• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.71 M33 Install Guide

MenaceInc

Staff Member
upgraded to 3.52 M33-4 in anticipation of the 1.5 kernal patch for 3.71....so hoping its released soon. :)

a4ex

First install 3.52 M33 -> http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=2732

Upgrade to 3.52 M33-4 -> http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3185

Then you can follow the guide in this thread to install 3.71 M33.

Strange. Well the error you are getting appears to be due to a damaged idstorage or possibly bad blocks on the nand flash. You could try reinstalling 3.52 M33 and then upgrading back to 3.52 M33-4 to see if that fixes it. Don't really know what else to suggest.

Thanks for that. Did it and works perfect. Is there anything were i can read for the functions of the moded fw?

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Thanks for that. Did it and works perfect. Is there anything were i can read for the functions of the moded fw?

Yeah, but keep in mind it's somewhat outdated; It's HERE.

PhreakAccident

I just did my PSP and it came off without a hitch. The guide isn't Noob proof if you aquired the official firmware direct from the company rather than the guide, but I was keen enough to rename the official eboot firmware (I'm a PSP Noob but moreso savvy elsewhere on the PC). Thumbs up to everyone that made this possible.... again!

Edit: I almost forgot to mention. I ran the KeyCleaner and it said all was fine and that key 5 had the legit Chilly Willy patch. The new updater for 3.71M33 then told me that there were problems with my keys and offered to fix them. I did that, and the patch was successful. I then ran KeyCleaner and was told that all my keys were fine and that key 5 was not patched. Does this mean my IDString also was changed or is that a different item than keys?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I just did my PSP and it came off without a hitch. The guide isn't Noob proof if you aquired the official firmware direct from the company rather than the guide, but I was keen enough to rename the official eboot firmware (I'm a PSP Noob but moreso savvy elsewhere on the PC). Thumbs up to everyone that made this possible.... again!

Edit: I almost forgot to mention. I ran the KeyCleaner and it said all was fine and that key 5 had the legit Chilly Willy patch. The new updater for 3.71M33 then told me that there were problems with my keys and offered to fix them. I did that, and the patch was successful. I then ran KeyCleaner and was told that all my keys were fine and that key 5 was not patched. Does this mean my IDString also was changed or is that a different item than keys?

Yep, key 5 is unpatched when updating since it is not needed to be patched anymore on 3.71 M33.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Sorry for the stupid question but what is the 1.5 kernal patch and what does it do?

No question is stupid, unless it's a stupid question. This one isn't:p In 3.71M33 you can't use 1.5 compatible homebrew yet without the help of the 'eloader'. The patch will fix this.

donlau85

i have a problem update to 3.71 M33. i currently using 3.52-4 m33. when i run the upgrade application it run as normal, i press X 2 times. then before i can wanted to press e start, it show a message, error msg is drnffffffb0. then i restart my psp and bcome brick. can ani 1 help. plz...

vanillasky

i have a problem update to 3.71 M33. i currently using 3.52-4 m33. when i run the upgrade application it run as normal, i press X 2 times. then before i can wanted to press e start, it show a message, error msg is drnffffffb0. then i restart my psp and bcome brick. can ani 1 help. plz...

oohhh.. that sucks man.. i just upgraded my 3.52-4m33 using the step by step procedure provided here as well but got a positive result than what you had.. i now have the 3.71m33 firmware.. did u save all the files under the update folder? including the 22.6mb file? guess u will have to wait for the unbricker the guymentioned wih the update..

Hooky

3.60 to 3.60 M33

i'm still confused :confused1: i've a psp slim and lite firmware 3.60 :smile: so i have to update to 3.60 m33 right ? now can i do this without cone be bricked or do i have to do the pendora stuff ?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i'm still confused :confused1: i've a psp slim and lite firmware 3.60 :smile: so i have to update to 3.60 m33 right ? now can i do this without cone be bricked or do i have to do the pendora stuff ?

Check out the guide for installing 3.60 M33. Yes, you will need to create a Pandora battery (use a regular battery only NOT the Slim battery) and magic memory stick to install 3.60 M33.

Creating the battery and installing the memory stick files requires a homebrew-capable PSP.

Hitokiri

same here, help plzz..

Waves

Im new on this stuf and all nd i installed the 3.71 M33 but i cant install it cuz system is already updated to the regulard sony update version 3.71 so is there any1 that can help me downgrade my psp plzz some 1 help me out

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Im new on this stuf and all nd i installed the 3.71 M33 but i cant install it cuz system is already updated to the regulard sony update version 3.71 so is there any1 that can help me downgrade my psp plzz some 1 help me out

If you are on official 3.71 then there's only one way out and that is by using a Pandora battery: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3238

Someone with a homebrew-capable PSP must convert the battery and install the memory stick files for you.