• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.71 M33 Install Guide

frozen-flame

ok... i have the black screen up during the update... and this is what it says

Verifying 371.PBP... ok
Verifying umodule.prx... ok

'some of you idstorage keys have not the correct values, probably due to a downgrader. In order to continue, press x to restore the correct values, press R to exit'
i read something somewhere similar to this and he bricked his... <_< do i have to do something seperate and fix the keys? or do i go ahead and let the psp work itself out by pressing X

Acerthief

Well if you have a TA-082 mobo and you're not sure that your keys are clean i wouldn't do it, cause that's how I bricked mine on accident (but i have pandora so)

I'd recommend Using KeyCleaner v1.4 first and clean up your keys.

But again, if you have a TA-082 do NOT unpatch key 5 or else you'll PSP will brick.

I remember the installer looks at key8, but you'll need x3 to comfirm that.

frozen-flame

Well if you have a TA-082 mobo and you're not sure that your keys are clean i wouldn't do it, cause that's how I bricked mine on accident (but i have pandora so)

I'd recommend Using KeyCleaner v1.4 first and clean up your keys.

But again, if you have a TA-082 do NOT unpatch key 5 or else you'll PSP will brick.

I remember the installer looks at key8, but you'll need x3 to comfirm that.

I have a TA-082 mobo.... so should i just clean the keys? and not unpatch key 5..?

Edit: scrap that... i cleaned the key's with chilly willy's cleaner and now it is all ok but the update still does not run.. says the same message as before, although his key cleaner says congratulation all the keys are fixed... any ideas?

frozen-flame

you're running into the same problem as me.
you'll have to ask x3 about the keys,

for me, i used the pandora to flash to 3.71M33, which skips the key check.

Ok then... thanks for the help anyway.
Soo.. i guess x3sphere i need a little bit of help with the key cleaning... i have done no downgrades what so ever.. only have done the firmware updates from this site... so i don't see how downgrades could have affected keys.. do i actually need a pandora battery like thief has or do you have some miracle idea that will help :huh:
Please try help
Thanks if you have any idea's =]

Oh and thanks thief for the keycleaner link ^^

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ok... i have the black screen up during the update... and this is what it says

Verifying 371.PBP... ok
Verifying umodule.prx... ok

'some of you idstorage keys have not the correct values, probably due to a downgrader. In order to continue, press x to restore the correct values, press R to exit'
i read something somewhere similar to this and he bricked his... <_< do i have to do something seperate and fix the keys? or do i go ahead and let the psp work itself out by pressing X

That's normal if you have a TA-082/86 motherboard. You need to press X

frozen-flame

Ok thanks, i'll try the update again later today, but thanks in advance for the help if it all works out =] you guys helped heaps cheerz

LukeTheOne

Can't work

Alright... i hav upgraded my psp from version 1.50 to 3.52 M33-4 n when i try to use this firmware... it says it can only work on psp that has version 3.52 m33-3 or higher but mine is 3.52 m33-4. What is the problem here and how can i fix this to make this work?

LukeTheOne

Oh wait.... i figured out the problem.. i had to change something in the recovery menu to make it run... but thx anyway... n could u figure out my other post which i made on my homebrew games.. could u check it out n help me?

Friscoway

well guys if I install this How can I go back to 1.50??

also I if i try to use PSX would they work?

would the 1.50 recovery package will work?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
well guys if I install this How can I go back to 1.50??

also I if i try to use PSX would they work?

would the 1.50 recovery package will work?

PSX games work on 3.71 M33. Also if you follow the old Pandora guide you can create a memory stick that has firmware 1.50 on it.

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3238

No need to re-do the battery steps, just the memory stick part.

There is also a recovery folder available, this worked to downgrade 3.52 M33 and below, not sure if it works with 3.71 M33.

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=1508

LukeTheOne

hey.... i hav already uprgraded this but when i try to play homebrew games it still won't work. I hav downloaded 4 games from utorrent. And when i put it in my psp only 2 showed which is 300 March To Glory and Def Jam The Takeover. When i downloaded this it was already a CSO file but when i downloaded Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 and Prince Of Persia Rival Swords and put it into my psp, it won't show up. I also hav tried converting the files from ISO to CSO and it still doesn't work. How can i fix this? Go to my fourm on this certain topic or send me a private message if u think u can help thank you.

Acerthief

hey.... i hav already uprgraded this but when i try to play homebrew games it still won't work. I hav downloaded 4 games from utorrent. And when i put it in my psp only 2 showed which is 300 March To Glory and Def Jam The Takeover. When i downloaded this it was already a CSO file but when i downloaded Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 and Prince Of Persia Rival Swords and put it into my psp, it won't show up. I also hav tried converting the files from ISO to CSO and it still doesn't work. How can i fix this? Go to my fourm on this certain topic or send me a private message if u think u can help thank you.

Piracy Not Supported.
and READ THE RULES.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
What is the main difference between a OE firmware and M33 firmware? How stable is the M33 firmware?

M33 is a continuation of OE, it's just as stable as OE.

sawxors_66

having problems with 3.71 m33

I have 3.52-4 m33 and 1 try the way this page says how to install 3.71 m33 and my card will blink for 5 seconds and and turns off and all my keys are fine what do i do????

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have 3.52-4 m33 and 1 try the way this page says how to install 3.71 m33 and my card will blink for 5 seconds and and turns off and all my keys are fine what do i do????

Try formatting your memory stick. If that fails, then try using a different stick.

nevster

150kernal_addon2

hi, i have the 150kernal_addon2 and im running 3.71m33-2, tried to install it but it said something about the 150.pbp not being there and then restarts... any ideas why this is? also is this gonna take me right back to 1.50?

all help appreciated thanks
nevster