• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.71 M33 Install Guide

Acerthief

phat psp = older version psp.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hello,

I'm new on this. Until now i used Firmware Emulators. I have a fat PSP with 1.50. What do i need to do to get 3.71

Thank you

First install 3.52 M33 -> http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=2732

Upgrade to 3.52 M33-4 -> http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3185

Then you can follow the guide in this thread to install 3.71 M33.

I used pandora....

Strange. Well the error you are getting appears to be due to a damaged idstorage or possibly bad blocks on the nand flash. You could try reinstalling 3.52 M33 and then upgrading back to 3.52 M33-4 to see if that fixes it. Don't really know what else to suggest.

GTR 3.0

oh!

yea i got phat! so what i do then, i got version v3.70 phat and i want a custom firmware(any CFW), whats the easiest way?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
yea i got phat! so what i do then, i got version v3.70 phat and i want a custom firmware(any CFW), whats the easiest way?

Well right now, you're stuck on a non-homebrew enabled firmware, so the only way is to first downgrade your PSP using Pandora's Battery. There's a guide detailing how to do that here, however converting the battery requires a homebrew enabled PSP, so you'll need to know someone who has one.

If you don't know anyone who has a homebrew enabled PSP, then it is possible to buy an already converted battery. Might want to take a look at SonicTH's post if you decide to go this route:

http://forums.exophase.com/showpost.php?p=19084&postcount=19

GTR 3.0

question!

Well right now, you're stuck on a non-homebrew enabled firmware, so the only way is to first downgrade your PSP using Pandora's Battery. There's a guide detailing how to do that here, however converting the battery requires a homebrew enabled PSP, so you'll need to know someone who has one.

If you don't know anyone who has a homebrew enabled PSP, then it is possible to buy an already converted battery. Might want to take a look at SonicTH's post if you decide to go this route:

http://forums.exophase.com/showpost.php?p=19084&postcount=19

my friend got v3.52(not cfw). does it help?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
my friend got v3.52(not cfw). does it help?

nah, he's actually in the same boat as you. Only firmwares 3.50 and below can be downgraded by other means.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
:crying: so sad:crying:
is there 3.70 downgrade coming?

In the future maybe, but I will tell you right now none of the big teams like Noobz are working on one. So you could be in for a long wait.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
pandora pattery then....
should i make it myself or buy one?
found a extra battery with a cheap price:
http://www.joytech.net/8/products/psp/2/92/Power-Grip.htm#specs

This is a pre-made Pandora battery:

http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=986

$25, which is the same price as reg. battery so it's not so bad.

any downgrade for psp-2001 slim 3.71

not yet... D_A plans to release it within the coming weeks.

b4k4kun

i'm having a bit of a problem, at first i tried to update, except it told me that my firmware needs to be higher than 3.52-3, and then I checked and found out I only installed 3.52, and never the -3 or -4 updates. So then I followed the instructions on updating it to -4, and verified it in the system settings.

so then i tried again, but it's still giving me the same error. i've checked and all my keys are okay with 100% battery :X

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i'm having a bit of a problem, at first i tried to update, except it told me that my firmware needs to be higher than 3.52-3, and then I checked and found out I only installed 3.52, and never the -3 or -4 updates. So then I followed the instructions on updating it to -4, and verified it in the system settings.

so then i tried again, but it's still giving me the same error. i've checked and all my keys are okay with 100% battery :X

To fix this, go into recovery mode (hold R during boot) and enter Configuration and set the GAME folder kernel mode to 3.52.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
phat psp = older version psp.

A lot of people have objected to calling the older PSP "fat" simply because the new one is called "Slim and Lite", so people started calling it "phat" instead. It's pronounced the same, but phat is actually P.H.A.T., an acronym that stands for Pretty Hot And Temping. It was common slang used several years ago in the US.

b4k4kun

To fix this, go into recovery mode (hold R during boot) and enter Configuration and set the GAME folder kernel mode to 3.52.

thanks, that simple solution worked perfectly and now i'm running the 3.71 ^^

one note though, after installing it, verified that it was 3.71, and then headed over to theme and i got an error(that i forgot to take note of) and it basically gave me the corrupted screen and restored everything to 3.71 defaults :X

*edit*

after that happened, i turned off my psp, and held down R to go into recovery and i noticed i couldn't move to select anything... and then i bricked ^^;; now i'm gonna have to wait for my friend to come over so i can convert my battery for pandora :X

unbricked and i decided to stay on 3.52-4 a bit longer ^^;;

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
thanks, that simple solution worked perfectly and now i'm running the 3.71 ^^

one note though, after installing it, verified that it was 3.71, and then headed over to theme and i got an error(that i forgot to take note of) and it basically gave me the corrupted screen and restored everything to 3.71 defaults :X

*edit*

after that happened, i turned off my psp, and held down R to go into recovery and i noticed i couldn't move to select anything... and then i bricked ^^;; now i'm gonna have to wait for my friend to come over so i can convert my battery for pandora :X

Hmm, strange. I did try the custom themes option on my PSP Slim and no problems here.

But I will tell D_A about this, could be a bug in the firmware, as someone else had a similar problem.