• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.50 Downgrade Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
How many PSP folders are there suppose to be on the memory stick?

Only one by default... but it wouldn't matter if you had more.

BorgmanJayce

I upgraded to 3.50 using my 4GB stick and I tried downgrading to 1.50 following the instructions given in the zipfile from the creators of the exploit and it didn't work...

My PSP is a Japanese Ceramic White version, [Original Firmware was 2.01 before being upgraded to 2.71 and 3.40 and 3.50] and my copy of Lumines is the European non Platinum version which has the 1.50 Firmware on the UMD.

EDIT: It's OK... I finally got it sorted out after much anguish and tears! :)

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...

SlayerPsp

Why wont it get dark and light blue when i start lumines

Hey there i totally respect your guide for downgrading but there is one thing which doesnt work for me and its the 3. Load Lumines and press X to start the game. The screen will clear to black and fill with a light blue color, then the PSP will return back to the XMB. If not, try again. Well my screen didnt turn black and didnt do anything at all just did what its supposed to do i tried it over 50 times still doesnt work... i repeated everystep trying to find mistakes but so far i think i have no mistakes at all any help will be accepted please :confused1:

SlayerPsp

Please someone help im on the almost last steps and then i got stuck on this annoying lumines step . maybe i did something wrong in the last steps but i dont know because iim a complete newb at this!!! ....

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey there i totally respect your guide for downgrading but there is one thing which doesnt work for me and its the 3. Load Lumines and press X to start the game. The screen will clear to black and fill with a light blue color, then the PSP will return back to the XMB. If not, try again. Well my screen didnt turn black and didnt do anything at all just did what its supposed to do i tried it over 50 times still doesnt work... i repeated everystep trying to find mistakes but so far i think i have no mistakes at all any help will be accepted please :confused1:

It started the Lumines game as normal then? Did not return to the XMB?

You don't have the files in the correct place then. Try copying over the PSP folder again.

EDIT: Please don't double post...

SlayerPsp

Still didnt work but maybe i understood this instruction wrong ? 2. Download the 1.50 update. Ensure that it is named UPDATE.PBP and copy it to X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE - DO NOT OVERWRITE PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP! Do i place the UPDATE.PBP into /MS_ROOT/PSP/GAME/UPDATE OR into PSP/GAME/UPDATE?

Acerthief

ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE.

you don't put the MS_ROOT folder into your ms. go into the MS_ROOT folder, THEN copy all the contents INSIDE the MS_ROOT folder.
i suggest formatting your memory stick and try again.

x3sphere said do not double post. and you did it again. it's going to be a warning if you double post again.

if you posted and you want to add something use the EDIT button on the bottom right of your post and then add in what you want to say. :)

SlayerPsp

Hm i formatted it now but it seems that my MS_ROOT is called MP_ROOT on my PSP for some reason. Is that normal and am i double posting again?

Acerthief

nope not this time. MS_Root and MP_root has nothing to do with each other
you go in MS_ROOT you'll see a PSP folder right? copy the PSP folder and then overwrite the one in your ms stick.
is this clear? if not i'll think of another way to tell you....:D

mimilo

All Right!!!, now my task its to find somebody who haves a Lumines UMD, or ill buy it on amazon!!

Damn!! i just cant wait!

Cheezeball99

Any way to do it without lumines?? because i dont want to buy it :bored:

Well, you could rent it, borrow it, or suck it up like a man and buy it.:p Just messin', no, there's no way without Lumines.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
K i haven't bought a psp yet but if i go to my nearest wal-mart and buy it, what will the firmware be? 3.51? or 3.50?

Should be 3.50... I don't think they sell PSPs with 3.51+ yet.

Cheezeball99

Should be 3.50... I don't think they sell PSPs with 3.51+ yet.

Good news. Or, if you have a janky Wal-Mart in the middle of nowhere like mine it'll probably have like 2.71 or something.:p Well, up until about two weeks ago- we just got the biggest super Wal-Mart in the country, actually, it's kinda crazy.

drifter265

k good, cuz i think my Wal-Mart will sell 3.50 lol. and the YouTube Video tutorial of how to do this looks really great so far. thanks alot and you guys reply quick too. GREAT SERVICE. Peace!

Cheezeball99

i put on the 3.52 on accdently i dont know what to do help me PLEASE I BEGGING U

You're f@cked, buddy- there's nothing you can do but wait. We have no idea if there will be a downgrader any time soon, if EVER, for 3.52.