Mind Quiz, Footbal manager and Miami Viace))
3. I try so, PSX games, I put it in the 3 differents folders GAME.... and always get 'Wrong data'

Can you help me??? please I'm lost.

PD. sorry for my English (I'm spanish and I'm trying to improve it)

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Hi to all,

I'm newbie in this scene, and I have a lot of problems with this update, I will give to you a little preface for you can give me a better help.

My PSP was an TA082 with 2.71 with MS 4Gb SONY Pro High Speed, and I downgrade to 1.50 OK, immediately i Update it to 3.03 OE-A, and next to 3.03 OE-C and next to 3.10 OE-A, and 3.10 OE-A', (I have made all this updates without play) and now I'll tell you my problems:

In information System I can see 3.10 OE-A', I put in the recovery all the options to default.
1. I put 6 games (iso, cso) in the folder ISO, but when I go to games\MS I only see 2 games.
2. When I try to run a game I get a black screen (PES6, NBA Live 07, others but with 3 little games runs OK (Mind Quiz, Footbal manager and Miami Viace))
3. I try so, PSX games, I put it in the 3 differents folders GAME.... and always get 'Wrong data'

Can you help me??? please I'm lost.

PD. sorry for my English (I'm spanish and I'm trying to improve it)

i have to say that your english is very good for someone who doesn't speak it as a first language. :)

the first and second problems sound like it could be a fake MS...check against the infomation in this thread... http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=1035.
i'd also suggest you make sure to have a UMD in the psp when no-UMD is turned off.

as for the PSX games, there is a thread here that explains how to convert them to play on the psp http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=987...if you follow that you should be fine...unless your problem is a fake MS....

hope this helps and any more questions or problems,just post them up :)

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Okay, question(s)

First thing's first, I know there are alot of people helping the n00bs out on here, but I just hafta say, x3sphere, it's truly impressive how many people you've helped, and all I've looked through is about 12 pages of this thread! (and also Setzer is a badass :D)

Okay, now that that's out of the way, I know you've all probably heard this too many times to count, but I'm a noob, and it's time for another installment of "N00bie Questions!" *ahem*

1. I have ordered and am getting my psp in a few days, and I see alot of people having problems with 3.10a' and I have decided just to go with 3.03c for now. Is/are there a way/ways to accidentally upgrade to an official firmware? And if so, will I have the option to not do it? Any game to stay away from due to auto-updating? I intend to use the browser with my Wi-Fi, will that update me? Because I ordered a 1.5 and I don't want to put that extra money to waste by accidentally upgrading. And if my firmware upgrades I will cry, ALOT. I ain't above cryin, and noone wants to see a grown man cry. (Well, 18, whatever, lol)

2. How does Popstation do the L2/R2 buttons? I know that sounds like a stupid question, but it's one that's somewhat obscure, I'm more or less just wondering.

3. So, for things like emus and stuff I put into the GAME150, and PSX I put in GAME?

*jumps up and down and shouts* I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY PSP TO GET HERE! I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY PSP TO GET HERE! I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY PSP TO GET HERE!... *passes out*

MenaceInc

Staff Member
First thing's first, I know there are alot of people helping the n00bs out on here, but I just hafta say, x3sphere, it's truly impressive how many people you've helped, and all I've looked through is about 12 pages of this thread! (and also Setzer is a badass :D)

Okay, now that that's out of the way, I know you've all probably heard this too many times to count, but I'm a noob, and it's time for another installment of "N00bie Questions!" *ahem*

1. I have ordered and am getting my psp in a few days, and I see alot of people having problems with 3.10a' and I have decided just to go with 3.03c for now. Is/are there a way/ways to accidentally upgrade to an official firmware? And if so, will I have the option to not do it? Any game to stay away from due to auto-updating? I intend to use the browser with my Wi-Fi, will that update me? Because I ordered a 1.5 and I don't want to put that extra money to waste by accidentally upgrading. And if my firmware upgrades I will cry, ALOT. I ain't above cryin, and noone wants to see a grown man cry. (Well, 18, whatever, lol)

2. How does Popstation do the L2/R2 buttons? I know that sounds like a stupid question, but it's one that's somewhat obscure, I'm more or less just wondering.

