• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.60 M33 Install Guide for PSP Slim and Lite

deludedjoy

I have a question.

What exactly is a NAND backup? And do I need to backup the keys as well or no? When I first downgraded my non-slim PSP, I recall installing a Custom IPL and fixing key 5. Will this be necessary for the slim? Thanks. :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have a question.

What exactly is a NAND backup? And do I need to backup the keys as well or no? When I first downgraded my non-slim PSP, I recall installing a Custom IPL and fixing key 5. Will this be necessary for the slim? Thanks. :)

It's a complete backup of the files on the PSP's flash memory. No need to mess with the keys on a Slim... they should all be left alone.

deludedjoy

It's a complete backup of the files on the PSP's flash memory. No need to mess with the keys on a Slim... they should all be left alone.

Thanks. :)
I'm gonna pick up a slim this Friday and hope that it's not 3.71. I think that's the latest firmware.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks. :)
I'm gonna pick up a slim this Friday and hope that it's not 3.71. I think that's the latest firmware.

Cool :) Yeah should be 3.60, haven't heard of 3.7X being pre-installed on any PSPs yet.

Juliette81

I just did all steps as said in the description but when I now plug in the Pandora Battery with the Magic Stick there is a black screen and nothing (i pressed cross but nothing happens too)...Btw my battery level is at 24% , could this be the problem ?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I just did all steps as said in the description but when I now plug in the Pandora Battery with the Magic Stick there is a black screen and nothing (i pressed cross but nothing happens too)...Btw my battery level is at 24% , could this be the problem ?

Perhaps... the black screen is normal and the memory stick should flash for a few seconds then the PSP will shut down.

So the memory stick did not flash at all? It might check the battery level then, plug the AC in then let it charge for about an hour.

Juliette81

Hmm i think there must be something wrong with my Pandora Battery, in both PSPs only Powerled is on and nothing happens when I trigger the power button. Its an original Sony "fat" PSP battery and converting it to Pandora battery worked as in the description.

Juliette81

Alright it seems to work now, it just booted up i pressed on cross and then it rebooted with 3.60 M33 :) . But now I'm staying in front of the next problem, how can i play homebrew software, do i need any special programs ?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Alright it seems to work now, it just booted up i pressed on cross and then it rebooted with 3.60 M33 :) . But now I'm staying in front of the next problem, how can i play homebrew software, do i need any special programs ?

To install homebrew, just copy over any folder which contains an EBOOT.PBP to X:/PSP/GAME

Then it'll show up in the Game menu on the PSP.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Will this work if my PSP slim already has the 3.71 firmware installed?

Not yet... in the future yes. M33 are still working on a 3.71 custom firmware.

Juliette81

To install homebrew, just copy over any folder which contains an EBOOT.PBP to X:/PSP/GAME

Then it'll show up in the Game menu on the PSP.

I've downloaded Loco Roco Demo and its an ISO File, when I put it on the memory sticks /:Iso directory i can see the preview in a small window but when it starts it aborts with the message "this game couldn't be started"

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I've downloaded Loco Roco Demo and its an ISO File, when I put it on the memory sticks /:Iso directory i can see the preview in a small window but when it starts it aborts with the message "this game couldn't be started"

Oh okay, well for ISOs do this. Press HOME in the PSP main menu screen and toggle UMD ISO Mode to "Sony NP9660"

That should fix your problem.

SharpTony

Can I place the battery of my PSP Slim into a Phat PSP running homebrew firmware and turn it into a "Pandora's Battery" or only Phat PSPs batteries can be turned into Pandora's batteries?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Can I place the battery of my PSP Slim into a Phat PSP running homebrew firmware and turn it into a "Pandora's Battery" or only Phat PSPs batteries can be turned into Pandora's batteries?

Nope, according to a few people using the battery creator on a Slim battery will render it unusable. Only use the creator on a regular Phat battery.

deludedjoy

I'm about to pick up my slim. :)

Are the old batteries compatible with the slim? Because it should provide more battery life. And after backing up the NAND, I just keep it in a safe spot, correct? Thanks for all the help. :D

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm about to pick up my slim. :)

Are the old batteries compatible with the slim? Because it should provide more battery life. And after backing up the NAND, I just keep it in a safe spot, correct? Thanks for all the help. :D

That's right, and yes old batteries are compatible with the Slim.

deludedjoy

Just so you know, I believe there's a little typo on the install guide. You typed "silm" instead of "slim", nothing big. :p

And I just opened my slim. I would've prefered a white one but they aren't out and I definitely wouldn't want a Star Wars one. And I wouldn't be patient enough to wait for the core pack. I feel somewhat ripped off; as others have said, the slim seems cheaply made. However, the improvements balance that out so I guess I have mixed feelings. Thanks again! :)