• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.71 M33 Install Guide

ap_ichor

After using eLoader I got pretty sick of it (crashed upon load of Genesis ROMs, crashed at exit of gPSP[??!!]), so I switched to 1.50 kernel again in the recovery menu and everything works fine again!

Weird, but...I'll take it! Hopefully my ROMs don't crash at times like they did on M33 3.52-4...my GB/GBC ROMs crashed all the time at varying intervals...just froze and shut down the PSP. Anyone know why that was happening? I tried multiple emulators, multiple copies of each ROM and they still did it. Checking now if turning hard reset off on homebrew will somehow miraculously fix it.

(Edit: was just playing UMK3 for SNES using SNES9xTYL 0.4.2me++ and I got a red screen of death (I only get these in this emulator) and it said something about read/write fetching being the error or something...very weird. Never got that before. Anyone know why my ROMs/Emus crash?)

Thanks for the help all.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hello I'm considering getting a PSP Slim real soon and I just need to get some facts straight. How would I get 3.71 M33 firmware on my PSP if I have access to a homebrew enabled PSP 1.5 CFW? I would need to get to 3.60 M33 on my PSP before moving onto 3.71 M33. I understand that part.

Let's say I get a new PSP slim and it has 3.60 or 3.71 firmware on it. I would first have to get to 3.60 M33 to move onto 3.71 M33. How would I upgrade to 3.60 M33 CFW? Would I follow the instructions on how to make a service battery (Pandora's Battery), but instead of using the 1.5 FW update, I replace it with 3.60 M33 CFW update? And then I'd revert the battery back to normal, and follow the same steps for making a service battery except this time with 3.71 M33? I'm very confused...please clarify for me. Thanks!

Too many steps here... Alex released a new version of the unbricker / downgrader that will allow you to restore directly to 3.71 M33-2. No need to install 3.60 M33.

Check out the guide here: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3780

After using eLoader I got pretty sick of it (crashed upon load of Genesis ROMs, crashed at exit of gPSP[??!!]), so I switched to 1.50 kernel again in the recovery menu and everything works fine again!

Weird, but...I'll take it! Hopefully my ROMs don't crash at times like they did on M33 3.52-4...my GB/GBC ROMs crashed all the time at varying intervals...just froze and shut down the PSP. Anyone know why that was happening? I tried multiple emulators, multiple copies of each ROM and they still did it. Checking now if turning hard reset off on homebrew will somehow miraculously fix it.

(Edit: was just playing UMK3 for SNES using SNES9xTYL 0.4.2me++ and I got a red screen of death (I only get these in this emulator) and it said something about read/write fetching being the error or something...very weird. Never got that before. Anyone know why my ROMs/Emus crash?)

Thanks for the help all.

Personally I haven't tried the GB emulator, but gpSP works fine here and doesn't crash. As for the error with SNESTYL, that's nothing to do with the firmware, just a bug in the emulator itself.

chemist

Staff infection
I have my psp at 3.40 OE - A.
All i have done to my psp is put that custom firmware on it and emulators.
I'm thinking on upgrading to 3.71 M33 but i want to know if there is anything important i should do to my psp before or after i upgrade.
Any help would be great.

htqonline

I installed 3.52 M33-4 success but when i install 3.71 M33 i have this error :

Verify 371.PBP : ok
XMB : ok
Error 0x00000060 checking idstorage degeneration

What can i do now ? :( .

Thank you for reading :(

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have my psp at 3.40 OE - A.
All i have done to my psp is put that custom firmware on it and emulators.
I'm thinking on upgrading to 3.71 M33 but i want to know if there is anything important i should do to my psp before or after i upgrade.
Any help would be great.

You need to install 3.52 M33 and then install the 3.52 M33-4 update before going to 3.71 M33. Other than that, there's nothing else to do.

I installed 3.52 M33-4 success but when i install 3.71 M33 i have this error :

Verify 371.PBP : ok
XMB : ok
Error 0x00000060 checking idstorage degeneration

What can i do now ? :( .

Thank you for reading :(

Very strange error. Can you try running KeyCleaner? Analyze your idstorage keys with it and fix any corrupt keys it reports, except for key 5.

RETHINK_THAT

One note - because this custom firmware updater runs the actual 3.71 updater, your keys must be good before doing so. The cfw updater will unpatch key 5, but all other keys must be good or the 3.71 updater will quit without updating. This means that people running on a phat PSP should check their keys beforehand. You'll find my latest KeyCleaner here in the PspDevelopment forum.

All the keys reported by KC should be good, with 0x42 and 0x46 being clear, and key 5 being patched. The type of patch for key 5 doesn't matter, so long as it's just a patched key 5. If this is not the case, fix the keys before trying to update.

I ran the key cleaner v1.4 and it said everything checked out, but when I run 3.71 Updater it always says : Verifying 3.71PBP...Cannot open file (0x80010002).

???What am I supposed to do?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I ran the key cleaner v1.4 and it said everything checked out, but when I run 3.71 Updater it always says : Verifying 3.71PBP...Cannot open file (0x80010002).

???What am I supposed to do?

Make sure the EBOOT size is around 22.5MB. Format the memory stick. If it still doesn't work, most likely scenario is that you have a faulty memory stick.

RETHINK_THAT

Alright, it workded. Thanks a lot! The only problem is now the 1.50 kernel is confusing me. When I put it just at the root (for me it's K:/) it just sits there. It doesn't come up as a game or anything, it's just there. Am I supposed to do something with it or do I just let it sit there?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Alright, it workded. Thanks a lot! The only problem is now the 1.50 kernel is confusing me. When I put it just at the root (for me it's K:/) it just sits there. It doesn't come up as a game or anything, it's just there. Am I supposed to do something with it or do I just let it sit there?

Well, only the 150.PBP goes in K:/

The UPDATE folder must be placed in GAME.

chemist

Staff infection
I need the 3.53 M33 - 4 update.
The links to download are broken.
After i upgrade to 3.71 what should i do?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

chemist

Staff infection
Weird, i didn't work with IE.
I used my portable Firefox to solve the problem.
Nevermind it didnt solve the problem.
I downloaded the zip and it came empty.

Found a alternitive link.
I cant find any links that will let me download the file.
Please help.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

RETHINK_THAT

OK...PERFECT! Seriously, you guys are amazing! Thank you all for your help even though I asked some pretty stupid questions. Thanks especially to x3sphere for helping diagnose the problem(s) and what to do to accomplish 3.71 M33! I'm SUPER happy with my new firmware, and if anybody is reading this, don't hold back, just upgrade to this! If you get confused, ask for help, and one of these amazing personnel will help you quickly so that you can be on your way! THANKS AGAIN!!!

frozen-flame

ok umm.. i just bought a new psp phat.. i haven't done any software upgrade of any sort it's on the 1.50 firmware... I haven't found a guide from this software to a higher homebrew or custom firmware, anyone think they can help me with any advice.. please any is appreciated.