• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.71 M33 Install Guide

Frozentjai

Lol when it sayd need 3.52 M33-3 and i got 3.52 M33-4 he still restarting and he will not update to 3.71 m33 help please?:) thx in advance

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Lol when it sayd need 3.52 M33-3 and i got 3.52 M33-4 he still restarting and he will not update to 3.71 m33 help please?:) thx in advance

what exactly are you asking? Yes you need to be on at least 3.52 M33-3 to install this.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
my qeustion was why he always restarting when i try to update to 3.71 m33?
i have 3.52 m33-4

Go into recovery mode (hold R during boot), then enter Configuration and make sure the GAME folder homebrew is set to 3.52 kernel. Also, it will restart if your battery is not at least 78 % charged.

ramses112uk

problem updating to psp custom 3.71

hi im on version 3.52 m33-4 and wen i goto update to 3.71 m33 it says when verifying the 37.pbp file that its incorrect any help wud be aprreaciated

Gerry

H, Got an old PSP that works fine with ISO (got original UMD but easier to have all on one disk). Now got new PSP Slim with 3,60 M33, upgraded to 3.71 M33 but can not play ISO (couldnt under 3,60 either). Any ideas? Thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hi im on version 3.52 m33-4 and wen i goto update to 3.71 m33 it says when verifying the 37.pbp file that its incorrect any help wud be aprreaciated

Corrupt memory stick is the most probable cause. Try formatting your memory stick and then copy the files back over.

H, Got an old PSP that works fine with ISO (got original UMD but easier to have all on one disk). Now got new PSP Slim with 3,60 M33, upgraded to 3.71 M33 but can not play ISO (couldnt under 3,60 either). Any ideas? Thanks

Try pressing select in the PSP main menu screen (XMB) and switch the ISO mode to Sony NP9660.

Gerry

Thanks. Will try that too. just worked out that if any UMD is in , it works. Thanks for the help. Great site.

jeegee

Many thanks. Followed this guide to the letter. went 3.51m33>3.52m33>3.52m33-4>3.71m33>3.71m33-1.50patch no probs at all in a matter of mins. all new features seem to be working just fine, my homebrew and emus are working as are images Thanks again. Oh my psp is a japanese Phat psp1000

pogi_c_gio

help

i heard the 1.5 kernel for 3.71m33 has been released..
i have a 1.5 Version Fat PSP-1001..
can someone please give me a complete installation guide on how can i install 3.71 for my 1.5 fat PSP??
need help here..

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Tunix

I followed the guide, and when I start the update it sais: "Verifying 371.PBP... Cannot open file. I used that KeyCleaner thing, and it said that I don't need to change anything. I have FW 3.52-4 M33. I've installed 3.52 M33 again and version 4 as well, and it still doesn't work. Can someone help please?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I followed the guide, and when I start the update it sais: "Verifying 371.PBP... Cannot open file. I used that KeyCleaner thing, and it said that I don't need to change anything. I have FW 3.52-4 M33. I've installed 3.52 M33 again and version 4 as well, and it still doesn't work. Can someone help please?

First make sure the 371.PBP was fully downloaded, it should be around 22.5MB.

Secondly make sure it is in the correct folder X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

Also try formatting the memory stick (backup all files before doing this) and then copy all the files back and try running the updater.

Tunix

First make sure the 371.PBP was fully downloaded, it should be around 22.5MB.

Secondly make sure it is in the correct folder X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

Also try formatting the memory stick (backup all files before doing this) and then copy all the files back and try running the updater.

Thanks, mine was 200 Kb or something. I thought it was finished after I put the UPDATE folder on my PSP. :blushing: Soz. But it's working now :)

GEoMaNTiK

Hey guys,

Just wondering, why does the new 3.71m33-2 release not contain the unmodule.prx file as in the previous 3.71m33 UPDATE folder?

Is this a problem and do we really need it when flashing to 3.71m33-2 from 3.60m33 on a Slim?

I'm trying my best to avoid a brick and want everything to be set correctly.

Also how long does the update take from the time you run it on the PSP to the time you have to press X to reboot?

Cheers in advance.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey guys,

Just wondering, why does the new 3.71m33-2 release not contain the unmodule.prx file as in the previous 3.71m33 UPDATE folder?

Is this a problem and do we really need it when flashing to 3.71m33-2 from 3.60m33 on a Slim?

I'm trying my best to avoid a brick and want everything to be set correctly.

Also how long does the update take from the time you run it on the PSP to the time you have to press X to reboot?

Cheers in advance.

Because the 3.71 M33-2 is just a small update for 3.71 M33, its not a whole new firmware update. Takes like 5 seconds to install.

GEoMaNTiK

Because the 3.71 M33-2 is just a small update for 3.71 M33, its not a whole new firmware update. Takes like 5 seconds to install.

Oh okay, so am I correct in thinking, I cannot go directly from 3.60m33 to 3.71m33-2?
Do I just have to install 3.71m33-1 first and then do 3.71m33-2?

With the full update, how long does it take to flash normally?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Oh okay, so am I correct in thinking, I cannot go directly from 3.60m33 to 3.71m33-2?
Do I just have to install 3.71m33-1 first and then do 3.71m33-2?

With the full update, how long does it take to flash normally?

Yes that's correct. Takes around 5 minutes to install 3.71 M33-1, same as an official Sony update.