• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.60 M33 Install Guide for PSP Slim and Lite

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ok I already have the pandora battery and memory stick but the problem is that my psp wont turn on (and no it is not bricked) so is there ANY any any a-n-y way of doing this without a regular psp? and does the phat battery really fit into the slim psp? doesnt that have a different sized battery...:confused1:

The battery fits fine, the cover won't close with a Phat battery inserted though. But no biggie, you only need it inserted during the installation process.

TypeF

hi....umm i did all the process and stuff and i put the memory stick and the pandora battery....and no screen poped up but a black solid screen and now my slim battery wont work either or the adapter....did it fuck up?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hi....umm i did all the process and stuff and i put the memory stick and the pandora battery....and no screen poped up but a black solid screen and now my slim battery wont work either or the adapter....did it fuck up?

Well did you read the guide? It's normal for the PSP to boot to a black screen

5. Boot the PSP Slim. It should boot to a black screen, but no worries.

You have three options here -

Press X to install M33. The process will last just few seconds, since the installer only
needs to install the M33 custom PRX files and IPL. Once finished, the installer will shutdown the PSP automatically.

Press L+R+triangle to uninstall M33 and go back to original 3.60. Note: this can't unbrick a PSP Slim, it will just remove M33 IPL. There is currently no unbricker for the PSP Slim, but we plan on doing one in the future. After uninstalling, PSP will be shutdown automatically.

Press Square to dump the PSP Slim NAND. Watch out: you need 66 MB of free space in the memory stick for this, otherwise your memory stick may end corrupted. When finished, the orange memory stick LED will stop blinking. From here you can either shut down the PSP or choose a different option.

Looks like you somehow bricked it though.

Check out this guide on restoring: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780

Since you already have a Pandora battery, you'll only need to follow the steps outlined to create a magic memory stick.

flip_jam13

hey

:confused1:y it did not work?went i start to my install 3.60m33 pandora
they say:could not be started.(8002014c)
i need help! plz!:crying:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
:confused1:y it did not work?went i start to my install 3.60m33 pandora
they say:could not be started.(8002014c)
i need help! plz!:crying:

What firmware do you have?

Acerthief

Acerthief

its say version3.71
mac adresse:00:1c:26:d4:0e:5a

Sorry mate, you'll need 3.60 in order to use this.

If you know anyone near by that has a PSP with custom firmware, use THIS guide.

Or else, check out this guide HERE and see if there's anyone near your area.

These are your best bets mate.

booom

i have a simple questiom for x3sphere in step 3 it must me in X:/PSP/GAME150 on the memory stick not in X:/PSP/GAME on the memory stick.

Acerthief

i have a simple questiom for x3sphere in step 3 it must me in X:/PSP/GAME150 on the memory stick not in X:/PSP/GAME on the memory stick.

One thing you should notice is that this installation can only be done on a custom firmware

booom

Acerthief can i add u in my messenger?? thanks mate

booom

for m33 theres any requirement for memory?? i only heard that 8gb memory is not working with 3.60 m33?? bcoz i but new 8gb memory for my psp slim

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
for m33 theres any requirement for memory?? i only heard that 8gb memory is not working with 3.60 m33?? bcoz i but new 8gb memory for my psp slim

M33 supports 8GB memory sticks, it's just older homebrew applications that are incompatible with them.

moose187

i need help,

i made the battery and i need to use it but it wont turn on or the m33 program sont run properly and just says error...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i made the battery and i need to use it but it wont turn on or the m33 program sont run properly and just says error...

3.60 is pretty outdated now. But anyways how is it saying error if the 3.60 M33 updater outputs nothing to the screen? There should only be a black screen when booting with the Pandora battery and magic memory stick. Take note of these steps:

Boot the PSP Slim. It should boot to a black screen, but no worries

You have three options here -

Press X to install M33. The process will last just few seconds, since the installer only
needs to install the M33 custom PRX files and IPL. Once finished, the installer will shutdown the PSP automatically.

Press L+R+triangle to uninstall M33 and go back to original 3.60. Note: this can't unbrick a PSP Slim, it will just remove M33 IPL. There is currently no unbricker for the PSP Slim, but we plan on doing one in the future. After uninstalling, PSP will be shutdown automatically.

Press Square to dump the PSP Slim NAND. Watch out: you need 66 MB of free space in the memory stick for this, otherwise your memory stick may end corrupted. When finished, the orange memory stick LED will stop blinking. From here you can either shut down the PSP or choose a different option.

moose187

3.60 is pretty outdated now. But anyways how is it saying error if the 3.60 M33 updater outputs nothing to the screen? There should only be a black screen when booting with the Pandora battery and magic memory stick. Take note of these steps:

at first it didnt even boot up, but then it did and now the battery wont work at all and it doesnt even work in my normal psp now ... what can i do cause its fully charged before this happened...