3. So, for things like emus and stuff I put into the GAME150, and PSX I put in GAME?

*jumps up and down and shouts* I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY PSP TO GET HERE! I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY PSP TO GET HERE! I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY PSP TO GET HERE!... *passes out*

hmm...ok,well,here i go with a response :p

1. i don't think there is a way to accidently update to an official firmware as i think that dark_alex put in code to stop that happening but just incase,heres a thread about a plugin that hides the update icons from UMD games.
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=950
also,theres no games as of yet that require any firmware above 3.00 as far as i know so you can play any game that you want :)
the internet browser doesn't require any updates and doesn't download or install them automatically either so don't be worrying about that.

2. popstation by default,uses the left and right directions on the analog nub for L2 and R2 respectively.there is an option to uses a different setup in the game if needed.

3.all homebrew goes into ms0:/PSP/GAME150,all playstation games go into ms0:/PSP/GAME and all ISO's go into ms0:/ISO folders

any more questions or problems just post up.

ps,just have to say not to use the word "noob"....i know you're using it to describe yourself but it was originally meant as an offensive term....a better word would be newbie.sorry if this annoys you but i really hate that word

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
I got myself a new psp and the firmware is V2.6, How do I upgrade it to 3.10 OE-a2?

Thanks

Stoopidhater

Is there any way to switch discs? I'm playing FFVIII right now and I just got to the end of disc one, but when i boot up disc two, my save file doesn't show up.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Is there any way to switch discs? I'm playing FFVIII right now and I just got to the end of disc one, but when i boot up disc two, my save file doesn't show up.

yes, the second disc GameID has to match that of your original SaveID from disc one.

If you don't know what it is look in your savedata folder on the memory stick and find the FF8 save, that number is what the second disc GameID should be changed to.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
hmm...ok,well,here i go with a response :p

1. i don't think there is a way to accidently update to an official firmware as i think that dark_alex put in code to stop that happening but just incase,heres a thread about a plugin that hides the update icons from UMD games.
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=950
also,theres no games as of yet that require any firmware above 3.00 as far as i know so you can play any game that you want :)
the internet browser doesn't require any updates and doesn't download or install them automatically either so don't be worrying about that.

2. popstation by default,uses the left and right directions on the analog nub for L2 and R2 respectively.there is an option to uses a different setup in the game if needed.

3.all homebrew goes into ms0:/PSP/GAME150,all playstation games go into ms0:/PSP/GAME and all ISO's go into ms0:/ISO folders

any more questions or problems just post up.

ps,just have to say not to use the word "noob"....i know you're using it to describe yourself but it was originally meant as an offensive term....a better word would be newbie.sorry if this annoys you but i really hate that word

Okay, no problem, thanks for the quick response, btw. (don't think i didn't notice your excessive help with the questions;) , plus MMZ's a complete badass.:) )

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Okay, no problem, thanks for the quick response, btw. (don't think i didn't notice your excessive help with the questions;) , plus MMZ's a complete badass.:) )

its no problem,really.the people of the forum like x3sphere and JKing helped me so i may as well try and help out a bit :D may as well when i'd be doing nothing else really :)

and yes,zero is a badass :p

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
thanks for the help, but I'm having a problem with installing the a2 update, I get an error saying that "the game could not be started. (80020148)

Stoopidhater

yes, the second disc GameID has to match that of your original SaveID from disc one.

If you don't know what it is look in your savedata folder on the memory stick and find the FF8 save, that number is what the second disc GameID should be changed to.

My first disc is named "SLUS00892_CD1" the save folder was named SLUS00892

Now my 2nd disc is named "SLUS00928_CD2" I have tried renaming this to "SLUS00892_CD2" as well as just "SLUS00892" and neither have worked...am I missing something?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
My first disc is named "SLUS00892_CD1" the save folder was named SLUS00892

Now my 2nd disc is named "SLUS00928_CD2" I have tried renaming this to "SLUS00892_CD2" as well as just "SLUS00892" and neither have worked...am I missing something?

yeah, what I meant is that you have to actually edit the GameID of the disc 2 eboot, it doesn't matter what the folder is named.

Use a program like PSX2PSP (http://www.exophase.com/files/download.php?id=91) which lets you edit it.. and change the disc 2 eboot GameID to "SLUS00892".

lord-of-noobs

im running 3.11 is there a way to get a downgrader 4 it cuz i want to get it down but i havent found one from anyone that works I let my brother borrow it and when i got it back it was v 3.11 i was waiting for it so i could get a new downgrader but i dont think it will work anymore

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
im running 3.11 is there a way to get a downgrader 4 it cuz i want to get it down but i havent found one from anyone that works I let my brother borrow it and when i got it back it was v 3.11 i was waiting for it so i could get a new downgrader but i dont think it will work anymore

3.11 cannot run homebrew. You will need to wait for a downgrader.