• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.10 OE-A' Released

ondjce

hi, im new to the psp modding scene. i recently updated to 3.10oe-2, now i have got GTA2 psz rip to work on my psp, but unable 2 get any ISO's to work. it is driving me crazy... the game i am trying to load is Metal gear Portable Op. it shows up as a valid game on my psp but when i load it, it just goes 2 a black screen and does nothing... any help?

i have been hearing alot about iso formats etc, what do i need to do?
do i need a iso loader, or will games load off the system screen?

also, been finding it hard to get valid info and alot of forums have come up with alot of different info, is there an official DAX forum? or official Tut?

thanx,
ondjce.

knicky91

Updater/Moderator
umm...

i dont think their is an official DAX forum or official Tut.

Their are a few 3.10OE tuts on the net if you look around.

ISO's hav to be in either a; .ISO or .CSO
DAX files are not compatible.

Troubleshooting:

1.Check that your ISO/CSO file is in your ISO folder in your PSP root folder.

2.in the recovery menu (while booting your PSP, hold the right trigger) check in Configuration that NO-UMD is Disabled and when you run the ISO/CSO, make sure their is a UMD in the drive.

3.Try other ISO/CSO files just to check if your current game is corrupted.

4.If you are still having problems, goto "restore factory settings" and then try run the ISO/CSO out of your "Game" Menu again.

*if you still have problems, post it on this thread and i or someone else will be glad to help you out.*

Cheers.

redwires

I recently upgraded from 3.02 OE-B to 3.10 OE-A R2 and on 3.10 OE I noticed that for FFVII, the transition to the battle screens and the the timing for certain things in the battle (like the colorful "LIMIT" thing in and also Tifa's limit break slot machine) is a lot faster. This applies to both ISOs converted with the popstation that came with 3.02OE-B and the later popstation.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I recently upgraded from 3.02 OE-B to 3.10 OE-A R2 and on 3.10 OE I noticed that for FFVII, the transition to the battle screens and the the timing for certain things in the battle (like the colorful "LIMIT" thing in and also Tifa's limit break slot machine) is a lot faster. This applies to both ISOs converted with the popstation that came with 3.02OE-B and the later popstation.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks

its normal, as you know Sony makes the emulator and they broke some things but fixed others.

If you liked 3.02 popstation better, you can use the new Popsloader to load different pops versions when starting your PS1 games.

redwires

its normal, as you know Sony makes the emulator and they broke some things but fixed others.

If you liked 3.02 popstation better, you can use the new Popsloader to load different pops versions when starting your PS1 games.

Thanks, that's good to know! :D

ChillOut

Hello to everybody,

Last week i bought a PSP and i did the necessary update (3.10 OE-A') in order to play ISO files. I can say that i was not expecting that will be too easy to play downloaded games. Thank you dark-alex for that amazing support!

I was wondering, is it so had to play ISO games, without a UMD inserted? I was wondering how come and such an issue havent resolved yet... (because i am a newbie, sorry if i am missing something)

Deadly

Hello to everybody,

Last week i bought a PSP and i did the necessary update (3.10 OE-A') in order to play ISO files. I can say that i was not expecting that will be too easy to play downloaded games. Thank you dark-alex for that amazing support!

I was wondering, is it so had to play ISO games, without a UMD inserted? I was wondering how come and such an issue havent resolved yet... (because i am a newbie, sorry if i am missing something)

It's ok we're all new at one time or another but DO NOT talk about downloading games. Your question is immediately null and void. New or not, NEVER reference illegal material. If you want to play an official game go buy it. Plain and simple.
To answer your question - some games do need a UMD "any UMD will work" inserted and others don't.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
You can enable NO-UMD mode in the recovery (hold R when turning your PSP on). However it is not compatible with all games.

Bettis

XD

Is the 3.10 OE-A version from dark_alex working for everyone?
Because for me I think all the games are name right, but I keep getting the error:

"The game could not be started"
(8002014C)

Any help plz?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
yes, maybe you should upgrade to 3.10 OE-A'

angelfire

Browse error

i just upgrade to 3.10 OE-A` and i got an error when try to enter BROWSE

. Setting Information is corrupted. Press the O button to repair and restore default setting.

i just press O button and it's shut down.

and i try to BROWSE again the same error still coming.

What should i do?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Try restore default settings, should fix it.

banner

It's ok we're all new at one time or another but DO NOT talk about downloading games. Your question is immediately null and void. New or not, NEVER reference illegal material. If you want to play an official game go buy it. Plain and simple.
To answer your question - some games do need a UMD "any UMD will work" inserted and others don't.

who is this? you must work for sony lol

ondjce

who is this? you must work for sony lol

i dont c what is wrong with d/l a game, i broke my NFS so had to d/l it so play it. do downloading and backin up is not illegal as long as you have purchased the original game in the 1st place.

sort of like windows and cd key, u can d/l windows again if u loose ur cd, and just use tha same cd key. simple as that...

ondjce

yay i got a ISO to finaly work! thank you so much to everyone who helped, and thanks 2 dark alex for his 3.10 oe`

problem was usb1.1 as soon as i transferd data on usb2 and loaded the game it worked.. cannot explain this... maybe something with psp compatibility with usu 1.1 who knows... :S

once again thanks to everyone on this forum, keep up good work.

knicky91

Updater/Moderator
i Got one small Q...

I have always had a problem with hiding my corrupt icons...
In all of the Custom Firmware versions i have had (3.03 OE-A/B/C, 3.10 OE-A/A') when enabling the "hide corrupt icons" option in the recovery menu, the corrupt icons always seem to stay...

Has anyone else had this problem???

*Firmware History: 1.50-2.00-1.50-3.03 OE-A/B/C-3.10 OE-A/A'*

KoRn

Hello,I'm newbie here,ssory for offtopic,but I would to ask for all over your questions,how much stupid there are may be.I've just sorry for my USA and English languages,because I'm only for 13 years old and I'm Russian people.

I'm begin's :

If you taken Firmware 3.10OpenEdition you may know , that some peoples broke's theirs Playstations , when they are go to BROWSER , I will take you an advice : If you think that you broken your PSP , you will shut down your PSP , go to Recovery Menu ( it seems by pushing on Right Shift on your console,then you would download the Firmware and take DATA.DXAR and EBOOT.PBP,and create folder PSP/GAME/RECOVERY (to that folder you will put EBOOT.PBP and DATA.DXAR),then you go to recovery menu and should push on the "Run Programm at PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP , push X (or O) you may see black display with red text,push X(or O),wait when the installation will take over,and push X,then your PSP console may to work greatly on lower Firmware , then if you want , you may install firmware which version is higher.

Good Luck,and sorry for my bad foreign language.

kfgh7

need help

ok im new to this whole thing but i got 3.10 the official sony one and im trying to put the 3.10 oe-a 2 on my psp and i cant not figure out how to do it ive see where theres suposed to be instructions or a read me but i cant find it plzz help thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ok im new to this whole thing but i got 3.10 the official sony one and im trying to put the 3.10 oe-a 2 on my psp and i cant not figure out how to do it ive see where theres suposed to be instructions or a read me but i cant find it plzz help thanks

check the Help Center forum, there is a tutorial there.

you need to install 3.10 OE-A first before upgrading to A2

Mr Elusive

wanna update

Ok...im another Newbie i wanna have the latest working psp bootstrap that Dark Alex has done....
my psp is now 1.5

IS their anyone who can help!!!!

& tell me where i can get all the downloads ill need

thank you kindly in advance!!!!